Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Coast

Posted

Those shower trains look fantastic on radar...Hope they do not decay as everyone would benefit

in SE I suspect..........Looking good for radar and lampost watching after dark tonight!

Posted

Drip Drip Drip ! , the sun today has thawed so much snow off the bush's next to the house... Bring on the snow and winds

It's -1.7 here north of London, whilst the sun has been out, its really only on the roofs that have snow melt. All looks same as this morning. :wallbash:

Posted

Im in the part that never does well from a North Easterly. even easterlys without streamers do not deliver that much to where I am. However cannot complain it is still chaos here!

Looking cold and bitter however and sunday looks to deliver pockets inland. Then im not so sure...a progression towards something less cold is on the cards for 2 models...remaining cold for 1 and something in between for the rest (GEm etc), Attack from the SW to give snow next week later...perhaps.

Should keep eyes on this weekend...though expect some downgrades on this I think

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything and everything

sky here turned a pinky/orange all of a sudden and more snow. Typically just as the breakdown truck arrived to look at the dead car, so my partner is now out there getting covered!

Posted

Sunshine and snow showers is perfectly acceptable.......the thing is I want Obscene prolonged showers. I dont think we will get anything near obscene in the next couple of days :wallbash:

Posted

Those shower trains look fantastic on radar...Hope they do not decay as everyone would benefit

in SE I suspect..........Looking good for radar and lampost watching after dark tonight!

they do look good. if they power in at the same strength after dark london should cop it at long last.

Posted

If the next shower is heading towards Maidstone - will we get any of it in Rochester? I'm sorry for asking stooopid questions but I may as well look at tea leaves than the weather radars - make no sense to me whatsoever !

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

If the next shower is heading towards Maidstone - will we get any of it in Rochester? I'm sorry for asking stooopid questions but I may as well look at tea leaves than the weather radars - make no sense to me whatsoever !

You will get the edge of it , but it will hit you :wallbash:

Posted

Lol

Yes of course, it will travel across the Country during Sunday!

Neil, Mr Fish would be right, soryy a bit of IMBY'ism there, it is spreading out on its eastern edge and will include Eastern kent as well, and most of C/W/E Kent this evening

Paul S

thanks i was wondering if it would just skirt past me here but that looks/sounds promising

Posted

Unless it compltely fizzles out, there is no way you will miss this shower.

Guess it will be with you at about 16:00ish

Edited by maidstone weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

Away from the area, Hull looks like Heaven on the radar at the moment! :wallbash:

Direction of showers coming in off the North Sea look more from the North then ever at the moment, despite my earlier thoughts and what is forecast :wallbash:

Edited by Timmytour

Posted

You have to laugh. The shower has made a last min change of course in the Estuary mouth and just clipped us.

Posted

they do look good. if they power in at the same strength after dark london should cop it at long last.

yeah, we need the showers to start a little more northerly for them to hit London. as like last night, it looked good for some snow but then the line of PPN ran below the M25 into mid kent :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but dull cloud

estimating arrival here around 16:25

VEry precise!! i hope a little of that makes its may over our way ? probs wont get that far but hey i Hope it does! XD

Posted

Hammer: I cant belive what we have had and what we are getting..22cm on the ground now...infact we have more snow than there is sand on the beach..and looking at the radar, very heavy ones to come in the next hour..SNOW ON !!!

Posted

How come Gravesend has missed everything this week? we have 3cm on the ground.

I'm pleased for everyone else but i seem to miss the snow every cold spell. nonono.gif

we have about the same as that here seems they just clipped us so far all luck of the draw i'm sure you will et it soon although you can't get too much! my best mate lives in gravesend and she's due any day first baby, she will need clear roads lol :lol:

Posted

Unless it compltely fizzles out, there is no way you will miss this shower.

Guess it will be with you at about 16:00ish

Thanks to you too Maidstone Weather - glad I decided to work from home today as getting home from Maidstone on Wed evening was a total nightmare!

Hope we all get the snow we are hoping for :-)