Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Coast

Posted

Snowing heavy here now..and all you south its heading your way....big flakes as well

Where are you?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

I just think it's crazy that they think everyone wants it to end. My impression is that 70 per cent of people in London love snow, and wish we had more of it. Of course, there's a few moaning minnies – like the woman who just served me in the supermarket. I just said to her: "Well if you want it to be milder, it will then be wet. You can't win in Winter." She grudingly accepted that argument by muttering "The weather in this country..."

God, move to Dubai love if you don't like it. :D

Basically, the media acts as if people couldn't care less about the weather except when it inconveniences them, and focuses only on the negatives. However, those people are in a minority, just as weather/snow/thunder fanatics are. Most of the people I know are in between, they have a passing interest in the weather, and a love-hate relationship with both snow and thunderstorms. Opinion on whether the cold spell should go on or end is still strongly divided even after three weeks of it.

Indeed, among my old school friends (most of whom are aged between 22 and 26 now) the most common question I get off them is "will it snow".

Regarding Sunday's event I have a concern over those blues that penetrate into Norfolk- perhaps a marginal sleety mush for Norwich? Being inland should help, but it does look marginal here. Tomorrow should be another bright snowy day though.

Posted

Heads up Clacton, Burnham, Shoebury, Southend region etc.

Nice clump of showers heading directly for us in next 45 mins or so.

Should hit the Medway towns after that, as long as it keeps it track. Gaining intensity too :D

Cool - shame I'm in Colchester at the mo, but I can see the activity just to the east!

Posted

im assuming by the bbc forcasts and posts on here that we in norfolk are going to miss out on this weekend's possible snow event??

exactly the same as last week, beeb and everyone ramp it up for our area and in the last 24-36 hours the forcast completely changes dry.gif

hope everyone down south enjoys the weekends snow.

Yes I agree, we will miss out on Sunday. We have been unlucky to miss the snow events so not confident for anything in Norfolk over the weekend. Enjoy SE :D

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

He also said there wouldn't be a hurricane! :D

Lol, plenty of time yet. The showers are just getting going. We will all see some decent conv action through this afternoon/evening i'm sure.

lmao , yeh true

Lol

Yes of course, it will travel across the Country during Sunday!

Neil, Mr Fish would be right, soryy a bit of IMBY'ism there, it is spreading out on its eastern edge and will include Eastern kent as well, and most of C/W/E Kent this evening

Paul S

No problem Paul , i personally hope we all get a good dumping

Posted

Snowing lovely here atm ,

Whats the chance of me getting over marshes to Frinton at 6 ?? lol

Posted

Lol

Yes of course, it will travel across the Country during Sunday!

Neil, Mr Fish would be right, soryy a bit of IMBY'ism there, it is spreading out on its eastern edge and will include Eastern kent as well, and most of C/W/E Kent this evening

Paul S

Not another one of those night's in store again Paul!

Let's see if we can beat last night's unreal localised showers! Although we caught you up in the end!

I'll stand at one end of Blenheim/Prittlewell Chase and you stand at the other around Old Vienna. :D

Edited by LeighShrimper

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Regarding Sunday I'm sure Norfolk will get heavily hit by the precipitation, at least as much so as anywhere else. The main issue is that it could be sleety rather than snowy.

Posted

Let's see if we can beat last night's unreal localised showers! Although we caught you up in the end!

I'll stand at one end of Blenheim/Prittlewell Chase and you stand at the other around Old Vienna. :D

Unfortunately I wont be around to witness this one as I am working in C London until 6pm and wont get back until 745pm when the last dregs are probably finishing :D

Need you guys to keep me Updated so I can Imagine my Snow Cover getting topped up :D

Posted

Hi all, very heavy snow now falling here in Beccles in north east suffolk. This is the third heavy shower here since 13.30 . Wasnt expecting this this afternoon . Hopefully theres more to come. Off sledging now. Regards John

Looking at the radar- convective shower trains beginning to develop now at long last-

This from 6pm tonight & especially into tomorrow is where the fun & games begin-

loving the 06z NAE for here tom eve- thats a 10-15 cm run- however awaiting the run....

looking good...--- any temps out there for bexley- are we back below freezing yet???

Steve

Posted

Looking at the radar- convective shower trains beginning to develop now at long last-

This from 6pm tonight & especially into tomorrow is where the fun & games begin-

loving the 06z NAE for here tom eve- thats a 10-15 cm run- however awaiting the run....

looking good...--- any temps out there for bexley- are we back below freezing yet???

Steve

+0.8C here and everything's a'dripping :D

Posted

I'll stand at one end of Blenheim/Prittlewell Chase and you stand at the other around Old Vienna. whistling.gif

Haha I'll be further down towards Hamlet Court Road and won't believe a word you're saying again :D I won't be back till 8 or so either though.

Posted

Steve

Temp on my weather station is 0.0 degrees C.

Posted

Regarding Sunday I'm sure Norfolk will get heavily hit by the precipitation, at least as much so as anywhere else. The main issue is that it could be sleety rather than snowy.

Hi. I thought we would miss out. Could you explain to this novice why it could be sleety and not snowy, thank you in advance. :yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

any temps out there for bexley- are we back below freezing yet???

Steve

0.1c Steve :yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but dull cloud

i dont know if SW london could get any more snow, it seems very marginal over the next few days. Got 2 inches laying here atm, and Much more out of town.

Posted

Sun's out here watery but nice temps up to 1deg now thaw going on at the mo but when this freezes tonight it will be bad. Looks like there is a snow shower heading directly towards me.

Edited by Snow Queen one