Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

North East England Cold Spell Dicussion

reef

Posted

Im wetting myself, been snowing here for the past 5 hours! Its unreal! All A roads are covered in compact snow! Dont no where the gritters are but main roads are terrible! Just thick ice! Heavy snow still and heaviest to come.... first from the end of this band coming through looks quite heavy then as showers continue through the night.... wind still oppsoing the motion of shower movement! Quite suprisingly!

Here to the snow everyone enjoy it! :whistling: BTW I am now happy with this cold spell :air_kiss: lol, especially after tonights falls!

SNOW-MAN2006

Posted

am I right in thinking the north sea will be alot colder come febuary, plus febuary is normally a cold month anyway, we could see something even more special come then, along way off I know but like you said we are just heading into winter now?

your right because water is less dense than land and takes a lot longer to cool down in the long run ,so the north sea temps are normally colder in feb/mar than dec/jan, that is in normal winters, but this winter ain,t normal

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

We are in the wind transition point, thats why the mositure is collecting (trough) and must fall.

I still have not had any real heavy snow from this. There is about 3cm down now, but its taken ages to build (not that i am complaining). I just like to see very heavy snow falling.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

Im wetting myself, been snowing here for the past 5 hours! Its unreal! All A roads are covered in compact snow! Dont no where the gritters are but main roads are terrible! Just thick ice! Heavy snow still and heaviest to come.... first from the end of this band coming through looks quite heavy then as showers continue through the night.... wind still oppsoing the motion of shower movement! Quite suprisingly!

Here to the snow everyone enjoy it! :whistling: BTW I am now happy with this cold spell :D lol, especially after tonights falls!

SNOW-MAN2006

Pleased to hear you're enjoying it!

Those showers following on behind are really intensifying and there's more appearing all the time. After this dumping is over there could be plenty more to come for the rest of the night into tomorrow.

This really is brilliant! :D

Posted

your right because water is less dense than land and takes a lot longer to cool down in the long run ,so the north sea temps are normally colder in feb/mar than dec/jan, that is in normal winters, but this winter ain,t normal

I'm no expert but I have a gut feeling some type of snow event on a massive scale may kick off come febuary, this is the best start to a winter I have ever seen. Anyway even if we dont see another drop of snow this winter i'll be glad I witnessed the events of the past couple of days roll on feb/march :whistling:

Posted

We are in the wind transition point, thats why the mositure is collecting (trough) and must fall.

I still have not had any real heavy snow from this. There is about 3cm down now, but its taken ages to build (not that i am complaining). I just like to see very heavy snow falling.

i,m the same in byker just moderate,small flakes most of the time, but longetivity sometimes countsrolleyes.gif

Posted

Pleased to hear you're enjoying it!

Those showers following on behind are really intensifying and there's more appearing all the time. After this dumping is over there could be plenty more to come for the rest of the night into tomorrow.

This really is brilliant! :D

Hi MCT, I'm going to sound greedy here but anymore spells due tonight for Teesside tonight? :whistling:

Posted

I'm no expert but I have a gut feeling some type of snow event on a massive scale may kick off come febuary, this is the best start to a winter I have ever seen. Anyway even if we dont see another drop of snow this winter i'll be glad I witnessed the events of the past couple of days roll on feb/march drinks.gif

enjoy this cold spell while u can coz our weather is so unpredictable, thats why it makes it so interesting to followrolleyes.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

I have to come clean and admit that I didn't predict this for your area- this slow moving area of organised snowfall is very unexpected!

I'll be getting my parents to take photos from Cleadon as I'm sure that by tomorrow they will have far more than the 12cm that they had while I was there.

Still, while Norwich only has 10cm and counting (it says a lot about this winter when I can say I "only" have 10cm!), it's a lot easier to make the most of it down here, with students regularly popping outside to throw snowballs, sledge down the hillsides, build snowmen, and a few have even tried to ski down the slopes.

Posted

I've just been outside to help a bloke dig his car out and get it moving, the snow is just like fluffy candyfloss, you'll never make snowballs out of it.

Posted

Starting to get to the heavy intensity here now after about 20-30 mins of reletively moderate intensity.

I'm not really focusing on those showers yet, i wish this band would just stay with us forever. :shok:

It is slowly clearing but another 30-60 mins of snowfall to come i would of thought.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

TWS

How much longer do you thinnk this will last for the Newcastle area. It just seems to be backing up and i would now class this as heavy snow. this is turning into a classic

Edited by Freezing-Point

Posted

I have to come clean and admit that I didn't predict this for your area- this slow moving area of organised snowfall is very unexpected!

I'll be getting my parents to take photos from Cleadon as I'm sure that by tomorrow they will have far more than the 12cm that they had while I was there.

Still, while Norwich only has 10cm and counting (it says a lot about this winter when I can say I "only" have 10cm!), it's a lot easier to make the most of it down here, with students regularly popping outside to throw snowballs, sledge down the hillsides, build snowmen, and a few have even tried to ski down the slopes.

This is a freak event. Students venturing outside :shok:

Posted

Starting to get to the heavy intensity here now after about 20-30 mins of reletively moderate intensity.

I'm not really focusing on those showers yet, i wish this band would just stay with us forever. :lol:

It is slowly clearing but another 30-60 mins of snowfall to come i would of thought.

nice to see ya cheering up GS :shok:

Posted

could you wap some on tomorrow if i call in.

If they are for the Vectra they will probably be 195/65/15's I have a few part worn snow tyres in that size, they are not brilliant but will be a lot better than what is on.

Posted

I've got to say i,ve been around a while in the toon (43 years shhhhh!) but this is one of the best cold spells I can remember, definitely been better ones, but i,m talking 20 years ago nowrolleyes.gif

Posted

EMERGENCY WARNING

geordie lasses have been seen wearing coats in the Bigg Market.

thats fleckin bad that :drinks:

If they are for the Vectra they will probably be 195/65/15's I have a few part worn snow tyres in that size, they are not brilliant but will be a lot better than what is on.

you at work in the morn?.as stopping down the town all day.