Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

3 Counties & Ea Cold Spell Discussion Part 3

Posted

Got 10" of lying snow here at little clacton..and I can see a 2 foot drift...been snowing now for 8 hours with 2 thunder snows in the night..snow on and on !!

Posted

Looks like Norfolk is missing out again :wallbash: Cloudy here but thats it

If you look at the radar, there is a big band of persistant snow over Belguim, The Netherlands and parts of France and Germany which is heading right towards us

Posted

Looks like Norfolk is missing out again :wallbash: Cloudy here but thats it

Will we get any in Norfolk?

Go to www.bbc.co.uk/weather and watch the British Isles forecast, shows practically a white out over a huge part of the UK!

Posted

If you look at the radar, there is a big band of persistant snow over Belguim, The Netherlands and parts of France and Germany which is heading right towards us

What time do you think that will start to hit the region mate?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

I can't believe that we will see all this snow just from the small band currently affecting us, and that we then have the massive area of snow heading straight for EA - gonna be some MASSIVE totals tomorrow morning in the East!

Posted

Cool, You should get the first shower just before we do here and then well know it has got this far!!

Did you get much Tuesday night and Wed PM.

We have had nothing more since then here.

got about 5cm at the most this way ,nothing special

Posted

What time do you think that will start to hit the region mate?

Not until at least 10pm, probably not reaching me and you until 11pm and covering Norfolk maybe around midnight

Posted

I can't believe that we will see all this snow just from the small band currently affecting us, and that we then have the massive area of snow heading straight for EA - gonna be some MASSIVE totals tomorrow morning in the East!

Im just happy to have a covering atm. But expecting snow tomorrow for sure!

Posted

The weather forecast updated at 15:26 on the BBC site shows no snow at all over this region until Monday. I thought we were getting some tonight? All very confusing

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

im in ipswich and its snowing hard the EAST SIDE of the town

Ok. Pics please?

Posted

The weather forecast updated at 15:26 on the BBC site shows no snow at all over this region until Monday. I thought we were getting some tonight? All very confusing

Don't trust BBC weather graphics - there will be snow! Snowed in Ipswich all day loonng...

Posted

Thanks! How large a band is it?

Much bigger than the one over the SE at the moment. Stretches from Dunkerque in France to Oldenburg in Germany. Via road that is 367miles long. I would guess about 350 miles wide, weaker on its edge

Posted

got about 5cm at the most this way ,nothing special

It is a little pants around here, MK/LBuzzard area, I went to Northampton earlier, its is like a different part of the world, less than and inch, where it has not melted or blown away. I feel sorry for those guys left wanting in N'pton. I grew up in that part of the world and the 80's and 90's alwat gave us enough snow for sledgeing in Abbby Park, Anyone remember??

Posted

Ok. Pics please?

I have posted some pics of the snow in west Ipswich, my sister in east Ipswich has 9 or so inches now.

Posted

Not until at least 10pm, probably not reaching me and you until 11pm and covering Norfolk maybe around midnight

Thank you for the update. Just watched N24 weather showing nothing for tonight. Mind you they seem to get it wrong :yahoo:

Posted

Just watched the BBC online forecast, good lord - have you seen what's coming Monday??

Quite a tricky day in places...

That made me laugh :yahoo:

Posted

Much bigger than the one over the SE at the moment. Stretches from Dunkerque in France to Oldenburg in Germany. Via road that is 367miles long. I would guess about 350 miles wide, weaker on its edge

Thanks very much mate! Imagine if it peps up a bit more over the channel/north sea!

Posted

It is a little pants around here, MK/LBuzzard area, I went to Northampton earlier, its is like a different part of the world, less than and inch, where it has not melted or blown away. I feel sorry for those guys left wanting in N'pton. I grew up in that part of the world and the 80's and 90's alwat gave us enough snow for sledgeing in Abbby Park, Anyone remember??

Yeah it's not fair but snow never is. I guess that's what makes it exciting.

As usual there is snow to the north of us and snow to the south...

Posted

Thanks very much mate! Imagine if it peps up a bit more over the channel/north sea!

This is the predicition mate, so all looks good. Hence the forecasts upto 20cm to fall in Kent/Sussex/Essex from the system, still upto 12cm for other areas. All in excess of what we see this afternoon!

Posted

Although at the moment it may be moving in a more northerly direction than we may want. Time will tell. If of more of a Easterly flow takes place it should be much safer for our region in particular...

Posted

Although at the moment it may be moving in a more northerly direction than we may want. Time will tell. If of more of a Easterly flow takes place it should be much safer for our region in particular...

Well people down in the SE thread are reporting the wind is starting to change to a Easterly!