Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

3 Counties & Ea Cold Spell Discussion Part 3

Posted

Yeah, was the BBC forecast. They have got it wrong so many times this week, and keep changing them today, but it got me thinking that perhaps East Herts won't see anything/much. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.<_<

Trust me the models are showing snow for most if not all of our region tonight/ tomorrow and the radar is backing this up with the latest returns showing the snow over the continent turing towards the region.

Posted

i think our best chances of seeing something is from the showers going on now more than from the "big event" that was being built up around sunday a couple of days ago

Problem is that they seem to be dying out and moving south eastwards, according to the last met rainfall radar.<_<

Posted

i think our best chances of seeing something is from the showers going on now more than from the "big event" that was being built up around sunday a couple of days ago

Oh dear.......<_< Listen to the posters on here! :lol:

Posted

looking at the radar i dont think its going to come much further west now

Posted

Trust me the models are showing snow for most if not all of our region tonight/ tomorrow and the radar is backing this up with the latest returns showing the snow over the continent turing towards the region.

I hope so. I would be surprised if we don't get a snow shower at some point during tonight/tomorrow. I just hope the snow doesn't fizzle out before it reaches us!<_<

Posted

If this misses Peterborough I may have to seriously consider relocating to Scotland!! haha What do the more knowledgeable amongst us think? Will it hit us or shall I get my hubby in his kilt? lol

Posted

I hope so. I would be surprised if we don't get a snow shower at some point during tonight/tomorrow. I just hope the snow doesn't fizzle out before it reaches us!<_<

possibly no snow showers but there is a large band of snow heading towards the region, it will acctually pep-up over the North sea/ Channel.

Edited by saint

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

Problem is that they seem to be dying out and moving south eastwards, according to the last met rainfall radar.<_<

i agree...hopefully this will change if the winds get more easterly... but I think there's been a stronger northerly component to this spell of weather than some realised and that's why they were forecasting a couple of days that the main band of snow would get further north than they now say

Posted

It is snowing here very lightly at the moment, but isn't heavy enough to top up what we already have. Hope this changes tonight.<_<

Posted

Oh dear.......laugh.gif Listen to the posters on here! laugh.gif

they cant bee looking at the radars here alone this afternoon we had they near 2 inches all the radars are pointing to us in the east to get a appox 20 mm or more to-night they should go to the BBC weather and see what hes saying!!!

Posted

possibly no snow showers but there is a large band of snow heading towards the region, it will acctually pep-up over the North sea/ Channel.

Yeah, I think anything is still possible. Snow events like these often just evolve and surprise everyone, with some areas that weren't expecting much getting a pasting!

Posted

they cant bee looking at the radars here alone this afternoon we had they near 2 inches all the radars are pointing to us in the east to get a appox 20 mm or more to-night they should go to the BBC weather and see what hes saying!!!

I agree, but next time put some commas in your sentance.

Posted

OMG :yahoo: Get your prozac ready but I dont think you will have to unscrew the cap lol

Posted

Yeah, but my main concern was (and is) that this will mainly affect East Anglia and areas South of London, with areas just above London getting next to nothing. I never had any doubt that Kent and East Anglia will get a pasting.

Posted

Yeah, but my main concern was (and is) that this will mainly affect East Anglia and areas South of London, with areas just above London getting next to nothing. I never had any doubt that Kent and East Anglia will get a pasting.

Matt I would suggest you look back over the thread from a couple of hours ago every 1 predicting a hit here but you are entitled to your own thoughts, if you are right in your judgement I will congratulte you in your excellent forecast. lol:hi:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

To be honest I was surprised to see the band of snow get as far north as it did this morning. Norfolk was always supposed to have to wait until early tomorrow morning before it saw anything.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

Matt, seems like we share the same concerns. Not only that it seems you have to be prepared to take some stick if you express what you believe to be a realistic view :)

Mind you, I hope we're both helping ourselves to large helpings of humble pie at the end of the weekend! :)

Posted

Im from MK too, add me to the list, are we keeping a tally then? or planning to build the biggest snowman on tuesday ontop of cambell park, see if it makes the news crazy.gif

Up to 4 of us so far.

A giant snow man ehh, the snow is a little powdery at the moment, hope we get some fresh stuff over the next 48hrs.

Nice to hear from you

Posted

Matt, seems like we share the same concerns. Not only that it seems you have to be prepared to take some stick if you express what you believe to be a realistic view :)

Mind you, I hope we're both helping ourselves to large helpings of humble pie at the end of the weekend! :D

I think you will be!:)

So tbh if it snows just abit from that tonight you will both be eating humble pie!:p:)

Posted

Just been checking the radat and it seems MK is going to miss most of the snow tonight it will mainly pass to the south of you (over Stevenage) drinks.gif

PS Have you finished that wardrobe yet?

Ahh, Weather Man Bland, you grace this thread at last. What was the matter, dis you get stuck in the past and still posting on the South East string??

Yep, I think your right, it will be 2-0 to Stevenage by the AM, an prob more by Monday morning.

Have you got any thoughts about the charts for monday, looks like it could be v.intresting.

Oh, I've been out all day and not had any SOS's so maybey the boys done good and finished it all on his own, and a little help form his good lady. Or he is waiting for some good old dad help tomorrow!!

Posted

The BBC is going with the models for tomorrow. Widespread snowfall across the South of England on Sunday and Monday

Posted

The BBC is going with the models for tomorrow. Widespread snowfall across the South of England on Sunday and Monday

So they have changed now since their other forecasts for no snow tonight?