Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & Se Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

It's that Croydon micro-climate again...

i always found croydon quite barren snow-wise; really does warm up towards the centre. they do have a fantastic wind tunnel caused by the 'scapers though, so excellent for large drifts in blizzard conditions...

Posted

Agree with Halling weather, a dry cold week in store but the depth of snow mean it mwill hang for some time for some...but gradual thaw likely.

Towmorrow will see some showers for the majority, of type...not so sure.

Interesting what BFTP has been saying on the model forums about potential heavy snow this comi9ng week (i.e. 14th onwards) shall see regarding this?!?! but being my location not sure if I am south, south east or central! Probably all 3 depending who you talk to

Posted

not expecting much tonight, maybe the odd flurry. tomorrow could very well be better.

temperature maintaining at about -0.4

radar is now showing ppn West towards London

Posted

Im sorry but you must have a rain cloud directly over Croydon which never ends...You

get snow continuous whe n most of the SE is dry....

Please show me your radar as Im shocked that Croydon is getting this snow.

Pull up rain today and put in the first 4 digits of a post code from Croydon. Can't vouch for there but here further west we've had a few hours of light snow tonight. Basically frozen drizzle though, nothing at all of significance. yet.....whistling.gif

Posted

Crampons and mountaineering boots are primed and ready for deployment!

AS

I slipped over twice the other day walking back from work...

Im sorry but you must have a rain cloud directly over Croydon which never ends...You

get snow continuous whe n most of the SE is dry....

Please show me your radar as Im shocked that Croydon is getting this snow.

We've had light snow from 3pm until around 10.30pm today but most of the time that wasn't on the radar either!

By the way, I have noticed that much of the south east is now above freezing for the first time in a while - I wonder if this will effect any precipitation that's due to come in...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Likes hot weather. Don't like the cold.

a few little flurries in the wind here too

My daughter just phoned from Swanley and it's snowing there.Looked outside and its snowing in Sidcup as well.There's nothing on the radar so where is it coming from?

Really weird.

Posted

Hasn't stopped lightly snowing here all night there is a drip drip out there but i think today i have had too much snow to worry about a little melt. At least it is not freezing because that would make driving in it much worst.

Off to bed now night all let's see what tommorrow brings.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

radar is now showing ppn West towards London

Starting to snow in South Woodford, light wisps, getting interesting! ohmy.gif

Posted

Same here. Has been for hours. Not doing anything for accumulation though.

Lol

If it snowed like this for 50 years we might get an Inch out of it!

How much you got down your end, have left the back garden untouched so me and the kids can make a Snowman tomorrow, only the Cat & Fox Prints across it at the mo. Measured about 10cm since Tuesday.

Paul S

Posted

I'm surprised with the light snow too. Nothing on the radar showing this light snow at the moment.

Correct me, and I apologise if Im wrong, but didnt you say in an earlier post there were blizzards in Croydon, and the gritters were out in force ?

Posted

There seems to be a developing streamer in the channel. Something of interest for southern areas tonight?

not sure if you can benefit from any significant 'streamer' on the south coast. geography simply doesn't allow for it? :)

Posted

Well, it was a real bummer in Gravesend tonight - stood at my back door earlier feeling the snow on me, and then it petered out... Oh well... maybe tomorrow as xcweather is suggesting Gravesend will get some in the early hours.

Just have to get my kids back from Canterbury somehow now... :)

Posted

:)

Is it coming from the Germans? Russia? Mars?

Nope it's coming from the Channel just on our doorstep(?)

Talk about stealth, what the heck?

Well I assume it's coming from there, looks like it's starting to fire. . . or else where the hell is it coming from, got to be thinking it's going to happen with all the agencies still going for this.

I think that too but I haven't a clue reallly :)

Temp

Burgess Hill 0.2 and Dew -1.7

Edited by jojobut

Posted

Having said what I said and now peeps talking about something pepping up in the Channel and possibly heading NW. We are now going to see why I drive trains and don't work for the MetO :)

It's been light snow here last 2 hours, it's so light the clouds are probably weak and therefore not showing on Radar as they are not reflecting the "pings". It's not accumulating here either and just looks more drastic than it is in street lights as it's being "jollied" along by the wind and picking up off the ground roofs fields etc as well as the air.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

ermmm steve that milder air is in EA aswell

2C! :)

Posted

not sure if you can benefit from any significant 'streamer' on the south coast. geography simply doesn't allow for it? :)

I wasn't talking about me personally. Unlike most IMBY's in here, I am interested in where the expected snowfall the BBC and SKY is coming from not whinging about lack of snow. The only place I can see this developing is in the channel. Hence my comment about the streamer effecting Southern areas.

Still snowing lighty here, very powdery flakes fluttering in the breeze.

Posted

Snowing lightly here in Greenwich and yet nowt on radar, so hey who knows whats happening. If I remember rightly radars always had a problem with snow unless heavy. Something to do with the light density and light refrection.

Posted

This must be a french military weapon. Le stealth snow? Its been sitting there doing nothing in the channel. Now its creeping undetected towards us maybe. More concerned about the temps being too high now anyway.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

We've had very heavy snow when it wasn't meant to , we've been forecasted drifting snow and bad conditions all night we didn't get it...

Awful forecasting by the met and sky ! , it caused panic buying aswell :whistling:

Posted

Correct me, and I apologise if Im wrong, but didnt you say in an earlier post there were blizzards in Croydon, and the gritters were out in force ?

Im sure they are getting flakes in the wind and light ppn like we all are but nothing showing

for any of us right now for London on radar.

Posted

Yes, there were blizzards here in the afternoon and the gritters were out in force. There is a full shift pattern in place and I will say again, Croydon Borough has received a severe weather warning from the MetO for more snow on Sunday, Monday

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

Flakes in the wind here. It's trying. Would if it could etc

Yep, really is struggling. Dandruff in the wind!wacko.gif

Posted

I dont get it though, surely the warnings would run along the South Coast, if you run the radar annimation it is still taining in a thin band from NE/SW, There is areas of Snow popping up about 40 miles offshore from Brighton and around the Poole area but how is this going to affect us, If anything the Streamer east of Hythe, Deal etc may intensify and affect the very far SE of Kent AGAIN! Lol :whistling: Love you Kenties really!

Paul S