Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & Se Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

maybe it was a teaser lol seems to of gone now! ~(on my radar anyway! )

Posted

Convection is definitely kicking off in the mouth of the Estuary!

Yep. Moderate snow just started...

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Yep. Moderate snow just started...

There's no moderate precipitation on the radar , most likely it's light snow blown down by the wind :good:

Posted

This is like a drizzle pushing in, so the snows going to be lightish; we need the snow drizzle(?) in place then it may start to get heavier, or at least add a bit to what's lying through persistence in the wind.drinks.gifcold.gif

Posted

But the showers appear to be moving East just off Southend. Confused..

Lol

Will let you know in a Mo, As I am West of Southend so should be snowing here any second, will pop out for a ciggie and see if that Orange Glow is too my East!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

The ppn is definitely moving in a more Westerly (from the ENE) direction in the last 2 radar runs it seems, so the Thames may come into play soon.

Have got a few flakes in the air here as well for the first time in a few hours, so the warm front could be starting to cause some instability.

By the way, Weatherview on BBC1 now.

Posted

We have been hit here severly today and it carries on at the moment, with drifting snow and presumely more to come.

It does seem that others have missed out, others that would normally be considered as 'favourable areas' in this type of set up as compared to us ( which is Peacehaven, several miles east of Brighton and right on the coast ).

Thats what makes weather watching/forcasting such an interesting and difficult pastime.

So although I acknowledge the disappointment of some, there are many that are having nearly historic snowfall at present, us included.

It has been bitterly and unrelenting cold with days of snow upon snow.

It seems we got lucky this time ;-)

Posted

There's no moderate precipitation on the radar , most likely it's light snow blown down by the wind :good:

There is in the mouth of the Estuary. Convection ongoing and it's moving just South of East West. Paul, are the winds still showing NNE? Could it be convergence, or am I talking out of my 'Arris?

Edited by Jason H

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Well i'm going to bed , good luck all hope someone gets alot ! :good:

Posted

Winds coming nne, looking at the sat the cloud is streaming up from the se. I say a thames streamer!

Getting bigger flakes here.............drinks.gif

Will prob be a drizzle stream though.

Edited by mesocyclone

Posted

:good:

How many more computer screens will I have smashed before we get rid of this damn NNE up the estuary :good:

Shock Horror..................Wait for It

Wind has swung from NNE To.......................NE :good:

It's getting there, and that would fit with Leigh Shrimper getting snow and me not as I am about 5 Miles NW Of him in North Leigh!

Posted

wallbash.gif

How many more computer screens will I have smashed before we get rid of this damn NNE up the estuary wallbash.gif

Some comments really make me laugh. Not in a bad way.....Just so funny because it's so very true clap.gif

Posted

im standing outside having a fag and posting on my mobile. Was decent snow for 2 mins, now light and sleety. Doh

Posted

Winds coming nne, looking at the sat the cloud is streaming up from the se. I say a thames streamer!

Getting bigger flakes here.............drinks.gif

Thames streamer? Mmmmm but isn't that good for me? Nothing here. Also I thought winds had to be Easterly?

Posted

Anybody else want this cold air shifted now? It's like getting a shiny gift wrapped present and opening it to find a shoe box full of tissue. Every day for a week.

This month has been fascinating from a learning perspective, but I've had a sound lesson in the unpredictability of snowfall now.By the looks of it we've got at least another week of steadily increasing slush to look forward to - I want my golf and football back! :good:

Edited by Mullet

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

Well Rob McElwe on Weatherview seems to have restricted the snow overnight to Kent, Sussex, Essex and parts of Surrey, while the showers start to move inland to the rest of us (London, East Anglia and the home counties) from dawn onwards.

Yet another delay, and less talk of heavy accumulation, so we need to hope that tomorrow brings up some decent convection.

Posted

Thames streamer? Mmmmm but isn't that good for me? Nothing here. Also I thought winds had to be Easterly?

I'm pretty sure its forecast to go that way, when im not 100% sure though. I got hit bang on by the Feb09 one, i think that was ENE.

Posted

Well Rob McElwe on Weatherview seems to have restricted the snow overnight to Kent, Sussex, Essex and parts of Surrey, while the showers start to move inland to the rest of us (London, East Anglia and the home counties) from dawn onwards.

Yet another delay, and less talk of heavy accumulation, so we need to hope that tomorrow brings up some decent convection.

Backtrack, backtrack. Yawn.