Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & Se Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

just checked meto forecast for london and says no so what so ever...... So, that must mean we are in for at least a foot of snow...lol

lol might just stay up now! :):)

Posted

just checked meto forecast for london and says no so what so ever...... So, that must mean we are in for at least a foot of snow...lol

So we miss the stuff to the south and east of us and tomorrow it's all north west of us... nonono.gif Unbelievable.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

While you are looking at the radar runs Im looking outside my front door and its been snowing for the last 30 minutes here in this part of NW London. Light snow I grant you, and therefore probably not showing up on radar, but its definately snowing.

I'm looking at radar yes and, using the scary (traditional) view on NW radar, it does show the lightest of light ppn still over you (just unfortunately to say), which it was over me for ages, but that failed to give a covering with the high temps and stopped about 40 mins ago.

But looking at the radar now, the only hope we have north of the Thames (in my view) is if the ppn over The Netherlands manages to skirt it's way towards us.

(by the way, have a spotlight pointing out of the window, a handy way of seeing anything if you dont have the luxury of a lamp-post)

Posted

thaw fully under way now- 1c here & melting-- London green again by the end of the day........

People still watching the radar???>.....

S

Green? By the end of the day? Hmm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

Lol where did that come from on the radar lol! 3 hours ago nothing just checked now and wow!!!

Please reveal all can't get the radar on my phone. I'm determined to get at least 1cm tonight lol

Posted

Lol where did that come from on the radar lol! 3 hours ago nothing just checked now and wow!!!

yes heading to the SW Woking to Portsmouth and carrying on West

Edited by jojobut

Posted

big blob in north sea, where do you think that will go ?

I'm hoping it will head for kent like most other showers have but it looks like it will just carry on into E. Anglia :/

Posted

big blob in north sea, where do you think that will go ?

I think thats the stuff heading for the NE tomorrow. What we are meant to be getting is a build up of ppn from the near continent, which isn't visible yet (if at all), but the GFS and forecasts were for the ppn to spread in after 7am (ish), so could all still kick-off.

Posted

Hmm I know it's all misery on here, so sorry to spoil the party, but despite the radar only showing light snow moving across the se'ern corner, it's definitely moderate here. Quite a lot of snow falling, but it's very fine - wondering whether this is why radar is not picking it up so well.

This is falling on top of our already amazing quantity of snow. Sorry to boast, but we have more than a foot here, and everything is just heaving under the weight. Where it;s drifted, it's knee deep. Photos tomorrow.

Posted

Sorry to boast, but we have more than a foot here, and everything is just heaving under the weight. Where it;s drifted, it's knee deep. Photos tomorrow.

Maybe you should invest in another wellington boot, so you have a pair? :nea:

There is ppn appearing out of nowhere to the West of London, aaaaarrrrrrggggghhhhh!!!!

Edited by Sno' problem

Posted
  • Location: Putney, SW London. A miserable 14m asl....but nevertheless the lucky recipient of c 20cm of snow in 12 hours 1-2 Feb 2009!
  • Location: Putney, SW London. A miserable 14m asl....but nevertheless the lucky recipient of c 20cm of snow in 12 hours 1-2 Feb 2009!

.....It's just that we need some snow in London, endless cold without snow is quite boring when Kent gets blasted with 10cm plus every night!

I'm afraid that for those of us with long memories, that was always the frustrating norm! Even within cold spells it takes unusual circumstances - like last year's 'Thames Streamer', or a low rolling in along the southern edge of the cold flow like Feb '91 - for West London to get a good seeing-to....

Posted

Yes I know it's a long way out, but better than nothing there... Will you get clear sky at all tonight? To drop temp again before it might come in?

You been eating brussel sprouts again? :nea:

lol ok so it didn't show it with the wind then!

Posted

Thanks for pic. Thats a long way out. I suspect its heading for EA/ the wash, but I suspect things are a bit marginal there (might be rain?)

certainly the melting's getting faster here. Still dangerously close to 2 Degrees.

Where are you? Could you put your location in your profile by any chance? :nea:

Edited by Sno' problem

Posted

Maybe you should invest in another wellington boot, so you have a pair? :nea:

There is ppn appearing out of nowhere to the West of London, aaaaarrrrrrggggghhhhh!!!!

aaaaaaarrrrrggghhhh!!!!!!!!!! I'm happy for you! I will also take your advice regarding boot purchases under consideration.

I really going to need that pair too. Perhaps it has gone up a degree or two (I have no thermom to hand right now so don't really know) and perhaps the radar only shows light ppn, but powder is rushing down outside, and the heaps are only getting larger. Please keep up for the rest of the night!

Bed time now for me, so I can enjoy this tomorrow.