Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & Se Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

I dont get it though, surely the warnings would run along the South Coast, if you run the radar annimation it is still taining in a thin band from NE/SW, There is areas of Snow popping up about 40 miles offshore from Brighton and around the Poole area but how is this going to affect us, If anything the Streamer east of Hythe, Deal etc may intensify and affect the very far SE of Kent AGAIN! Lol :whistling: Love you Kenties really!

Paul S

I drove about earlier to catch the snow and it was RAINING!! , i'm not sure how we are going to get all this snow when temps are 2C and increasing as are the dps... Temps are also going up over east anglia with 2C+ being reported. Even here on the hill i hear drip drip drip , the milder uppers have spread across quicker than even Steve M was predicting :nonono:

Posted

How about the old Thames Estuary. There seems to be some brighter echoes in the mouth at Southend?

Edited by Jason H

Posted

I just got backed to Shoebury after driving from NW Kent, and the roads were just wet everywhere with light snow in the air...until I got within a couple of miles of home. Suddenly the snow got heavier and there was also much more laying alongside and on the road.

Then the last road I take from the Angel pub (towards Wakering, for those who know it, and a single carriageway country road for those who don't) was almost closed by snowdrifts. Some were right up to the tops of my wheels with tracks running through the drifts made by previous cars. Had to take it really slowly along the last bit, and almost hit a wall when I turned right and the wheels just carried on straight - even though I was only going 5-10mph. Gave me a real scare but rather than brake I let the car decelerate and thankfully it got traction just in time and I managed to steer it left and missed the wall. Thank god for front-wheel drive!

Everything is dripping but still lots of snow here. A good 4-5 inches I would say. And it is snowing again.

Edit: now stopped again. D'oh

Posted

Isn't it more to do with the dew points being below O then the temps being 1=2 degrees?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Isn't it more to do with the dew points being below O then the temps being 1=2 degrees?

Both , but still tonight with temps going up the dps will aswell... Annoying milder air :wallbash:

Edited by neilsouth

Posted

well if we can so far pull of a decent snow spell like this (which to be honest most people said could probably never happen) whats the chances this summer a supercell developing over london?? :wallbash:

Posted

must be a thaw, yet again the stuff on the passenger side of my car is sliding off. It usually does this everyday, but gets replaced by further snow overnight. Instead, it is falling off as I speak. Grr thaws :wallbash:

Meanwhile snow is getting a little heavier, winds are picking up.:drinks:

Posted

yes JoJobut, temps can be 6oC and still snow as long as the conditions are right. I always remember when young they always said it got warmer before it snowed lol

Posted

yes JoJobut, temps can be 6oC and still snow as long as the conditions are right. I always remember when young they always said it got warmer before it snowed lol

exactly lol

Edited by jojobut

Posted

Convection is definitely kicking off in the mouth of the Estuary!

Wind Still NNE @ 8mph Jason :wallbash::drinks:

Paul S

Posted

yep can confirm big flakes here now.. just out of curiosity, ever thought that the development is actually gonna happen across kent into london itself??, and not coming up from germany north france etc.. just a thought

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

Yes, there were blizzards here in the afternoon and the gritters were out in force. There is a full shift pattern in place and I will say again, Croydon Borough has received a severe weather warning from the MetO for more snow on Sunday, Monday

Yep the snow this afternoon was really heavy

Posted

Wind Still NNE @ 8mph Jason :wallbash::drinks:

Paul S

But the showers appear to be moving East just off Southend. Confused..