Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & Se Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

I agree with statements about stuff brewing Portsmouth to Plymouth, I think they got thier PPN forecast 100/150 miles out!

Also radar showing light stuff just popping out of nowhere N West London and moving and expanding into Oxon.

As I stated earlier, I think Kent & London peeps can shut down the PC's....Panto's over,

If you look at this radar from Holland you can see the area of snow that is heading towards the SE. It looks fairly light, but I think that is part of whats meant to come in tomorrow.

http://www.meteogrou...etherlands.html

EDIT: Actually that might be going to East Anglia.

Edited by danm

Posted

Temp here is about -1C - we haven't had any snow here tonight despite the promises made -

I really am baffled by some of the posts in this forum. Sorry Mike, Im not singling you out in particular, but to say ' promises ' were made is being a tad naive surely ?

Theres a huge difference between forecasts and promises. With the best will in the world no forecaster can ever promise anything. Surely part of the fun is being able to view the widely available data and make your own forecast ?

Im dismayed by the number of posters who pop up here and ask why it isnt doing this or that in their particular postcode. Its weather, its not always that predictable. If it was we would all be bored. Yesterday there was one poster in particular who continually ramped up the 'blizzzards' in his area, only to say 10 minutes later it was no longer snowing, then it was a apparently a 'blizzard' again. Later on he blamed Sky News, the BBC and the Met Offiice for encouraging panic buying in the supermarkets. I think the irony was lost on him.

Please, lets have some perspective here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

3ºc here and beginning to thaw what little snow we have had here fairly rapidly. No sign of any ppn on the horizon either. Grrrrrr!!!

Somehow I don't think the radar on raintoday is right, snow keeps appearing out of nowhere. Loads over me but not snowing/sleeting or anything

I thought it was just me! If you ask me, its been playing up all day. Interesting, sum1 slated meto radar (invent) for the same thing, so mebbe there are certain condx where the radar detection is a bit s h i t t y?

Im findin the radars of little use @ the mo. None of them are showing rain/sleet, and thats def the case hr in Mid Kent right now. Its flippin raining on our 4 inches of snow! I can start to see kerbstones again!

Edited by kissodeath

Posted

I'm so frustrated with this weather. I really want to slate the BBC but I know how hard it is to forecast snow. But what annoys me is the sheer relentlessness of their incorrect forecasts. Still forcasting up to 5cm for London is just plain wrong! I might be proved wrong myself, but I doubt it. It's been a fantastic cold spell for the UK in general but, for London, it's hard not to think what might have been.

Edited by Snowdays

Posted

I thought it was just me! If you ask me, its been playing up all day. Interesting, sum1 slated meto radar (invent) for the same thing, so mebbe there are certain condx where the radar detection is a bit s h i t t y?

Im findin the radars of little use @ the mo. None of them are showing rain/sleet, and thats def the case hr in Mid Kent right now. Its flippin raining on our 4 inches of snow! I can start to see kerbstones again!

Oh no :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

Oh well at least we got to part. 50!!!!! I think that's it now

Edited by snowbob

Posted

Hi just thought I would pop in amazing radar wathing 45 mins ago you guys in London dont give up yet.

Why what's happening no access to radar on my phone

Posted

Apart from 2-4pm today when it was a proper wind and snow (but no, not really a proper full on blizzard), it's been another case of 'close, but no cigar' for us in SE London.

Guess I need to take the exciting ramping posts (cue Steve Murr) and TV forecasts (Mssrs McElwee & Wilson) and stick 'em in my ever burgeoning 'Missed' pile.

Just know I'll wake to mild snizzling in the morning and that may be that for this neck of the woods for now anyway. Will feel a bit of a fraud in years to come when conversations turn to 'Winter '10 snow depths.' 'Yeah, awful, had to dig ourselves out of, ooh must have been all of two and a half inches...' whistling.gif

Oh for the ramping to hold true once in a while...

Posted

Apart from 2-4pm today when it was a proper wind and snow (but no, not really a proper full on blizzard), it's been another case of 'close, but no cigar' for us in SE London.

Guess I need to take the exciting ramping posts (cue Steve Murr) and TV forecasts (Mssrs McElwee & Wilson) and stick 'em in my ever burgeoning 'Missed' pile.

Just know I'll wake to mild snizzling in the morning and that may be that for this neck of the woods for now anyway. Will feel a bit of a fraud in years to come when conversations turn to 'Winter '10 snow depths.' 'Yeah, awful, had to dig ourselves out of, ooh must have been all of two and a half inches...' whistling.gif

Oh for the ramping to hold true once in a while...

I know the feeling

Posted

Hi just thought I would pop in amazing radar wathing 45 mins ago you guys in London dont give up yet.

I havent given up. While others are sitting at their computers moaning Ive been watching moderate snowfall in NW London for the last half hour !!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

Well the light ppn that passed over London seems to be building to the SW of London and beyond, but I don't see anything promising for East/Central London on the latest NW radar runs.

Unless, of course, you see something I dont??

Edited by Sno' problem

Posted

Any chance of a Thames streamer then barnet. I'm hoping that is what you may of been suggesting

Edited by snowbob

Posted

I'm just watching whilst having a cuppa before I better goto bed ! All these late night are taking it's toll now, and for what! lol I better wake up to a snow in so I can have a lay in lol :):)

Posted

I havent given up. While others are sitting at their computers moaning Ive been watching moderate snowfall in NW London for the last half hour !!

Would love to be watching that rather than moaning into my keyboard, but I could count the number of flakes round my lampost over the past few hours... wallbash.gif

Posted

Well the light ppn that passed over London seems to be building to the SW of London and beyond, but I don't see anything promising for East/Central London on the latest NW radar runs.

Unless, of course, you see something I dont??

While you are looking at the radar runs Im looking outside my front door and its been snowing for the last 30 minutes here in this part of NW London. Light snow I grant you, and therefore probably not showing up on radar, but its definately snowing.

Posted

While you are looking at the radar runs Im looking outside my front door and its been snowing for the last 30 minutes here in this part of NW London. Light snow I grant you, and therefore probably not showing up on radar, but its definately snowing.

Same here in Burgess Hill

Posted

Who was it that said the anticipation of coffee and cigars is so much better than the real thing? That's what I feel like with the snow for London this winter. dry.gif