Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Methuselah

Posted

You are right these events are often eventual nowcasts, no certainities until T0. Just a gut feeling I have.

These are the best snow situations for our area in general when we get attacked by moist air from the west and it collides with cold air already established and gives us a severe dumping. But as has been mentioned its definately one to be watched as it could very easily upgrade or downgrade. More runs needed methinksgood.gif .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

If the Nae is right then the precip will still be around at 6am tomorrow and perhaps even heavier. We shall have to wait and see.

Posted

Everythings back to cyrstal white. I wonder if we could hit the 2cm jackpot?biggrin.gif

EDIT: Whoops already got there.

I wonder if we could hit the 3cm jackpot?

I hope so :shok:

Its built up quite quickly

Posted

Snowing at the moment and settling on the old snow that was still on the ground that had thawed slightly. Heavier blob of precip on the radar is incoming so i'll let you know how it goes!

This is a small world, I am on your road tonight before leaving daughter with in-laws in the morning as I head to work. Yes settling which is good to see, not sure we are going to see too much though.

Posted

A bit of a slushy deposit on the car windscreen and a few white specks on the front wall...so slowly but surely it is at least trying to settle. How it'll get on, we shall see.

Posted

If the Nae is right then the precip will still be around at 6am tomorrow and perhaps even heavier. We shall have to wait and see.

Have you got a picture of the NAE?

I want to upgrade my netweather account as im signed up to the radar but don't know how to upgrade from that to the NW Lite, i guess

ill have just wait for the radar subscription to end.

Snowing very lightly here now, for some reason its all very dry powery snow aswell? considering the slight thaw earlier everything has dried out majorly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

This is a small world, I am on your road tonight before leaving daughter with in-laws in the morning as I head to work. Yes settling which is good to see, not sure we are going to see too much though.

Haha you are on my road at the moment ;) I'll give you a clue as to which house I am... No car in the driveway, next to a house for sale :rolleyes: haha.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

I want to upgrade my netweather account as im signed up to the radar but don't know how to upgrade from that to the NW Lite, i guess

Snowing very lightly here now, for some reason its all very dry powery snow aswell? considering the slight thaw earlier everything has dried out majorly.

Its not on Net weather. Its on Weather Online.

Posted

reports

moderate snow for last hour recovered all surfaces approx 5mm fresh snowdrinks.gif

Posted

Yep, starting to settle here now and snow getting heavier. This could be interesting after all. Could be, depends on how quickly the snow band pushes through.

Posted

Try HERE for the NAE models.

Posted

Melting a bit, then settling a bit again. So we're not really getting anywhere. And the snow won't last all night. But at least its snowing!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous

Some decent snowfall now. Repairing the damage that was done by the earlier thaw...not long left though.

Edited by Supercell

Posted

Try HERE for the NAE models.

Ahh thankyou, it shows the heavy stuff over here at 6am which is a good sign though whether it materialises is a different story.

Us Shropshire folks deserve a surprise foot of snow :)

Posted

Melting a bit, then settling a bit again. So we're not really getting anywhere. And the snow won't last all night. But at least its snowing!

Hello Gord, yep that's the current situation here as well , shame really if the ground was nice and dry (or dryer) and the temperature a little lower we'd be in business .... can't have everything in life. :(

Posted

eventually we;ve got a top up of about a cm after a few more moderate bursts of snow..

oh actually we lost aout 5cm in the thaw during the day so bahhhhhhhh

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

Moderate snow another covering.

Posted
  • Location: Leicester City Centre (Home) Ashby-De-La-Zouch (Work)
  • Location: Leicester City Centre (Home) Ashby-De-La-Zouch (Work)

It's been snowing here for an hour or so and it's settling on the cars/road, etc. Hope some more pptn comes along as this band seems to be ending now, if it kept this up throughout the night I'd have another few cm.

Posted

Here in Halesowen it's becoming hard to distinguish the parts on the road that didn't have any snow on them frm the bits that had now. I feel sorry for the people who had snow thawing earlier, almost nothing happened here.

Got more snow than I was expecting this morning! :lol:

Posted

The main road now has snow on, that little bit of grit didnt do anything then. If only this could last a few more hours! Theres about 1cm of fresh snow now on roads and cars.