Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Methuselah

Posted

really heavy snow here, we have just over a cm now and it's falling fast!!!

the road was clear half an hour ago!!

100_0761.jpg

Posted

really heavy snow here, we have just over a cm now and it's falling fast!!!

the road was clear half an hour ago!!

100_0761.jpg

i think we live on the same street.... whistling.gif . looks almost identical

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms

Very heavy snow here at the moment which is adding to the large amount of snow still remaining from Tuesday. Ironically, the Met Office has no warning out whatsoever for Worcestershire!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

This will actually turn out to be a good event for the West Midlands IMO. We are just getting the last bit of the band now in Leicester ans it is snowing in big flakes and settling but the band pepped up loads to the West of us as it passed us so you guys should see a few cm's from this.

Posted

This will actually turn out to be a good event for the West Midlands IMO. We are just getting the last bit of the band now in Leicester ans it is snowing in big flakes and settling but the band pepped up loads to the West of us as it passed us so you guys should see a few cm's from this.

it has pepped up quite abit hasn't it... just as anticipated but won't be enough for anything notable.

Posted

Usual case of being stuck with a few flakes in the wind now whilst the greens yellows and oranges are in all other directions..

Posted

Just thought I'd make a quick report: Very heavy snow for the last 30-45min, everywhere is covered! Absolute sheet of white out there!

Edit: Truly incredible snowfall here, the intensity just increases by the minute!

Hmm... looking at what it says you have on the radar, I should be seeing something like it soon!

But it's at the end and after that it'll be all over. :(

Edited by Hailsowen

Posted

Beeches Road in Birmingham, huge road, VERY busy during the mornings in the working week has not been gritted and is covered in snow, a good 2cm or more on there as I had a look. How longs this going on for? Gobsmacked at the snow and failure to grit this road. Havock tomorrow morning. Caution to all drivers tomorrow, due to the 25% less grit useage alot of main roads will be icey and snowy.

Posted

Just thought I'd make a quick report: Very heavy snow for the last 30-45min, everywhere is covered! Absolute sheet of white out there!

Edit: Truly incredible snowfall here, the intensity just increases by the minute!

yep... all the heavy stuff is passing north of us towards your area although cant complain with the moderate stuff here.... still cool!

Edited by ISAAC

Posted

I know, it's fantastic when things like this happen.

It's getting heavier here now... can I almost see a blizzard? It's certainly tring to drift at the least. The front of some cars have a lot more snow on the side facing the falls!

Posted

What did Telford do to deserve this, it alternates between being plain annoying and that much of a joke thats its laughable.

post-2546-12631709207742_thumb.jpg

As you can see a stream of heavy stuff merely miles north and south of here.

Nothing more than the odd flake atm...

Edited by conor123

Posted

Getting even heavier now, wow, just wow! Better than last weeks snowfall for sure, even though it wont amount to as much, is this ppn just going to go west? Id like it to hang around abit longer or come back this way but thats just greedy! :(

Posted

things looking really great outside only shame is the temperatures are hovering around 0.5c... if this was tuesday we would have had a few inches by now considering the intensity, also not to mention the thaw from before.

Posted

Aw its slowing down quite abit now, I fear thats it unless it magically swings more north and I could get the rest of that to the south haha :)

Glad someone else from this area is reporting it aswell. About 20-25min ago, regardless of what the Radar was showing, the snow came down very heavily. Just a quick observation outside the front of the house and I would say 1-2cm of fresh snow has fallen with tree branches wrapped in white, making it look picturesque. Has almost stopped falling now. Wow, that's the second time I've been lucky this last week for snowfall! :D:):)

Yeah we had some really heavy snowfall at one point for a good while!! The roads are all covered, infact, everythings covered again! :)

Edited by GreatBarr

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

What did Telford do to deserve this, it alternates between being plain annoying and that much of a joke thats its laughable.

post-2546-12631709207742_thumb.jpg

As you can see a stream of heavy stuff merely miles north and south of here.

Nothing more than the odd flake atm...

You think you are unlucky? Type in LE3 into the postcode zoom sunshine and see what unlucky is :)

Posted

Glad someone else from this area is reporting it aswell. About 20-25min ago, regardless of what the Radar was showing, the snow came down very heavily. Just a quick observation outside the front of the house and I would say 1-2cm of fresh snow has fallen with tree branches wrapped in white, making it look picturesque. Has almost stopped falling now. Wow, that's the second time I've been lucky this last week for snowfall! :D:):yahoo:

Just wondering, may it have been this?

post-10818-12631719875842_thumb.png

Posted

Glad someone else from this area is reporting it aswell. About 20-25min ago, regardless of what the Radar was showing, the snow came down very heavily. Just a quick observation outside the front of the house and I would say 1-2cm of fresh snow has fallen with tree branches wrapped in white, making it look picturesque. Has almost stopped falling now. Wow, that's the second time I've been lucky this last week for snowfall! :D:):yahoo:

Hi weather09, was just reading your diary highlights at the bottom of your posts. For the snow ones are you missing the following:

Dec 19th night: Moderate snow from the north giving about 1cm of snow

Dec 29th evening: Heavy wet snow from the SW giving 1-2cm

New Years day: Snow shower in the evening giving a dusting

Was just a thought lol.

Regards, hgb