Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Methuselah

Posted

blink.gif

South West, Wales and a small portion of the west midlands look like getting a bit of a pasting. Shame it hasn't got any chance at all of reaching this far. On to the next battleground...

I know, I'm strange. But it's been 2 and a half weeks and I would rather be paid...

Posted

Snow starting to look like it means business now, the kind that brings drifting, weighed-down trees and all....... Wonder how long it will continue?!?!

Posted

blink.gif

South West, Wales and a small portion of the west midlands look like getting a bit of a pasting. Shame it hasn't got any chance at all of reaching this far. On to the next battleground...

strong words. i wouldnt rule out anything in this situation, things can dramatically change at the last minute.

Posted
  • Location: Sedgley / Dudley - West Midlands - 757ft (219m) asl
  • Location: Sedgley / Dudley - West Midlands - 757ft (219m) asl

dry here for the last hour wallbash.gif

Posted

Holes appearing in the snow cover in the garden. Its getting increasingly slushy and looking at the radar, we'll have lost our snow cover by morning the way this is going.

Need some very heavy snow to save it now!

However...almost 6 days of snowcover...thats pretty good!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous

I know, I'm strange. But it's been 2 and a half weeks and I would rather be paid...

2 and a half weeks off because of the snow...blimey. I can understand. Hope you have a safe journey tomorrow. No matter how much it snowed I'd be expcted to walk to work. Only about three miles away :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Looks like it could get interesting for a time-for most of the night hopefully!

Posted

Been snowin quite hard here in Buxton, severe drifting on the A6 to Buxton, bout an inch or so since this afternoon. temp -0.6c

Posted

If it reaches here, i will be gobsmacked.

You`ve got tonights snow aswell yet which is mass building now and heading west. :angry:

Posted

Looks like it could get interesting for a time-for most of the night hopefully!

Although it is getting a bit of a march on. Soon be over for me. Would be intresting to see how the Leics/Notts contingent are getting on as the eastern extent is heavier.

Posted

blink.gif

The way the models have performed recently then you'd be a fool to write it off just yet ! On the countryfile forecast it was mentioned that the band would just stop and sit there before being stretched and veering off into two opposite directions. I think at least 12 hours maybe even 6 hours before the event before we know for sure mate. If the precip is heavy enough then im sure that the cold already in situ coupled with evap cooling would ensure that somewhere gets a pasting if it can make it?

Edited by jukebox

Posted

You`ve got tonights snow aswell yet which is mass building now and heading west. :)

Im hoping it hits here though on present track its just the very light stuff heading here, im still hoping to wake up and find ive got the day off college though :angry:

Posted
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'

A strange mixture of light snow grains, rain and sleet and the only sounds are those of the chunks of soggy snow slipping from the branches in a slow thaw.

Posted

I'd say that the band of precip I pointed out earler will get to us in Halesowen and Stourbridge in about an hour, and will last just shy of an hour.

Posted

It is falling as mainly snow here now. But can't see how anything will settle tonight. Everything is very wet and temperatures wont get below freezing.

Posted

The way the models have performed recently then you'd be a fool to write it off just yet ! On the countryfile forecast it was mentioned that the band would just stop and sit there before being stretched and veering off into two opposite directions. I think at least 12 hours maybe even 6 hours before the event before we know for sure mate. If the precip is heavy enough then im sure that the cold already in situ coupled with evap cooling would ensure that somewhere gets a pasting if it can make it?

You are right these events are often eventual nowcasts, no certainities until T0. Just a gut feeling I have.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

I think the snow is trying to settle here now. :whistling:

Posted

I think the snow is trying to settle here now. smile.gif

Trying to settle?

Its been settling here for a while, everywhere now white again biggrin.gif

Edited by Luke3000

Posted

I think the snow is trying to settle here now. :whistling:

Good stuff. I'm much lower down than you though, so going to be more difficult for it to settle here.

Posted

Trying to settle?

Its been settling here for a while, everywhere now white again biggrin.gif

Your a bit higher than me though. Should all improve soon enough. :shok:

Posted

Im hoping it hits here though on present track its just the very light stuff heading here, im still hoping to wake up and find ive got the day off college though :shok:

Wales forecast was rather scary to be honest a chance of upto 4inches coming from that lot in the east,I could spare some of the first lot of snow here for you.lol.

Aswell as the next major snow event tuesday into wednesday. :lol:

Posted

Trying to settle?

Its been settling here for a while, everywhere now white again :shok:

Everythings back to cyrstal white. I wonder if we could hit the 2cm jackpot?:lol:

EDIT: Whoops already got there.

I wonder if we could hit the 3cm jackpot?

Edited by Hailsowen