Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West England Cold Spell Discussion:

Methuselah

Posted

Snowlight Robbery, what did you do? I've never seen so many Dorset people climb out of the woodwork quite like they've just done! shok.gif

Well, good luck to you all at any rate! I shall enjoy my non event 150 miles north of God's Own County! doh.gif

Amazing isn't it? We are all used to so many setbacks now that we just sit there in the background ready to pounce on our neighbouring counties when and IF we ever get any of the darn stuff!!!!!!!!good.gif

Edited by snowlight robbery

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

How much snow did you get the other day from that streamer?

Hey RRR...to be honest, our main event was Friday night into Saturday morning when we managed approximately 3inches. However, just across the Channel parts of the Contentin Peninsular accumulated 20inches according to reports in our local press yesterday evening :doh: I will post some pics of our snow soon but here is one I took about ten minutes ago showing the snow and ice forming on our estate from the current freezing rain and snow onslaught. Not much at the mo but enough to have suspended our local bus service and close the schools. The roads are becoming like skating rinks :shok:

post-5600-12633125354528_thumb.jpg

Edited by Fitzwis

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Non-event here. A few spits of rain.

Ian Fergusson got it right first time around.

Look on the bright side, it saves the pain of humble pie.

Posted

Tis fun. Our neighbour said the golf course was still pretty covered, mad nut still playing most mornings. Let us know if you see anything hopeful coming our way. Wind has picked up here somewhat in the last 10 mins, pretty gusty.

I probably know him then,Course has been closed since last week,they are getting to desperate stage now lolwallbash.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

do you have a link please?

Click on camera nearest A38 sign on way to Exeter from Plymouth

Snowing very heavily here still... its insane out there!

Posted

Oi! Sweet child of mine get your own user name!

Love Mum.

Lurking from work! :)

Umm sky looks snowy :)

Sky looks snowy here too, i would be suprised if you didn't get anything... maybe later on tonight?

Edited by biggiemauls

Posted

Oi! Sweet child of mine get your own user name!

Love Mum.

Lurking from work! :)

Umm sky looks snowy :)

the whole thing is stopping and turning north i knew this was gonna happen maybe better in long run coz of all the ppn to the south of bristol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Just been out on my first bike ride since it started snowing last Tuesday. Only the main A and B roads are passable at the moment so my routes are a bit limited!

I had a punishing climb up Birdlip Hill from the Witcombes. It seems about twice as hard in this cold weather! There's still a lot of snow up on the hills - about 4-5 inches. It is lingering on the trees too, and drifting in the strong winds. Anything that falls tonight will really accumulate quickly and exacerbate the drifting. There's still two or three inches of snow left in Cheltenham, but only on the ground and the snow is turning slushy.

Posted

Another wiltshire head! Welcome! :) Fingers crossed we see some tonight!

Thanks,

Should be at least enough to top up the slight thaw we had today.

You should see it a bit earlier than me and probably more with your elevation.

Posted

the whole thing is stopping and turning north i knew this was gonna happen maybe better in long run coz of all the ppn to the south of bristol

On the NW radar its still moving NE, the bright echoes are just approaching the coast SW of here...infact making landfall

Posted

Thanks,

Should be at least enough to top up the slight thaw we had today.

You should see it a bit earlier than me and probably more with your elevation.

I'm hopeful! :)

If any of you have any questions on whether you will see snow in your area based on the latest, then please feel free to ask. I will be here for the next 20 minutes. :)

Wiltshireeeeeeee? Your expertise is needed! :)

Posted

Really starting to come down now. Settling.

Posted

If any of you have any questions on whether you will see snow in your area based on the latest, then please feel free to ask. I will be here for the next 20 minutes. drinks.gif

Although having a fresh 3-4 inches already, am I right in thinking the best is yet to come?

(the above estimate is based on the snow I brushed when making the path being buried and a new level reached - including the piles of snow)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

If any of you have any questions on whether you will see snow in your area based on the latest, then please feel free to ask. I will be here for the next 20 minutes. :rofl:

Oooo, yes please.

Mendips, BA3, 200m asl - damp squib, dry, dusting, accumulation????

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, hot sunny weather

If any of you have any questions on whether you will see snow in your area based on the latest, then please feel free to ask. I will be here for the next 20 minutes. :rofl:

Thanks TC, are we likely to get any in Gloucester itself?

Posted

Hi TC, I'm a avid watcher of yours at null!! Yous gonna wish you never asked that question in a minute I'm sure, but I'll bite! And I swore I'd never ask this question.... but here goes.... will it snow in Cirencester? There I said it.

Actually I'm more concerned with depth and timing as I'm working in school and need to know whether we are poised for yet another snow day.

Keep up the fantastic work and good luck with your new endeavour. :hugs: