Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West England Cold Spell Discussion:

Methuselah

Posted

Hopefully it is better for us "northerners" that temps will be dropping anyway when it gets this far. :yahoo:

Tricky dicky at lunchtime said it would be wet snow, rather than the dry powdery stuff we had last week.

The chap after the 1 o'clock news actually said "particularly Bristol and Cardiff". :):D

I'm hoping that the good covering we still have will help it to settle.

What is the forecast for the rest of the week....does anyone know? Might we have a chance of it all lying around for a good few more days?

I hope everyone gets plenty! :)

Posted

Bloody hell it's moving quick! Won't be long before it hits us.

Thats what I thought. Sure the forecast had it arriving much later for N.Somerset. Oh well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

post-7608-12633101184428_thumb.jpgpost-7608-12633101614828_thumb.jpg

The two faces of Dartmoor (shot taken from pretty much the same spot)

Edit: the latter one taken just now, and literally just down the road, by the time I got back my footprints were covered again.

Edited by Dartmoor_Matt

Posted

Essex blondes

:D There seems to have been an influx of them around here, lately. They tend to drive 4x4s and think they own the road. One actually pulled out of a side road in front of me the other day. I would have let it go if the main road had not also been an icerink. :cold:

So I frightened the life out of her with a big blast of my horn. That woke her up! :whistling:

Posted

Some very bright echoes to the SW of here (just off the coast) could be some fun and games in a bit, shame it might be dark by then.

Posted

Still SW of here, patience :whistling:

Haldon Hill is going the way of last Feb at this rate going from the traffic cam (first one after the A38 sign near Exeter)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

Hi all - freezing rain and snow here in Jersey ... roads becoming treacherous again. Forecast is for the precipitation to turn to rain here later this evening. Temp at Jersey Airport currently 0.4c :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

Haldon Hill is going the way of last Feb at this rate going from the traffic cam (first one after the A38 sign near Exeter)

do you have a link please?

Posted

dont know if its me but it looks like its starting to slow up and turn more towards the n/w all that ppn down near the channel looks like its started to go north:cc_confused:

Posted

Where's all the Dorset peeps?,Need a bit of input from you,rain,sleet or snow?unknw.gif

Although a "Dorset peep", I'm in Nottingham at the moment, so likely to be about as much use to you as a chocolate teapot in this situation. :cold:

Still, at least you guys are actually likely to see weather (and alcohol, in Matt's case), this thing's barely gonna make it to us! :whistling::D

Posted

dont know if its me but it looks like its starting to slow up and turn more towards the n/w all that ppn down near the channel looks like its started to go north:cc_confused:

This was my worry yesterday.....that this strong SE'ly wind would blow it more towards the NW. :unsure: :(

Edited by noggin

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms

hey butler son I can confirm that there is nothing but dark skies here in Poole, Dorset at the moment.

Posted

Although a "Dorset peep", I'm in Nottingham at the moment, so likely to be about as much use to you as a chocolate teapot in this situation. :(

Still, at least you guys are actually likely to see weather (and alcohol, in Matt's case), this thing's barely gonna make it to us! :unsure: :(

i must admit its starting to drag its heels still nothing yet in bristol and yet according to the radar its been knocking on our doorstep for the last hour:cc_confused: