Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West England Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Haha yes an exhausting few weeks in which ive managed to display my nerdy traits to just about everyone - i'll never be cool again (in the eyes of the few people who mistakenly thought I was before)

But do i care - not a bit!

See you all around the start of february (it looks like anyway....)

Much Love

SK

Posted

Haha yes an exhausting few weeks in which ive managed to display my nerdy traits to just about everyone - i'll never be cool again (in the eyes of the few people who mistakenly thought I was before)

But do i care - not a bit!

See you all around the start of february (it looks like anyway....)

Much Love

SK

Same as that! I was the cool one once upon a time. :yahoo: Now I am called snow queen and weather witch, it has also gained me extra work on top of my other work commitments, I should have kept my mouth shut!

On the plus side I now have 27 future meteorologists ready to take the world by storm, (excuse the pun), if I can get them away from radar images and weather blogs for long enough to do some actual work!

Thanks for all of your knowledge Kris in the last couple of weeks, you have been mentioned in my work weather forecasts. :lol:

Posted

Same as that! I was the cool one once upon a time. :unsure: Now I am called snow queen and weather witch, it has also gained me extra work on top of my other work commitments, I should have kept my mouth shut!

On the plus side I now have 27 future meteorologists ready to take the world by storm, (excuse the pun), if I can get them away from radar images and weather blogs for long enough to do some actual work!

Thanks for all of your knowledge Kris in the last couple of weeks, you have been mentioned in my work weather forecasts. :drinks:

it has been a pleasure!

Its great to share in one of the best winters of modern times with people every bit as enthusiastic as i've always been about meteorology and in particular, the snow

I think I should also conclude by saying despite all the supposed panic and worry displayed in the media, how refreshing it is that a few flakes of snow can turn 95% of us and the british public into over-exciteable 5 year olds. Somethings dont, and never should, change!

SK

Posted
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .
  • Weather Preferences: thunder/lightning ,gales and warm sunny weather
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .

It has been really good fun on here and really friendly.

I don't have the weather equipment (although I have got the lite sub from net weather-don't understand some of it)but I will learn in time .

So till next time TTFN.

Posted

Okey Dokey!

Due to lots of pleading from various members on the Different Regional Forums Have spoken with the powers that be................and

Tomorrow there will be a New Sub Forum above this one near where the Snow Reports Live called "Regional Threads" and all the Regionals are going to be moved there and stay put for the winter, so this thread will be kept open until tomorrow when it will be moved into it's new home!

Regards

Paul S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

Yup, thanks SK... you imput has been great over the last few weeks!

By far the best regional thread on here!

Won't be long now and it will be BBQs on the beach! Ah... I can feel the warmth already!

On a weather note.... frosty and clear here now.

Okey Dokey!

Due to lots of pleading from various members on the Different Regional Forums Have spoken with the powers that be................and

Tomorrow there will be a New Sub Forum above this one near where the Snow Reports Live called "Regional Threads" and all the Regionals are going to be moved there and stay put for the winter, so this thread will be kept open until tomorrow when it will be moved into it's new home!

Regards

Paul S

Power to the people! :lol:

Cheers for the heads up Paul.

Okey Dokey!

Regards

Paul S

:lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, hot sunny weather

Okey Dokey!

Regards

Paul S

Fantastic news thank you

:rolleyes:

Lets party!

:yahoo::clap::drunk:

Posted

Woooo! Thanks! yahoo.gif

I'll second that - thanks,

still some winter to come, but the friendly banter on here deserves to continue whatever the weather .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Hows about OUR sun soaked beaches ... oh and definately Devon Scrumpy! laugh.gifdrinks.gif

Where you heading this time? Perhaps you should head to a glacier wink.gif

haha i am heading to the 3 valleys swizerland. will get good snow there i hope! pardon.gif

woop woop we keep our thread! drinks.gif

Back to the weather and the slow thaw has been halted here at least for now -1.0c around 7/8 inches of snow left and more like 4 on roads.

Edited by mullender83

Posted

So glad it's staying open. I had a tear in my eye, reading all those "goodbyes". :rofl:

Still, now it's staying open and the coldest part of the Winter is yet to come! :rolleyes:

A fine old thaw going on here, although there is still loads around.

I'm off to read Michael Fish's forecast for the week ahead. If there is even a sniff of some more snowy delight, I shall report back!

Posted

The temperature gauge in my car driving to work this morning registered 14C, truely balmy at the moment, however it's probably not the most accurate instrument out there.

This is following the pattern for the Winter of 1946/47 almost exactly. A snowy start to January, then an unusually warm period in the middle, then from the 20th onwards some of the worst snow conditions every experienced in the UK. Dare I dream similar occurs this winter?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

We're still here then,

After the rain pretty much all the snow has gone.

Must say as much as I love the snow & cold, its good to see the greenery again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, hot sunny weather

We still have some snow laying around, had sleet this morning!

Edited by textmum

Posted

Nice reading and sharing all the excitement with you all and the lack of sleep!,As per normal for us Dorset Folk the masses of snow never came but hey we'll bounce back (probably with a scorcher of a summer bringing the hoards of holidaymakers onto our SUN SOAKED BEACHES !).Great to chat to a few fellow dorset peeps as well and look forward to hopefully typing away on here again before the spring arrives.drinks.gif Dorset Apple Cake or Devon Scrumpy? lol

Dorset Apple Cake and Dorset Cider on a Dorset beach would be ideal! Though as Dorset cider is hard to come by (lush if you find it, look out for Cider by Rosie), I guess that Devon Cider may begrudgingly do... :shok:

Hows about OUR sun soaked beaches ... oh and definately Devon Scrumpy! laugh.gifdrinks.gif

Beach? Devon? HAHAHAHA! Don't make me laugh! Devon's pitiful excuses for beaches can't hold a candle to the ones in beautiful Dorsetshire! :shok:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Wow a barmy 6c here today and all i can hear is water coming from everything as the snow is thawing. shok.gifcray.gif

still around 5 inches left but at this rate it will be gone by mid day tomoro. cray.gif

It is so mild now that we have a layer of mist coming off the snow on the ground!

Edited by mullender83

Posted

Strange number on my weather station : 5.0c! The first time it's been reached since 27 Dec!

Gradual thaw and persistent drizzle, still quite a lot of snow lying though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

Dorset Apple Cake and Dorset Cider on a Dorset beach would be ideal! Though as Dorset cider is hard to come by (lush if you find it, look out for Cider by Rosie), I guess that Devon Cider may begrudgingly do... dry.gif

Beach? Devon? HAHAHAHA! Don't make me laugh! Devon's pitiful excuses for beaches can't hold a candle to the ones in beautiful Dorsetshire! laugh.gif

Lies! You've simpy forgotten from being up north for too long! Although, I actully prefer Cornish beaches... so long as you can keep away from Newquay... oh and Rock. nonono.gif

Quite warm here today, relatively... 5C! and... there is tarmac! I can see my road for the first time in 12 days! Hats off to the farmer! :doh:

Good snowcover elsewhere, nothing lower down.

Posted

Just got back to Trowbridge from a mid-week break at Center Parcs (Longleat Forest).

Loads of the white stuff there (still a fair bit left now), but the temperature was up to 6.0°c, so not sure how much longer it will last!

It's a tropical 8.0°c here in Trowbridge at the moment!... Hardly anything left here either... A few very poorly looking snowmen and that's about it (not even a square inch left in the back garden!)

I shall post some pics of the forest in a bit... It was a proper Winter Wonderland!!

Are we on course for a re-load of the cold next week???

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

Actually would a couple of weeks of average temps be such a bad thing, I certainly hope that isn't the last of the wintery weather we get this year.

Okey Dokey!

Regards

Paul S

Thanks Paul, :drinks: