Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West England Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

Well guys, been fun catching up with all the reports from around the regions!

Until the next time! drinks.gif

(oh, for banter, pop down to the lounge... all welcome... just watch out for Coast...)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Yep its been fun having these regional threads, lets hope its not to long before the next cold spell.

Posted

Had fun and loved this thread shame Ian stopped posting here really enjoyed his input!!!

cant wait for the next thread.

cya next time mullender matt daisy steve dogs and ofc Jay when will it next snow in cardiff? and any i missed!

ill leave u guys with this me and a few uni mates made in our garden last night :) bit x rated for these forums :)

20041_254286361460_637941460_3811515_2133175_n.jpg

Edited by Jonesywilliteversnow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, hot sunny weather

Hi Guys

Just to let you know the Regional Threads will be Closed at around Midnight tonight and a General Cold Spell Discussion for the Whole Uk Will be Opened at the same time.

Regards

Paul S

Thats a shame,its so nice having your own regional thread and everyone is so helpful and nice on here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Had fun and loved this thread shame Ian stopped posting here really enjoyed his input!!!

cya next time mullender matt daisy steve dogs and ofc Jay when will it next snow in cardiff? and any i missed!

ill leave u guys with this me and a few uni mates made in our garden last night tease.gif bit x rated for these forums tease.gif

Nice picture! drinks.gif

Its a sad day to see this regional thread closed although lets all hope it is opened again within the next fortnight. pardon.gif

Lots of snow on ground but a slow thaw is occuring temperature 1.7c cray.gifcray.gifcray.gif

Posted

Interestingly there has been very little thaw here today, the snow I shovelled yesterday remains where it was and what was slushy this morning is now frozen.

So, will the SW see 10c tomorrow? I doubt it up here.

10 days of snow cover above 5inches and considerably more now than there was last Tuesday.

Posted

ill leave u guys with this me and a few uni mates made in our garden last night :) bit x rated for these forums ;)

haha great pic :) . cya all next time the snow comes . :blush:

Posted

Interestingly there has been very little thaw here today, the snow I shovelled yesterday remains where it was and what was slushy this morning is now frozen.

So, will the SW see 10c tomorrow? I doubt it up here.

10 days of snow cover above 5inches and considerably more now than there was last Tuesday.

Its a shame we are losing this friendly local thread, for the time being. Willing on the next snow event so we can get the thread back!

With Friends in Bristol and Exeter, son at Uni in Cardiff and a wife who travels almost daily over the whole of the SW, I particulary appreciate the concentrated local info this thread has provided.

Also good to discover the peeps in Dorset - please keep the odd post going in General thread so we can keep in contact!

Edited by egret

Posted

Yeah, not sure why they don't just keep the regional threads open, seems a bit odd we need a 'general' cold discussion to discuss the lack of cold but not the regional ones, but there we go :blush:

Be glad to get rid of the snow from the road at least... got so much that needs doing and has been cancelled the last week or so. Also had no post or rubbish collected for a fortnight!

Wheres a nice high pressure when you need one... sunny days, cold nights, roads cleared, snow elsewhere. Not much to ask is it?

Posted

Not at all!

The thaw continues... sad.gif

Since this cold spell, current temps feel alot warmer, but its still only been about 2c and is now about zero... would be quite nice in a 'normal' winter :ph34r: Could do with getting rid of this fog though! It's just miserable, not even the snow makes it seem bright.

Posted

Nice reading and sharing all the excitement with you all and the lack of sleep!,As per normal for us Dorset Folk the masses of snow never came but hey we'll bounce back (probably with a scorcher of a summer bringing the hoards of holidaymakers onto our SUN SOAKED BEACHES !).Great to chat to a few fellow dorset peeps as well and look forward to hopefully typing away on here again before the spring arrives.drinks.gif Dorset Apple Cake or Devon Scrumpy? lol

Posted

Ahh, shame its closing tonight.. Its been fun. Nice meeting everyone! Heres to hoping for another cold spell soon :whistling: Until then, hopefully see some familiar usernames around the board :good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

Well the thaw was a lots less than I expected today so unless the rain forecast for tonight does its worst we may well get another met office official lying snow day here which would take us up to a nice round 10 consecutive days and 11 days including the day before when the snow first fell - not bad for a built up area at under 20m ASL.

Heres hoping we dont have to wait too long for the return of the regional threads - esp as the SW one is the best one :whistling:

Posted

Well guys, been fun catching up with all the reports from around the regions!

Until the next time! drinks.gif

(oh, for banter, pop down to the lounge... all welcome... just watch out for Coast...)

Cheers all....for now, hopefully.drinks.gif

Be good to think we'll all be back in a regional snow thread before long.

Mods - maybe you could transfer my pics post from last night into the pictures thread.

Posted

Heres hoping we dont have to wait too long for the return of the regional threads - esp as the SW one is the best one :drinks:

It certainly is!

See you all next time, peeps! :gathering:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

It certainly is!

See you all next time, peeps! gathering.gif

Lets hope we don't have to wait until next january... rolleyes.gifcc_confused.gif

Long may winter continue although if it doesnt i have a weeks skiing in mid march which will no doubt be when you will all get your next snow event! mad.gif

happy days.clap.gif

Posted

Nice reading and sharing all the excitement with you all and the lack of sleep!,As per normal for us Dorset Folk the masses of snow never came but hey we'll bounce back (probably with a scorcher of a summer bringing the hoards of holidaymakers onto our SUN SOAKED BEACHES !).Great to chat to a few fellow dorset peeps as well and look forward to hopefully typing away on here again before the spring arrives.drinks.gif Dorset Apple Cake or Devon Scrumpy? lol

Hows about OUR sun soaked beaches ... oh and definately Devon Scrumpy! :drinks:drinks.gif

Lets hope we don't have to wait until next january... rolleyes.gifcc_confused.gif

Long may winter continue although if it doesnt i have a weeks skiing in mid march which will no doubt be when you will all get your next snow event! mad.gif

happy days.clap.gif

Where you heading this time? Perhaps you should head to a glacier :gathering:

Posted

Foggy and cold but not as cold as previous days for obs reason's :gathering: but lets hope we enjoy a bit of milder weather before a possible return to cold weather next week i hope:)

Posted

Thaw continues, although not that much snow has melted. Got up to about 4C here today but currently stands at 0C

Foggy.

Will be sorry to see the back of the regional threads, very friendly on the whole.

Take care guys

Jase

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Well it was great talking with all you guys and look forward to the next cold spell - let's hope it's not too long. Had this return to zonality been polar maritime like last year I would probably be looking forward to it but alas no. Let's hope this easterly next week beefs up the punch a bit more - even it is cold and dry that's a start. :lol:

Posted

Bye bye my lovelies! Back to lurking for me.

Although I fully intend to pick brains at some point as I have been asked to set up a weather station at school. Yikes! Though I intend to get a life of some sort (shopping, cocktails etc ) before the next big lump of snow hits us.

Have fun and I hope all of your slush is good slush!

Speak soon, it's been fun! :lol:

Xx