Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West England Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

I wonder if this will be the actual temps in the next five days...

Just cant see Bristol being 10 degrees on sat.

And what about next week??

We will see..diablo.gif

post-10683-12634146714328_thumb.jpg

Posted

A quick question, how often does the highest motorway in the UK(the M62) get shut or littered with people who cannot drive? And if it ever did get shut this is the main road to Manchester from Huddersfield. http://www.flickr.com/photos/34913852@N04/4256437569/

Posted

I hope this works. A few pics as i left my house at 07:45 this morning on the 10 minute walk to work

post-9110-12634153871828_thumb.jpgpost-9110-12634154362928_thumb.jpgpost-9110-12634154916328_thumb.jpgpost-9110-12634155389428_thumb.jpgpost-9110-12634155963628_thumb.jpg

post-9110-12634152372428_thumb.jpgpost-9110-12634153013728_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bristle boy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

Awesome pics Bristle! Looks like a nice lot of snow!

That one of the main road looks pretty interesting to!

Posted

Awesome pics Bristle! Looks like a nice lot of snow!

That one of the main road looks pretty interesting to!

The 'main road' picture is actually the road that goes up to the back of the village. Not really the main road in the vicinity - it actually leads down to the main road - hope that makes sense!biggrin.gif

Posted

The 'main road' picture is actually the road that goes up to the back of the village. Not really the main road in the vicinity - it actually leads down to the main road - hope that makes sense!biggrin.gif

Just :drinks:

Bet you were glad it was just a walk to work tho, plenty of sliding around today on the snow!

Posted

Just laugh.gif

Bet you were glad it was just a walk to work tho, plenty of sliding around today on the snow!

I'm like a big kid on the way in during snow! If someone's already left a footprint i prefer to walk in virgin snow and make the first print!biggrin.gif

But these last two wednesday mornings has been fab walking across the village 'green' and then thru' the churchyard. It's a kinda flashback to the immense blizzards of 78/79 and the eighties winters. Although they dumped double the amount of snow compared to what we've experienced here in BTL this last week.

Edited by Bristle boy

Posted

I'm like a big kid on the way in during snow! If someone's already left a footprint i prefer to walk in virgin snow and make the first print!biggrin.gif

But these last two wednesday mornings has been fab walking across the village 'green' and then thru' the churchyard. It's a kinda flashback to the immense blizzards of 78/79 and the eighties winters. Although they dumped double the amount of snow compared to what we've experienced here in BTL this last week.

Haha!

I know the feeling, although at times today I kinda wish I wasn't walking... climbing from 900feet to 1500feet ASL, through snow up to my knees wasn't exactly easy. But was good to be the first one up there today! Did refrain from making a snow angel tho...

Posted

I was, but then my temp went from -0.6C to 1.2C so now I'm not too fussed lol :yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Well it looks like a slow thaw to start with but becoming very rapid sat so i am going to take this next 3/4 days as a rest and forget about weather so i can recover and get some sleep.

Shall be back at the weekend to see what is going on if anything. lazy.gif

0.1c here at the moment with shed loads of laying snow everywhere. cold.gif

Posted

Well the thaw is well and truly in now, and I know I'm fantasizing a bit, back in the winter of 1946/47, it snowed in early January then by the 14th of January it was almost tropical, one week later the whole country started to have the greatest snow fall for 200 years.  Could it possibly happen again?  Bloody hope so :wallbash: 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (of course) Storms, Sunshine, everything begging with 'S'

Well the thaw is well and truly in now, and I know I'm fantasizing a bit, back in the winter of 1946/47, it snowed in early January then by the 14th of January it was almost tropical, one week later the whole country started to have the greatest snow fall for 200 years. Could it possibly happen again? Bloody hope so :lol:

IF that happened, the tropical weather may bring some of the hibernating animals out to look for food, only to get caught out by the next bout of freezing weather. It's possible ! :good:

Edited by Snowkissed

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Still should all thaw though. I bet most of the snow in Weston will be gone by the end of the day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

Still have 100% coverage here away from areas that have been artificially cleared, but the thaw will pick up from today and I would be surprised if there is greater than 50% by this time tomorrow. Probably a good time to take a bit of a break and have a look at what happens in a few days, but I have a feeling that thats it for this winter bar the odd temporary covering.

Posted

I hope this works. A few pics as i left my house at 07:45 this morning on the 10 minute walk to work

post-9110-12634153871828_thumb.jpgpost-9110-12634154362928_thumb.jpgpost-9110-12634154916328_thumb.jpgpost-9110-12634155389428_thumb.jpgpost-9110-12634155963628_thumb.jpg

nice pic's mate :)

no snow now for a long time,as temp's will be to warm

Edited by dogs32

Posted

Woo! Farmer has been along with the tractor and bucket, and scraped our road for us... and no doubt themselves as they live at the bottom of it!

Of course this means at the moment it is a slippery slushy mess, but it will thaw quicker and normailty returns! (aside from the huge piles of snow everywhere and the 6+inches still lying everywhere else)

Some thaw yesterday, but still loads of snow on rooves etc as well as the ground obviously, trees not much left but very little dripping today also.

Very foggy again!

Posted

A slow thaw happening in Warminster but still a good 2 inches laying on untouched ground areas. Snow cover has been on the ground since last Tues (5 Jan) evening. We have dense fog so a grim, cold and damp day, but the most interesting aspect is that the temperature of 2.1c is the highest it's been since Sat 2 Jan!

Posted

Yup, the warm up carries on, with the jet swinging north in time for summer... when it shall sit right over the top of us again :lol:

Posted

Nice pics of the Green and the cut through the chuchyard to Parkway. I used to live on North Road until we moved to Winterbourne last December. They never grit that road and it gets quite busy too. I've seen a few cars lose it approaching the green down that slight incline. One of my boy's still goes to St Michael's school so I was down there myself an hour afterwards!

Posted

Hi Guys

Just to let you know the Regional Threads will be Closed at around Midnight tonight and a General Cold Spell Discussion for the Whole Uk Will be Opened at the same time.

Regards

Paul S