Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West England Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Radar says rain for me too but it's definitely snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

It's very light here now. Thanks Dartmoor_Matt! Walking through 9 inches sounds incredibly fun. We have ice under our snow so it's going to be fun trying to get to the bus stop. I'm thinking of purchasing myself some crampons just in case!

Could of used some snow shoes for sure :lol:

Sounds a bit too much of a mission just for an exam... :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Its started to snow again in Nailsea.

Posted

i do love snow!

Thats lucky, as the models seem keen to bring the cold back next week. With the GFS as early as Tuesday. (that said, its not exactly going to be 'mild' for most of the country, and even the local forecast which was showing 11c on Saturday yesterday is now showing 9c for Saturday.

Thats lucky, as the models seem keen to bring the cold back next week. With the GFS as early as Tuesday. (that said, its not exactly going to be 'mild' for most of the country, and even the local forecast which was showing 11c on Saturday yesterday is now showing 9c for Saturday.

it's going to be depressing when this lot thaws, always feels like the end of winter when it thaws usually because it is in the last few years at least!

snowing lightly again!

Posted

Amazing the school was open today, as it was their decision and not the council's :cold: The kids

actually wanted to go as they were fed up of making snowmen and sledging :cold:

No-one can EVER be fed up of doing that. I'll make them some whilst they are at school so hopefully

they won't melt too much until the next cold spell.

Posted

it's going to be depressing when this lot thaws, always feels like the end of winter when it thaws usually because it is in the last few years at least!

snowing lightly again!

Yup, still half the winter to go!drinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Yup, still half the winter to go!drinks.gif

If the snow can survive the rainfall at end of the week then i could keep snowcover through to the next cold spell! drunk.gif

Have around a foot of snow in the fields and not far off on concrete that wasnt cleared last time so truly amazing stuff but i am shattered because i treat every cold spell like the last! lazy.gif

Cannot get to work because some lorries are stuck out on the main road although i am not sure id get to the main road really.

Posted

Dartmoor Matt, your snow will stick around for some time yet, by April you'll be sick of it cold.gif

I don't know, there are some epic southerly winds and rain coming on Saturday, that should polish it off. The maybe we can have some oil delivered! :drinks:

If the snow can survive the rainfall at end of the week then i could keep snowcover through to the next cold spell! drunk.gif

Have around a foot of snow in the fields and not far off on concrete that wasnt cleared last time so truly amazing stuff but i am shattered because i treat every cold spell like the last! lazy.gif

Cannot get to work because some lorries are stuck out on the main road although i am not sure id get to the main road really.

Yeah the road out side the house is impassable and the road out of the village not much better!

Definately an altitude event here, looking at the various traffic cams.

Posted

You happy now :drinks:

Still big flakes of snow here any heavy :rofl:

Posted

It still snowing steady in The Forest of Dean. I thought this was meant to have passed us by, by now! I need to get to Ledbury today, but I think I will wait..... How long.....

5 inches on top of the ice and snow already here so we are up to 12 inches in places.

The cold spell discussed for next week, will that include us here in Gloucestershire?

Check out the wild boar in the snow

Posted

It still snowing steady in The Forest of Dean. I thought this was meant to have passed us by, by now! I need to get to Ledbury today, but I think I will wait..... How long.....

5 inches on top of the ice and snow already here so we are up to 12 inches in places.

The cold spell discussed for next week, will that include us here in Gloucestershire?

Check out the wild boar in the snow

If is the key word, its still out beyond 144hrs at the moment, so not very reliable, but the fact there is model agreement (on the easterly, if not the timing) is good.

As to affecting the west and sw, depends on the strength, should be cold though for all if the high is far enough west.

Posted

Well a fresh 3 inches in Warminster after persistent light/moderate snow from around 17.00-08.00!! There is 5 inches laying where last week's had thawed only slowly and in the last hour there's been some quite heavy snow showers with large flakes that started to fill in car tracks/footprints.

It seems that as the front has edged Northwards the Bristol Channel has helped showers develop and moved in the ESE direction across Bristol/Bath/Somerset and into Wiltshire.

The current temperature is 0.6c after the day started at -0.2c .

One thing we won't have tonight, unlike last week, is a very severe frost but of course the ground is frozen so ice will be a big issue tomorrow.

Posted

Lord above! It's still snowing here!

Apart from a brief tailing off earlier this morning, it's now been snowing continually for 19 hours! :(

Not that I'm complaining, mind, even though I'm terrified of falling over and breaking a bone.

:o 19 hours. :o :o :o :(

Posted

Just had a phone call from the guys coming to look at the boiler and they said they couldn't get anywhere near the village, loads of abandoned cars and what have ya.

Becoming a bit annoying this now :(

You'd think they would have 4*4, dealing with the moor alot. Ho hum.