Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West England Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

Hi , the only reason i came into your thread is to get your opinions on that low to the west of france , iv watched it most the day and it does seem to be heading towards plymouth and the south west , dont think its forecas but i no what the radar tells me and at min it has your name on it .

Comments welcome . Thanks

Thats moved about 100miles in the last 3 hours, so its going no were fast. I fear it will be rain if it makes landfall down here.

Temp 1.4C and DP 1.3C

Edited by Dartmoor_Matt

Posted

Hi , the only reason i came into your thread is to get your opinions on that low to the west of france , iv watched it most the day and it does seem to be heading towards plymouth and the south west , dont think its forecas but i no what the radar tells me and at min it has your name on it .

Comments welcome . Thanks

Hi Shaun,

I'm no weather forcaster but I've been following it as well. It does seems to be taking a NE path, though I assume when it comes across the low it will get pushed much further east. Just guessing though!

Edited by TimMB

Posted

Thats moved about 100miles in the last 3 hours, so its going no were fast. I fear it will be rain if it makes landfall down here.

Temp 1.4C and DP 1.3C

too true matt but its still movin quicker than that bloody thing we had yesterday i mean around 3pm it was just gettin into bristol area and by 11 pm it was just gettin into the birmingham area thats like 90 miles in 8 hrs major slow.

Edited by WESTERN SNOWS

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

Hi Shaun,

I'm no weather forcaster but I've been following it as well. It does seems to be taking a NE path, though I assume when it comes across the low it will get pushed much further east. Just guessing though!

I can understand your reasoning on it but with the current low pressure moving north into scotland now and dying of death all the time then it may not make any difference

Thanks for every1s reply i knew that would get ppl goin lol!!

Posted

Well that killed the conversation eh :unsure:

Temperature is still dropping, so maybe it will drop quick enough for when that PPN arrives, altho the NW radar projection seems to suggest it might drift along the north coast of France

Posted

Well that killed the conversation eh :winky:

Temperature is still dropping, so maybe it will drop quick enough for when that PPN arrives, altho the NW radar projection seems to suggest it might drift along the north coast of France

oh well looks like its moving east anyways well onto next week then lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Afternoon. Got about a further 15cm last night so much less than expected. Phew.. Temp currently -0.5C and very misty. The forest near by looks like Lapland the trees are so heavily laden with snow.

Wow - 15cm is a massive fall my my standards!

What is the total depth now?

Which part of the North Cotswolds are you in? Anywhere near Snowshill?

We had about 3cm more snow in Cheltenham overnight and through the day. It's not a nice type of snow. Very icy, and made up of very small flakes.

Posted

oh well looks like its moving east anyways well onto next week then lol

Swinging north again now!

Must be time for a beer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

Its not moving east its moving north east , the western edge is moving more east but the main batch is moving north north east if anythin. It wont be the 1st time the forecast has got it wrong .

Posted

Wow - 15cm is a massive fall my my standards!

What is the total depth now?

Which part of the North Cotswolds are you in? Anywhere near Snowshill?

We had about 3cm more snow in Cheltenham overnight and through the day. It's not a nice type of snow. Very icy, and made up of very small flakes.

Hi,

here in Northleach we had about an extra 10cms - quite a surprise this morning!

The Fossebridge road was closed as was the road over Kilkenny & Seevn Springs.

Got the joys of travelling to Stevenage first thing in the morning!

Phil

Posted

Its not moving east its moving north east , the western edge is moving more east but the main batch is moving north north east if anythin. It wont be the 1st time the forecast has got it wrong .

0.6C/0.4C ...

Some warm up whistling.gif

A definite thaw going on, even thought the temp only reached 0.4C. Shame we can't get some clear skies and low temps, rather than mist and cloud.

Oh well, if someone had said 2 months ago had said that in jan i would see 2 snowfalls a week apart without the snow melting completely in between, i wouldn't have believed them!

Posted

Both temp and dew point are now below freezing here. Clear skies so perhaps there will be a frost tonight? Should stop the thaw if only for a little bit!

That said, not much has thawed this afternoon now that the trees stopped dripping!

Posted

Local BBC forecast brings that area of precipitation up into Dorset/Hampshire/Wiltshire/East Somerset/Bath during the night into tomorrow morning and warned of freezing rain, not to mention the ice that will be around anyway!

Posted

Local BBC forecast brings that area of precipitation up into Dorset/Hampshire/Wiltshire/East Somerset/Bath during the night into tomorrow morning and warned of freezing rain, not to mention the ice that will be around anyway!

Snow, pleaseeeeeeee let it snow! :lol:

Posted

Here is the snow depth summary for this part of the world, For the last fortnight, unmeasurable nonono.gif 1mm maybe if we were luckyrofl.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

thaw setting in here in Weston now. Still had a fantastic cold spell though.

Posted

Snows over now guys.Was fun whilst it lasted though wish every year it was like this.Anyway lots of winter yet to come and even brief talk on points west of it getting colder again next week.

Posted

Longest cold spell discussion I can remember, although it might of been the first time last year :good:

Posted

I refuse to give up hope. clap.gif

I think you might be onto something there!

Besides, its still cold and my road is still blocked, so...

Apparently the road up to the village was littered with people who had to abandon their cars and couldn't get back down the hill, but conveniently blocked everyone else, or would suddenly stop, get out, and take a picture... which would of been fine, but only one side was ploughed... and on a road over the moor that doesn't leave alot of room for error. :lol:

Morons. :good:

Posted

I really wish gritters would stop puttin this grit down everywhere day after day now im getting bloody filthy from slush sprayed up only my clothes from other vehicles.grrrrrrrr

This grit *** makes alot more mess than the snow and ice itself

Posted

Thats it then...... Here's to a fantastic spell of weather drinks.gif its been more that i could ask for..... Take it steady all for now.........