Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

any snow expected on the carmarthenshire pembrokshire border tonight?

You could see a covering by morning, but the present streamer is too far east of you, but changes will occur over night.

Edited by Tonyh

Posted

Watched Rob McElwee i think it was earlier on , maybe about 3ish , so not sure what time that forecast was compiled ,but he did say the wind would be more westerly later on ,and therefor Ireland blocks Wales.

Is this still the case ? , incoming at 11 o clock is supposed to be good for this area, any earlier or later and its more hit and miss??

Edited by pascalsbongo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Any chance of snow for us in southeast wales over the weekend?

Posted

Watched Rob McElwee i think it was earlier on , maybe about 3ish , so not sure what time that forecast was compiled ,but he did say the wind would be more westerly later on ,and therefor Ireland blocks Wales.

Is this still the case ? , incoming at 11 o clock is supposed to be good for this area, any earlier or later and its more hit and miss??

Haha but that's nonsense these showers are pepping up over the irish sea not the Atlantic, if the wind veerd more westerly it would mean the showers travel more west to east instead of north west to south east thats all :/

Posted

What about Caerdydd lol.

Falle gewch chi gawod ysgafn ond ddim byw o sylwedd i gymharu ag Abertawe

You might have the odd light shower in the next hour or so but nothing as substantial as Swansea.

Posted

Heading off to Newquay in Ceredigion first thing in the morning = got my camera - don't let me down guys

Posted

We should see something soon too Jay - well well well GFS 18z tonight - AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and Very SCARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Siberia's moving in and starting a new ice age - I wasn't joking about holding the winter olympics in Wales - by the 10th of Feb we'll be freezin our butts off and there could be a lot of snow - absolutely stunning!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted

Haha but that's nonsense these showers are pepping up over the irish sea not the Atlantic, if the wind veerd more westerly it would mean the showers travel more west to east instead of north west to south east thats all :/

I did actually think he was about to say haha after that comment.

Good batch here at the moment , hopefully it will be just that 1 or 2 degrees colder than forecast for tomorrow.

Edited by pascalsbongo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Bridgend should see something fairly shortly

Good good, hope so :D

Posted

Remember the film "Day after tomorrow" it's coming to Wales 8th of Feb onwards - I'd say get supplies in 2 - 3 days before - I don't think there's any doubt about this now!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions

We should see something soon too Jay - well well well GFS 18z tonight - AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and Very SCARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Siberia's moving in and starting a new ice age - I wasn't joking about holding the winter olympics in Wales - by the 10th of Feb we'll be freezin our butts off and there could be a lot of snow - absolutely stunning!!!!!!!!!!!

wowowow

Posted

Great another snow/ hail covering for here. Decent hail/ snow shower on the go, 0.8c, dp -1c.

Posted

Remember the film "Day after tomorrow" it's coming to Wales 8th of Feb onwards - I'd say get supplies in 2 - 3 days before - I don't think there's any doubt about this now!

same love that cmment

Posted

those showers in mid/west wales really seem to be pepping up - could be more than just a slight covering by morning if this keeps up and if the wind changes direction too!

Posted

Hi andy could you tell me if there are going to be any more for carmarthenshire/ pembrkshire border?

Edited by snowmadsam

Posted

Lol i do hope your right Andy i really do.

But, that is still 10 days away, and a lot can happen before then.

I shall get the supplies in when it comes into a more reliable time frame.

If correct then everyone will be stuck at home eating milk and bread.

Will the beast from the east give you that elusive minus 12 degrees celsius?

Roll a dice 5 times, add up the total,divide by two, then toss a coin (heads = plus , tails = minus).

Your daily winter temperature forecast.

Posted

Hi andy could you tell me if there are going to be any more for carmarthenshire/ pembrkshire border?

Not a lot I'm afraid - the streamer has set itself up unusually further east of you (not what the meto or derek on the beeb was forecasting earlier, something's defo caught them off guard) - but sunday is looking a better day for you and possibly a little tomorrow!

Posted

same love that cmment

He says you will be digging yourself out!:smiliz19:

Beat me to it ...only joking.

Edited by Tonyh

Posted

Lol i do hope your right Andy i really do.

But, that is still 10 days away, and a lot can happen before then.

I shall get the supplies in when it comes into a more reliable time frame.

If correct then everyone will be stuck at home eating milk and bread.

Will the beast from the east give you that elusive minus 12 degrees celsius?

Roll a dice 5 times, add up the total,divide by two, then toss a coin (heads = plus , tails = minus).

Your daily winter temperature forecast.

take a look at this - quite scary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!cold.gif

Rtavn2882.png

I know it's in the low res part of the run but this must be the 6 -7 time this has occurred and GFS is very very good at spotting trends this far out

Edited by andymusic

Posted
post-10324-12648056377088_thumb.jpghehe just noticed something on the radar Edited by snowmadsam

Posted

Beefier radar returns over the Bay now. Just need it colder as its thawing.