Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

A lot of cloud has passed over nothing here though, the clouds are moving slower than earlier however.

Hi mate any snow yet? - sure is cold here just been playing 5 a side we won the league yet again...beat my mate who plays with a bunch of chavs haha, i had to play in a thermal because the blue top i had on clashed with the other teams colours.wallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gif

Posted

Hi mate any snow yet? - sure is cold here just been playing 5 a side we won the league yet again...beat my mate who plays with a bunch of chavs haha, i had to play in a thermal because the blue top i had on clashed with the other teams colours.wallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gif

Not likely for east wales tonight jay but you never know - seems to be more activity than just a streamer for pembs and carms - west wales

Posted

this is very poor atm i was expecting something by now, the radar is preforming poorly too

Posted

Dry here atm, but more activity seems to be heading our way over the next couple of hours, looking at the radar. At least the clear skies so far help lower temps before the showers come.

I suppose youre write as we say in Welsh

Hir yw pob ymaros -(long is every waiting) it doesnt translate well in English :p)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow

Meto Warning:

Following this evening's showers, there is a risk of widespread icy roads developing on untreated surfaces tonight across parts of Wales. Showers will turn increasingly wintry giving local accumulations of 1 to 3cm.

The public are advised to take extra care and refer to Traffic Wales for further advice on road conditions.

Issued at: 2055 Fri 29 Jan

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/wl/wl_forecast_warnings.html

Quite a few showers out there, should continue to develop through the night also.

Posted

Not really that much of a event as forecast,sunday looks to be the main day going off the skys francis forecast i have just seen.

Looks like there will be a few batches whistling through here soon but possibly too fast,not amounting to much at all.

This easterly aslo appears to be some way off,and im having none of it until it comes within the 5 day forecast.

I think i will awake to a very light melting smattering if lucky.

Posted

Not really that much of a event as forecast,sunday looks to be the main day going off the skys francis forecast i have just seen.

Looks like there will be a few batches whistling through here soon but possibly too fast,not amounting to much at all.

This easterly aslo appears to be some way off,and im having none of it until it comes within the 5 day forecast.

Mate why are you ALWAYS on a downer lol, have hope you will get some sort of covering.

Posted

This weekends northerly was never gonna deliver what we had earlier this month - gonna have to wait for later next week to see how this easterly developes - we will have one - just need to firm up on how potent it's gonna turn out!

got my eye on a wadge of precip that seems to be targeting cardiff eventually - currently over snowdonia - probably a shortish shower but could give us a whitish covering in a few hours if it's not sucked dry over the welsh hills!

And their's more tucking in from the irish sea behind that - so possibilities tonight!

Off topic - who drives a Toyota or Honda car?

Edited by andymusic

Posted

probably a shortish shower but could give us a whitish covering in a few hours if it's not sucked dry over the welsh hills!

And their's more tucking in from the irish sea behind that - so possibilities tonight!

Off topic - who drives a Toyota or Honda car?

I've seen that happen many times before, dont get your hopes up.

Posted

Snowing in swansea looks like a streamer developing.Showers intensifing as the night goes on.

Edited by keithlucky

Posted

Mate why are you ALWAYS on a downer lol, have hope you will get some sort of covering.

Its always better to fear the worst ,as it makes it so much better when you awake to a thick blanket of snow.

When i said winter was over in a earlier post , i really didnt mean it ok lol.

Anyway, i think winter is over now.

Coat .... blah blah

Posted

I've seen that happen many times before, dont get your hopes up.

not getting me hopes up - already had and seen plenty of snow now this winter - 3ft drifts at times - anything else now will be a bonus before I get the barbie out for the glorious summer we are supposed to be having this year

Its always better to fear the worst ,as it makes it so much better when you awake to a thick blanket of snow.

When i said winter was over in a earlier post , i really didnt mean it ok lol.

Anyway, i think winter is over now.

Coat .... blah blah

you're using that reverse psychology stuff again ain't you!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

light snow flurries here

Posted

not getting me hopes up - already had and seen plenty of snow now this winter - 3ft drifts at times - anything else now will be a bonus before I get the barbie out for the glorious summer we are supposed to be having this year

you're using that reverse psychology stuff again ain't you!

Am trying not to say anything but there is something out there heading this way, ahhh it will only be rain for sure . shhhhhhh

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Light snow flurry, bit too warm to settle though at 1.5c.

Looks like the Cardigan Bay streamer should to its work tonight, slightly west of here atm.

Posted

Definitely, and quite a decent one according to the radar, could do with it (slightly) further to the east though.

It does seem to pulling east ever so slightly, are the winds set to turn a more westerly direction? That would help things

Edited by Marcus_surfer

Posted

Still nothing here :/

Posted

Snowing moderate but need a heavy burst for anything to settle

Posted

This seems like swansea shall do well and i will largerly miss out because im a little to far north in this kind of gap :/ could well be the first time a setup like this hasnt truly delivered for me here, had a dusting earlier which thawed but thats nothign in reality.

Posted

This seems like swansea shall do well and i will largerly miss out because im a little to far north in this kind of gap :/ could well be the first time a setup like this hasnt truly delivered for me here, had a dusting earlier which thawed but thats nothign in reality.

Hit and miss mate i suppose.

Posted

Hit and miss mate i suppose.

I knew that was going to be the case just didnt want to be in the miss zone however things could change so I wont write nothing off yet.