Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

What is "light patchy steady snow"?

I read "patchy" and think on and off.

I read "steady" and think constant.

Confused of Caerphilly cc_confused.gif

sorry Joo - in my excitement of getting more of the white stuff to top up what I already got - I lost it there for a bit - went a bit doo la lee tap - I've edited it now so that it reads better - SORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!crazy.gif

Think I'm suffering with an illness called "model fatigue" - it comes on ya when you least expect it - especially with long winters like the one we're having now!

Edited by andymusic

Posted

So derek and his 1 to 2 inches for southern wales tomorrow morning not bad i suppose.

Posted

So derek and his 1 to 2 inches for southern wales tomorrow morning not bad i suppose.

nothing extreme - but as it seems over the next few days to a week it could well be - wash rinse repeat - so that snow could start to pile up more and more - as long as the breaks in between aren't too big and the temps don't go too nuts with strong sunshine - we'll just keep adding to the depths!!!!!!!!!!!!! - still got a couple of inches outside now from yesterday - so tomorrows will add a bit and sunday mornings will add a bit more and sunday night into monday will add more - there's talk of another hit of snow then tuesday night too! - wow - what a winter

Edited by andymusic

Posted

So GFS is not really showing any snow for Wales tomorrow but NAE is showing fairly heavy snow for South Wales... which to believe... NAE me thinks!!!

Yep - Dan the man confirms it I think - they are snow showers that will get more frequent and heavier - not technically a front then! - GFS has gone off on one then - very disappointed in it - unlesssssssssssssssssssssssssss - it's right mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm - we'll defo see in the morning

Posted

yeah GFS has moved the precip a lot further South than it had it yesterday so who knows. Lets just ignore GFS for now lol.

maybe it'll have a sneaky moment on the 00z when it comes out tomorrow morning at 3.30am and shift everything back!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - and hope no one noticedpardon.gif

Posted

maybe it'll have a sneaky moment on the 00z when it comes out tomorrow morning at 3.30am and shift everything back!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - and hope no one noticedpardon.gif

Don't get me excited now lol, on the other hand though i hope we don't get too much, cardiff's game v barnsley will be called off and it will spoil my afternoon.

Posted

Guys what did Derek say about tomorrow's snow?

Cheers.

Well Dan "The Man" Corbett has spoken - frequent steady snow showers for tomorrow morning and frontal snow for sunday morning - probably the best times to get it apart from over night - I believe him - and if the GFS is right and it doesn't happen - I think a strongly worded e-mail will be required - BUT - I don't think that will be necessary - Dan The Man Corbett is one of the best guys on the meto's team - if he says it's gonna snow - it flippin well will!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!drunk.gifcold.gifcold.gifcold.gifcold.gif

Derek's forecast was the same - loads of snow on the way over the coming week

Posted

Well Dan "The Man" Corbett has spoken - frequent steady snow showers for tomorrow morning and frontal snow for sunday morning - probably the best times to get it apart from over night - I believe him - and if the GFS is right and it doesn't happen - I think a strongly worded e-mail will be required - BUT - I don't think that will be necessary - Dan The Man Corbett is one of the best guys on the meto's team - if he says it's gonna snow - it flippin well will!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!drunk.gifcold.gifcold.gifcold.gifcold.gif

Derek's forecast was the same - loads of snow on the way over the coming week

Great mate, it won't be enough to call the Cardiff game off though will it? - would love it to snow during the game though lol.

Posted

Great mate, it won't be enough to call the Cardiff game off though will it? - would love it to snow during the game though lol.

nope - if the forecasts are right - snow will be in the morning tomorrow and will be of frequent showers - sunday morning will be a frontal snow episode - and sunday night into monday morning will be another biggish event

PS - my brother/mother/and father all work down the city - I'm the odd one out and don't - my brother's there full time - looks after the PDA's you swipe your tickets through - mum and dad are stewards

Posted

I doubt it will be enough to stop the Cardiff match.

they got under pitch heating - if they can afford to use it mind! - That Ridsdale - a right cowboy I reckon - plays fast and lose with the money

Posted

they got under pitch heating - if they can afford to use it mind! - That Ridsdale - a right cowboy I reckon - plays fast and lose with the money

Yep I'm a season ticket holder...also bought my one for next year - had it for xmas off parents however godknows where my money has gone, the money raised was meant to go on players.

Posted

Yep I'm a season ticket holder...also bought my one for next year - had it for xmas off parents however godknows where my money has gone, the money raised was meant to go on players.

I feel sorry for you mate - saw the prog the other night - I think he was telling some fibs to raise cash cause he knew the situation he was in! - unfortunately this guys been involved with too many problem businesses before - it just seems to be his style and he doesn't seem to be learning his lesson

(sorry for this being off topic)

Posted

I feel sorry for you mate - saw the prog the other night - I think he was telling some fibs to raise cash cause he knew the situation he was in! - unfortunately this guys been involved with too many problem businesses before - it just seems to be his style and he doesn't seem to be learning his lesson

So, how much are you expecting to get tomorrow?

Posted

Off topic is one thing, but football!?!!!!!! I've half a mind to report you for gross misconduct. However, I am too busy feeding my lampost and praying!!

Posted

So, how much are you expecting to get tomorrow?

on top of the two inches I have now I think a further two would be reasonable - then sunday morning another 2 inches plus and over night sunday into monday morning looks a lot more - 4 + inches = snow piling up!

Posted

Look at what mess he left leeds in needent say anymore.