Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

There is a Championship discussion thread for the footy talk. :)

Jack one in your opinion have we got better chance of snow monday than the rain sleet we had yesterday?

Posted

All gone silent on here must be Eastenders or somthing on

Well looking at raintoday is it my imagination or is that big blob over southern Ireland heading more east than

south east

Temps here 2.8c

dp -0.5

average windspeed 4mph from the west

sorry meant se what ever andy had before is catching

Edited by nomad098

Posted

Yes eastenders what a great episode fairplay they've really upped their game, STACEY, I wonder what tomorrow will fair.

Posted

All gone silent on here must be Eastenders or somthing on

Well looking at raintoday is it my imagination or is that big blob over southern Ireland heading more east than

north east

Temps here 2.8c

dp -0.5

average windspeed 4mph from the west

heading south east in an arc sort of movement

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Wow acting was amazing! Bradley died :) Lol

Posted

Yes eastenders what a great episode fairplay they've really upped their game, STACEY, I wonder what tomorrow will fair.

Feel sorry for Bradley mind - innocent hero to Stacey's madness - manic depression

snow is a comincold.gifcold.gif

Wow acting was amazing! Bradley died sad.gif Lol

well we don't know that yet!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Sancerre.

There are two large(ish) streams hitting Cym now from the Irish Sea - one for me rolleyes.gif which seems to be never ending (well, ending over Belfast) and the other heading (across the Lleyn) into Barmouth and onto Dolgellau. There is a smaller stream hitting near Aberystwyth heading SE towards Builth. DP here is -0.2 which is sufficient for light snow at the mo.

Edited by in the vale

Posted

I bet i wake up and there's no snow lol.

it'll be late morning getting to east wales Jay - it is supposed to get to west wales at about 6am then move across so don't expect much before about 8 - 9 ish - but in these situations the computers may be wrong

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions

any snow for me tonight? (carms/pembs border)?

still had nothing cray.gif

Posted

sorry meant se what ever andy had before is catching

I understand what you mean by an arc but there is deffinitely more eastward movement according to the radar than southerly

temps and dewpoints droping nicely here

and when I learn to read what I type maybe my post will make more sense

Edited by nomad098

Posted

any snow for me tonight? (carms/pembs border)?

still had nothing cray.gif

nothing till the morning for you 6am onwards - at the moment right now you are right in the "gap" - snow to the south of you and snow to the north of you - gutting eh!wallbash.gif

Edited by andymusic

Posted

There are two large(ish) streams hitting Cym now from the Irish Sea - one for me rolleyes.gif which seems to be never ending (well, ending over Belfast) and the other heading (across the Lleyn) into Barmouth and onto Dolgellau. There is a smaller stream hitting near Aberystwyth heading SE towards Builth. DP here is -0.2 which is sufficient for light snow at the mo.

Really pepping up out there. Some areas of mid/north Wales going have a real nice covering. Snowdonia and the Cambrians must have had a load this week. Let's hope it's a similar story down south in the morning...

Posted

I like to have the radar on on google earth. Can anyone tell me how up-to-date it is? Are we talking minutes or hours behind real time?

Posted

nothing till the morning for you 6am onwards - at the moment right now you are right in the "gap" - snow to the south of you and snow to the north of you - gutting eh!wallbash.gif

yep oh well when it comes it better be worth the wait! blink.gifwacko.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Sancerre.

I like to have the radar on on google earth. Can anyone tell me how up-to-date it is? Are we talking minutes or hours behind real time?

I am not sure about Google, but I used to watch all sorts of free radar stuff (usually about 30 mins behind at least), until I discovered NW radar. You can get this for £3.49 /month, which whilst not peanuts is great value.

PS I said to the Mrs earlier "bloody radar says it should be snowing now....oh....it is...."

Edited by in the vale

Posted

yep oh well when it comes it better be worth the wait! blink.gifwacko.gif

gonna be about 2 inches max tomorrow according to Dan the man corbett (high ground) - so not amazing - but the next fall sunday morning and the next one sunday night into monday will add significantly to that as well - so it'll start to pile upcold.gifcold.gifclap.gif

not used that one

ones I use are usually 15 mins behind

Posted

gonna be about 2 inches max tomorrow according to Dan the man corbett (high ground) - so not amazing - but the next fall sunday morning and the next one sunday night into monday will add significantly to that as well - so it'll start to pile upcold.gifcold.gifclap.gif

not used that one

I doubt that there will be alot more thawing this time of year we must remember.

Posted

not used that one

Cheers andy lets hope so but to Andy everybody join in drinks.gifdrinks.gifdrinks.gifdrinks.gifdrinks.gifdrinks.gif

Posted

The google earth one is just a layer and shows great big green "clouds". It's cool when you change your orientation as the radar sits above the earth. There's also a cloud layer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Sunny days 25C Autumn/Spring: Rain and storms Winter:Snow

WOW VERY heavy snow at the moment in mid Wales !!! Suddenly there's already 1-2 inches and snow is still falling - giant flakes, why weren't we warned about this? the roads are hazardous here!

Posted

I doubt that there will be alot more thawing this time of year we must remember.

I didn't get too much thawing today and the sun was out quite a bit especially this morning - as long as there is not too much time between the falls - it will pile up

Posted

I am not sure about Google, but I used to watch all sorts of free radar stuff (usually about 30 mins behind at least), until I discovered NW radar. You can get this for £3.49 /month, which whilst not peanuts is great value.

PS I said to the Mrs earlier "bloody radar says it should be snowing now....oh....it is...."

Nice advert for NW radar. Are you on commission? What sort of discount do you get? I might plug it myself if it's a significant saving!!

Looking forward to next week - even Cardiff might see some tidy snow drinks.gif