Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Coldie!

Well me and my wife have both come down with a nasty fever and can barely move.

So i might miss any snow outside being stuck here under the duvet on the sofa! If i'm still here downstairs later i might muster some energy to open the curtains!

Poor you and Mrs Gord!

Mind you, there is something nice about being tucked up in bed/on the sofa when it's all wintry outside!

Posted

Well me and my wife have both come down with a nasty fever and can barely move.

So i might miss any snow outside being stuck here under the duvet on the sofa! If i'm still here downstairs later i might muster some energy to open the curtains!

get well soon :good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Does anyone know when the latest NAE comes out as I thought that it would be out at around 10pm???

Indeed it should be. Lets hope it appears soon!

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

The NAE 18z still isnt out and the NMM wont work properly on Netweather right now. No good for short term forecasting. :nonono:

Posted

Thank you for your kind wishes, me and my wife have broken our vow of not falling ill at the same time. Our household is currently down and useless!

I can get a good view of the lamposts on the main road from my side of the bed.

You have to treat every snowfall as if its the last of the winter now..this time last year we had had our last here. Though 2 years ago we hadn't had our first proper one yet at this stage!

Good luck everyone once again!

Posted

The NAE 18z still isnt out and the NMM wont work properly on Netweather right now. No good for short term forecasting. :pardon:

any one know why or when we can see these?

Posted

Reports from Ireland of massive Flakes with 2 inches in 30 minutes!

We dont often get big flakes here for some reason. Thursday's were tiny after a few hours of small-moderate ones.

Posted

Just been having a nose around and looks like the PPN is currently over wales(ish)!!!! oooooo, wish it would speed up and get here, then slow down and just sit above us all for a few hours!!! lol!!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Got down to about -3c here now. Plenty cold enough. Off to bed now, and when I wake I expect a foot of snow...

Posted

Got down to about -3c here now. Plenty cold enough. Off to bed now, and when I wake I expect a foot of snow...

Low expectations then. :)

Posted

Hmm. Looks like a little bit more of snow perhaps...

Current Temp: -6C

It always seems colder here in the "Middle Of Nowhere Stourbridge and Halesowen"...

Also, I think that any precip. will reach us about an hour before the BBC says.

Edited by Hailsowen

Posted

Temp profiles look good for widespread snow, the west Midlands should well be waking up to an inch or two, some places may well get lucky and possibly get a little more because the front is quite strong at the moment plus its got quite a good wrap around feature going on already as can be seen over Ireland right now on the radar.

As for the East, as with other parts down the east coast, much is going to depend on exactly what time the front arrives at, I'd say as long as you've got it before 9am starting you shouldn't have a problem getting it to settle.

Edited by kold weather

Posted

Recently Updated BBC Maps look good for here this morning and an improvement for Monday too. One to watch.

Posted

well i went to bed for a couple of hours and just woke up feeling a bit better but too hot instead of cold now. Which must mean i'm getting better as i am wearing 3 layers, a dressing gown and my winter hat under 2 duvets! I was stone cold before!

Anyway, thought i'd come downstairs and look at the situation. I have to admit its looking better than i thought it would. However, snow seems to find it hard to settle in this part of Stourbridge recently. Hopefully it shouldn't be a problem as theres a good frost out there.

My head is pounding now....need water!

Posted

well i went to bed for a couple of hours and just woke up feeling a bit better but too hot instead of cold now. Which must mean i'm getting better as i am wearing 3 layers, a dressing gown and my winter hat under 2 duvets! I was stone cold before!

Anyway, thought i'd come downstairs and look at the situation. I have to admit its looking better than i thought it would. However, snow seems to find it hard to settle in this part of Stourbridge recently. Hopefully it shouldn't be a problem as theres a good frost out there.

My head is pounding now....need water!

Get better soon. All should be fine for settling snow tonight. I think you must have had more rain or snow that wasnt heavy enough on Thursday.

Posted

Recently Updated BBC Maps look good for here this morning and an improvement for Monday too. One to watch.

Yep that would be the 18z NAE that is on display there, as you can see very similar to the 12z for Monday which good to see, looks like pretty much exactly the same places who get nailed with snow on Thursday get it again...

Turning into quite a snowy spell for some parts of the Midlands when you think about it!

Also the snow band looks nice and healthy, the front may be a touch further north then was progged looking at the high resolution radar. The other very good thing is temps are dropping away very well ahead of the front which is a grand sign.

I think therefore odds are looking very good for some settling snow, most areas are probably looking at 3-6cms but some obvously could get more depending on the exact evolution, esp as it has some very potent parts to it, I wouldn't be all that surprised to see some 10cms reports coming in either.

ohmy.gifohmy.gifohmy.gif

I am gobsmacked by this post for two reasons one you are happy with the weather for once tease.gif and two mainly that you are expecting a foot of snow, WOW!, i hope i get anywhere near to that much,i think i`ll stay awake this morning and wait for it to come in biggrin.gif

Edited by Eugene

Posted

Hereford looks in line at the moment for some of the heavier precip unless the whole lot shifts northwards, temps are marginal south of the heavy bands working eastwards through central southern Wales at the moment, however even there with heavy precip it should be snow for the next 6-8hrs or so until temps become too marginal during the mid morning hours.

Still looking good, some areas of course will do better then others but a general 4-7cms IMO covers whats likely quite well, conditions shouldn't be too marginal bar maybe the very far south of the region but the wind direction from the SE is a big help in this evolution, so I don't think there is much to fret about other then amounts on the ground.