Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

I still think it looks an hour ahead of it's time. Perhaps that's a good thing, as temps will be low enough for it to start with.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Now snowing here in Bewdley. Very light and teeny tiny flakes, but lamp-post watch has done the trick. Temp -0.6°C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

A balmy -0.3°C here in Bewdley, but like with others it's settling instantly, so we now have a nice white dusting on the roads again. :)

Posted

Say, all this is arriving quite alot earlier than forecast. So much for the reliability short-term forecasting then... :)

Also, I'd think that there's more chance of the classic large flakes this time around as there's heavier precip with lower temps. The winning mix, of course.

EDIT:

It's a blizzard out there, Jeff!

Chris-Kamara-150.jpg

I usually find the "night watch" horrible, especially on a weekend, but this has made it all different. Watching the Winter Olympics and this just outside is fantastic.

EDIT 2:

Just Head&Shoulders out there now. But that heavy spell shot here gave an inch in an hour and shot here straight up to S.F.7.

Also, Stourbridge Road is absolutely covered. Doesn't happen often, but when it does it shows how heavy this is.

Edited by Hailsowen

Posted

sky has gone nyc and orange n leicester.can anybody from the west midlands fill me in as i c the snow band has reached there.whistling.gif

Just one phrase: It is very very very heavy. I could class it even higher than "Very Heavy Snow" here right now. Perhaps close to extremely heavy. If this carried on for a hour it would be feet of snow. A tyre track made no less than a minute ago has simply vanished.

Edited by Hailsowen

Posted

Steady snow falling here, good couple of cms on the ground.

Posted

Just one phrase: It is very very very heavy. I could class it even higher than "Very Heavy Snow" here right now. Perhaps close to extremely heavy. If this carried on for a hour it would be feet of snow. A tyre track made no less than a minute ago has simply vanished.

wohooo!!shiuld be here any minute then.hoping for at least 5cm.current temp -1rolleyes.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

If it was windy it would be a true Blizzard right now. Large flakes. :) Excellent. Meto mentioning risk of travel disruption on Monday and the outlook remains the chance of snow. :)

Posted

Absolutely chucked it down a little while ago, with big flakes, but now back to the teeny tiny stuff. Radar suggests no more serious snow now, so nowhere near Dec 2000 levels (the best "band from the west" snow I can remember here) but I don't mind. Everything looks white again - well, orange - and all's right with the world.

Posted

Still in the early dusting stages here, heavier stuff due to hit me soon, though it looks like I might not get the heaviest stuff that some others have gotten, time will tell.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

HUGE Flakes right now! Brilliant!

Posted

HUGE Flakes right now! Brilliant!

Same here again.

Nothing like the "crisis-level" snow earlier. The lampost was almost invisible! Couldn't see across the road at all...

Edited by Hailsowen

Posted

Same here again.

Nothing like the "crisis-level" snow earlier. The lampost was almost invisible!

Ours was worse here this time. Could barely see the other side of the road briefly!

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

Hooray,just started here now, 4.53am god what am i doing up at this time. temps -2.7 and snow flakes are quite large, falling on to solid frozen ground instant white covering, best way for snowfall to happen. :yahoo: As i type it just gets heavier.

Posted

It's been a nice night, hasn't it? Although it's leaving us now and retreating over to the east. Roll on the next front.

Edited by Hailsowen

Posted

Ours was worse here this time. Could barely see the other side of the road briefly!

Now very small flakes. :yahoo:

Should start easing off with perhaps a few snow showers a little later. Very nice watch indeed. :)

Posted

sure has been a nice morning, looks like i've got plenty more snow to come. I think rugby training at 10.00am will be cancelled. To be replaced by sledging

Posted

4 Inches is the magic number over here. Maybe take more than a few hours of the february sun to melt...

Meanwhile, support growing in strength for an event tommorrow.

Edited by Hailsowen

Posted

Big flakes again. Radar suggests it would be light now. :)

EDIT: Radar suggests its developing on the back edge. More showery stuff behind too. :yahoo:

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

Absolate whiteout here in stoke. Could pan out to be one of the best of this winter. Easily 10cm around these ends!

Absolate whiteout here in stoke. Could pan out to be one of the best of this winter. Easily 10cm around these ends!