Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Everywhere is covered here and the heaviest of the band is just about to hit :yahoo: Could be a good 3 inches of snow from this, I expected this to deliver and it has done.

Posted

Absolate whiteout here in stoke. Could pan out to be one of the best of this winter. Easily 10cm around these ends!

Absolate whiteout here in stoke. Could pan out to be one of the best of this winter. Easily 10cm around these ends!

Sounds great Isaac, I'm envious. Rain here along the M4 corridor.

Posted

Certainly some of the most impressive flake sizes Ive seen this winter. If it hadnt been moving so quickly I could have reached very interesting depths, as it is Im already back to having as much snow laying as there was after the many hours of snow on Thursday. I might get a little bit more heavy stuff from some stuff lurking behind the main band so Im off to stare out of the window.

Groovy, at last an event that was worth staying up for.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Certainly some of the most impressive flake sizes Ive seen this winter. If it hadnt been moving so quickly I could have reached very interesting depths, as it is Im already back to having as much snow laying as there was after the many hours of snow on Thursday. I might get a little bit more heavy stuff from some stuff lurking behind the main band so Im off to stare out of the window.

Groovy, at last an event that was worth staying up for.

Agreed :yahoo: Just had a 50p size flake shower that lasted 10 minutes and now it's back to small flakes coming down fast. Another heavy blob over Nuneaton that you just got is about to hit Leicester again soon so we should see 50p size flake intensity part 2 :)

An inch so far/

I expect 2 inches out of this, maybe 3 if the showers coming in behind hit us in a few hours.

Posted

Dont believe it, 0.9C and it was falling as rain here in Bucks! Chucking it down, it was only a few hours ago that there was a pretty hard frost! damn! :yahoo: lol amazing don't u think? British weather eh!!! :)

Posted

WOW :yahoo: Just got up because I could not sleep and :) Not seen snow like this all winter, when all around us have been reporting megga snow fall we have had snivvels and frosts and sleeet but this, this is amazing, totally white all over and the size of the flakes is tremendous.

I think they have turned the local power station off and the snow has taken a gross advantage :) Even the size of the flakes are like ones I have not seen in years.

Just wondering - if it's like this here in low Beeston, Nottingham, what's it like for my brother up in the heights of Sutton in Ashfield!

Edited by Karen

Posted

Staying over in Mansfield area this weekend, been snowing for past hour or so. Very light at first but coming down nicely now. Probably got 3cm or so at the mo. Driving back up north this afternoon so should be an interesting trip!

Posted

Staying over in Mansfield area this weekend, been snowing for past hour or so. Very light at first but coming down nicely now. Probably got 3cm or so at the mo. Driving back up north this afternoon so should be an interesting trip!

sorry for the double post. Damn phones lol. Just to say to Karen am staying near Sutton and it,s now belting it down. About 2 inch snow now and rising!

Posted

Derby's had a pasting (well it is for us) bout 2 inches overnight woohoo although temps just slightly over 0 deg. Prob stat to turn to rain and melt in day time temps

Posted

Derby's had a pasting (well it is for us) bout 2 inches overnight woohoo although temps just slightly over 0 deg. Prob stat to turn to rain and melt in day time temps

Yes indeed, this is by far our biggest snowfall of winter so far.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

looks great out there, everything white, looks like most of it went to my north, but have around 1 inch, hope it doesnt melt too quickly

Posted

just started snowing again, just flurry as main band passed to my NE

coming down heavy now, great stuff

Edited by mark forster 630

Posted

where is everyone? still snowing well here loads of flakes but now smaller maybe coming on for 2 inches!

but sadly not a foot like robert!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Non event here tbh. About 1cm lying on top here which is thawing rapidly. Not sure what it would have been like an hour or so ago.

Posted

How is the snow in Leicester? I'm away for the weekend and would be gutted if you've had the best snow all winter! It's raining in Herts!

Edited by Tommyd1258

Posted

How is the snow in Leicester? I'm away for the weekend and would be gutted if you've had the best snow all winter! It's raining in Herts!

Looks like about 4-5cms from this mornings snow here, but there was a full cover already existing on any north facing areas of grass. If we dont get much melt today then tommorow we could be up to the 10cms mark (in places) quite easily if the nmm model is correct.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

good inch and a half to two inches in redditch ,

Pitty about stratford , it misses everythin cause its very low ground , the fustration i have casue i work there is unreal knowing 20min up the road its a complete different story.