Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scottish Cold Spell Discussion

NorthernRab

Posted

So the big question is the front now stalling further north and we in central belt getting warmer temps? that is how i see it on the charts but is anyone else seeing the same?

I do think that the front is inching north and that will slowly introduce slightly warmer temps. I think this will be more apparent to the east of the central belt due to the angle that the front is moving so further west may fare a little better over the next few hours.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW :-D

So the big question is the front now stalling further north and we in central belt getting warmer temps? that is how i see it on the charts but is anyone else seeing the same?

Is that good or bad, it is snowing again, but for how long??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

I think its not good if your nearer sea level and the coast (especially the east) as the snow could well change to rain or suffer a lot of melt.

Further inland would be better and with better elevation than me you would be ok.

The front is due to slide south again so we have more to come.

Edited by snowy owl

Posted

This should stay as snow through today... turning to rain in Edinburgh/SE Scotland overnight, but stay as snow elsewhere.

Places further west and north could see this lasting till Friday, with a renewed snow risk even here by then!

It's a very messy snowfall here... coming down thick and fast horizontally on a strong easterly, but there are lots of drips. Not nice fluffy snow to be playing out in!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

06z ensembles still look on the chilly side

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Still snowing here, it looks like around 4/5". Starting to slide down the windows tho' Temps 1.1c also dew points 1.1c with an ENE wind.

Edited by Blitzen

Posted
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy

If it continues to snow like this for 36 hours, the roads will slowly but gradually grind to a halt, in my opinion... Then it'll be total manic... Or am I just slowly going mad?? laugh.gif

Aye SM, prolonged snaw can have that effect on a lowlander tease.gifrofl.gif

Big Innes.

Posted

More drip drip drip here. still light snow falling but now on very wet slushier surfaces. :lol:

Posted

Right then peeps,

It's lunch time noo so whit's happening oot N' aboot wi a' the snaw then cc_confused.gif

Still snowing here at work in West Lothian, although it's of the wet variety and not really amounting to much (approx 1.5 cms for a full mornings snaw faw) whistling.gif

I expect it to be pretty deep back hame by noo though, making it an interesting drive later good.gif

Big Innes

Edited by Big Innes Madori

Just back in from my walk :80: Epic walk!! Not that much snow, but it was coming in sideways. I am in the process of loading up pics and hopefully some video to the big computer. Still coming down outside. Thick fluffy snow up the cycle track and on grassy surfaces, thawing on the trees/cars/roads in the village though. So marginal but very much the right side at the moment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW :-D

It's now +2c its not looking good :80: still light sleet/snow but it will prob be rain soon :80:, can't see us getting 5cm now never mind 50cm.

Edited by Allyw12

It's now +2c its not looking good :80: still light sleet/snow but it will prob be rain soon :80::80:, can't see us getting 5cm now never mind 50cm.

The weather warning does say "over higher ground in the north and east" which doesn't suggest Perth (central and lowland) to me (sorry!) :cray:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Blizzards, Storms, Sun, Lightening

Just back in from my walk :80: Epic walk!! Not that much snow, but it was coming in sideways. I am in the process of loading up pics and hopefully some video to the big computer. Still coming down outside. Thick fluffy snow up the cycle track and on grassy surfaces, thawing on the trees/cars/roads in the village though. So marginal but very much the right side at the moment.

Isn't this front supposed to reload later today/tonight and the temperatures will be lower than they currently are so we should probably have our main accumulation in the near future?

Isn't this front supposed to reload later today/tonight and the temperatures will be lower than they currently are so we should probably have our main accumulation in the near future?

I don't know. The front does seem to moving north at a rate which suggests about 2 hours more snow (or sleet or rain) here (maximum).

Posted

1 inch of snow in over seven hours of snowfall...wtf? Pathetic really. Not worth talking about. Hmmm.

I think you need tae change yer bad altitude Mondy dry.gifrofl.gif

Big Innes

Posted

Just checked in with her indoors and reporting 3" so far with no let up in sight. :80:

I on the other hand am sitting at Yorkhill watching huge flakes blow around but not really settling.

Edited by Cheggers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Blizzards, Storms, Sun, Lightening

I don't know. The front does seem to moving north at a rate which suggests about 2 hours more snow (or sleet or rain) here (maximum).

Sorry Catch I meant when it turns back to go south. I think that will be later today/tonight. Anyone clarify this in more detail?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

I forgot about that! That would be great if that happened because we have a good 6" here now. I can see the occasional drip but it is still snowing although not as heavy as earlier. Will listen to the 1.30 forecast on News 24 to get a better idea.