Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scottish Cold Spell Discussion

NorthernRab

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Blizzards, Storms, Sun, Lightening

I forgot about that! That would be great if that happened because we have a good 6" here now. I can see the occasional drip but it is still snowing although not as heavy as earlier. Will listen to the 1.30 forecast on News 24 to get a better idea.

You'll need to update us on what they say! :80:

Does anyone know anything about compressing video files so that they are not 13MB?? Or will I just upload them anyway?

You have to download a compression software so probably better just uploading :80:

Posted

Does anyone know anything about compressing video files so that they are not 13MB?? Or will I just upload them anyway?

http://avs4you.com/Guides/How-to-reduce-the-source-video-file-size-using-AVS-Video-Converter.aspx?type=GoogleAdWordsSearch&gclid=CI_Z0ZGIi6ACFRhp4wodCi_meQ

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm dry summers

Has been snowing here since I left for work at 0430 and quite moderate it is too, but I'll have to echo the other reports, still only have about an inch or 2.5cm of the wet variety, that really is poor for 9hrs snow.

Hope the temp drops tonight and the front decides to go south again or we are screwed.

SS2

Posted
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy

Right then peeps,

It's lunch time noo so whit's happening oot N' aboot wi a' the snaw then cc_confused.gif

Still snowing here at work in West Lothian, although it's of the wet variety and not really amounting to much (approx 1.5 cms for a full mornings snaw faw) whistling.gif

I expect it to be pretty deep back hame by noo though, making it an interesting drive later good.gif

Aye, it's yersell Innes closedeyes.gif

No sure, but I think that Blitzen mentioned that there was aboot 6" o' snaw in L'gelly shok.gif

You mind yersell drivin hame then Innes doh.gif

Big Innes

Posted

Just looked out front, there's maybe a good 2" on the ground, not bad with just moderate stuff I guess. Got a feeling this may be the last of the snow until the end of the year, unless we get lucky in March... which has happened a lot in recent years!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Now stopped snowing here and rain has started. melting well underway. such a shame after such constant snowfall today!

Looks like highland and grampian will be ok though - keep us posted and piccies too! I am very jealous :80:

I will try to get round to it later, but I started fogging over when I saw "download this..."

Still snowing here, quite a fall of snow now. I would estimate between 3 and 5 inches depending where you measure it. When I was out for my walk there were 3 inches on the ground on the cycle track and that was a while ago now.

BBC Scotland forecast going for snow until midnight here, then rain tomorrow. If it snows until midnight without too much more of the thaw going on then I'll be on 6-10 inches of snow :80:

I think you need tae change yer bad altitude Mondy dry.gifrofl.gif

Big Innes

:80:

I think a lot of people need a change of altitude, if only the whole of Scotland was 1000ft higher....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Well we are undergoing isostatic rebound although not many of us will live long enough to benefit from its effects! (Good job too!)

Just bits of slush left here, temp/dp 2.9/0.9 and now falling back again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

You'll need to update us on what they say! :)

Basically, we keep what we've got for 48hrs. They are a bit shakey with the graphics tho' It looks as if Edinburgh,Fife,

Glasgow and all areas north keep the status quo but Edinburgh, Fife are out of that equasion overnight. It was difficult to tell if we stay dry or if it turns to rain. Further west is best tho' They didn't speak about the front returning south only about it staying put. Snow is heavier again here now. It definitely looked like rain for us in my area on Friday tho'.

Edited by Blitzen

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Sorry Innes, didn't notice your post. Snow is heavier here again but with your elevation, (sorry, I don't know how else to phrase that! :) ) I think you will indeed have a very tricky drive home. Will keep you posted tho'

Sorry Innes, didn't notice your post. Snow is heavier here again but with your elevation, (sorry, I don't know how else to phrase that! :lol: ) I think you will indeed have a very tricky drive home. Will keep you posted tho'

Just keep him away from the Stoory Midori :) and we'll all be fine :)

Posted

Sorry Innes, didn't notice your post. Snow is heavier here again but with your elevation, (sorry, I don't know how else to phrase that! laugh.gif ) I think you will indeed have a very tricky drive home. Will keep you posted tho'

Cheers Blitzengood.gif

Big Innes.

Posted

Just keep him away from the Stoory Midori bad.gif and we'll all be fine good.gif

Mmmm,

Enough o' that talk noo Naveed rofl.gif

Noo where's they wee neds aggressive.gif

Big Innes

Edited by Big Innes Madori

Being the terrible  bad predictor that I am, what do other people think will happen later? Continuous snow? Snow becomes Rain? 

I'm just interested to see what other people think  :)

Can I join your club?? I posted an hour and forty-five minutes ago that the snow/sleet/rain had a maximum of two hours to go. So unless the precip shifts 40+ miles in less than 15 minutes, I will be proved wronger than a wrong mistake.

Posted

Can I join your club?? I posted an hour and forty-five minutes ago that the snow/sleet/rain had a maximum of two hours to go. So unless the precip shifts 40+ miles in less than 15 minutes, I will be proved wronger than a wrong mistake.

Sure, the more the merrier...  :lol:

Temp currently at 1.6C and DP at exactly the same...  :)

Posted

Home in Stirling - 2deg now and peeing down with rain.

We'll not be seeing anymore snow here now...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Wrong side of marginal here too now. 1.6 C and drip drip drip.

The ground is white, but only by 1-2 inches. Damn front northgraded to much.

Still, it seems to have stalled maybe - please can it come back over bringing snow with cold air behind.....

edit: according to the BBC, that's not happening until friday. Oh well, have 3 meeting at work the morn so I guess that's not so bad in some ways

Edited by scottish skier