Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

General Storm Discussion Thread

Coast

Posted

:)something brewing North/ East no action at all not one storm this year!!!!! fingers crossed anything comeing this way????

Posted

As it's all coming towards you from all sides may be this will be the

PERFECT STORM

hi Andy Im hoping that it takes its time and intensifies with lightning..

according to this morning weather they will go through the night here...if this hasnt changed..

just counted 5 Anvils...nearly all sides.. :D

asoon as I get a nice shot will take photo

Edited by Pat Carter

Posted

Managed to sneak out to my rain gauge in a lighter time of rain (pouring again now) and it has 18mm in there

which means, taking off the 5mm from earlier, that there was just over half an inch in under half an hour.

Posted

Yet another CZ Setting Up - This time down the East Coast extending down from Norfolk to Coastal Essex - Be on the lookout in these areas for CZ Funnels esp moreso near the Coastal Waters of Frinton/Walton/Southwold etc

I am stuck in London but hopefully can get back whilst it is still backbuilding down the coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Its really getting quite sticky round here now.

Temp 22c

Clouds closing in, Some looking quite angry.

Fingers crossed that it doesnt all slip around us like last time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

an active day :D hard to keep up with pages..

anyway had couple downpours this afternoon only short ones..

great skylines , can see all the activity w/nw of here and above some very vigorous dark bases..

Posted

hi Andy Im hoping that it takes its time and intensifies with lightning..

according to this morning weather they will go through the night here...if this hasnt changed..

just counted 5 Anvils...nearly all sides.. :D

asoon as I get a nice shot will take photo

Im really not sure how long it will all last, the 06Z NMM has everything fading out before dark.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Possible funnel cloud sighted near Market Drayton, salops around an hour ago....Marked protruding of cloud base, with a possible funnel western end of protusion/wall cloud....Dont ask for pics/videos because I was doing 80 down the M6...Would be interested to hear from any members living in the area...Just got home, the cell has died back somewhat, but I'm going to review NW radar loop for the past 2 hours... :D

Posted

quite incredible how the precipitation is showing around east anglian coast on the Meto 16:00 radar , never seen it quite as pronounced as that!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!
Posted · Hidden by Coast, July 22, 2010 - Please try and keep posts to actual storms; either seen or heard
Hidden by Coast, July 22, 2010 - Please try and keep posts to actual storms; either seen or heard

Dark stormy looking cloud coming from my north/north east, cant hear anything and havent seen anything yet but i live in hope!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

wow amazing tornado!

torro has a forecast but its got wednesday on the data but the read up looks like todays set up

:rolleyes:

Posted
Posted · Hidden by Coast, July 22, 2010 - Sean, we're trying desperately to keep this to what is happening, not what isn't mate!!!
Hidden by Coast, July 22, 2010 - Sean, we're trying desperately to keep this to what is happening, not what isn't mate!!!

Just the odd brief moderate shower here today :rolleyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

This one is to the East and the other Northwest

Those cells are electrified now Pat, looks like you're on too a winner!......they show up nicely on NW radar and check out the development on sat24 visi-sat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Humm, Looks to be dying down again now from the north...

I hope this isnt it for our chances round here..

The RR needs to pick back up!

Posted
Posted · Hidden by Coast, July 22, 2010 - Please, no non-events! We need to keep this thread to what is happening with storms!
Hidden by Coast, July 22, 2010 - Please, no non-events! We need to keep this thread to what is happening with storms!

dark clouds in winterbourne nr bristol but havent heard no thunder yet and yet siston aint that far away from me

Posted

dark clouds in winterbourne nr bristol but havent heard no thunder yet and yet siston aint that far away from me

Im suprised i heard 5 rumbles of thunder and saw 2 flashes of lightning and 1 was sheet lightning + a funnel cloud.

Anyone around bath or yate way confirm this?

Edited by TomWlx

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

quite incredible how the precipitation is showing around east anglian coast on the Meto 16:00 radar , never seen it quite as pronounced as that!

I think it's probably just coincidence that it's arced around the coastline like that- if you look closely at the radar sequence (admittedly more obvious on the N-W Extra 5 minute version than the 30 minute version) the storm over East Anglia developed some circulation of its own and the central part moved east far more quickly than the northern and southern flanks. I could see the circulation develop as the cloud approached Norwich, there were some quite spectacular twisting going on (although no funnel clouds) at the base of the cumulonimbus.

Posted

Those cells are electrified now Pat, looks like you're on too a winner!......they show up nicely on NW radar and check out the development on sat24 visi-sat

i hope so for us 2 yrs storm starved Glos lot..

just done a time lapse of a anvil...if any good will up load later..

Im glad they are moving slowly,so hopfully more potent later..

Just started to rain huge blobs here..cant here any thunder yet

Posted

The shower activity seems to be dieing off now oh well at least iv seen lightning plus a funnel :rolleyes:

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Came home to find the WS had recorded 4mm in just 4 minutes at 2.17, with a max rate of 68mm/ hour. Nice and sunny where I was 10 miles away.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/stormy

2 new cells near london / reading