Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England - Slightly Less Cold Spell Discussion Part 21

Cookie

Posted

a cold start this morning but sunny quite pleasant after the grey miserable days we have had makes a nice change.

2c.

Edited by snowwhere?

Posted

A cold and sunny morning - makes a refreshing change from sweating on the way in! Just a shame it's only a window and not a pattern change. There's more dreary mild garbage to get through before any attempt at a cold spell...

All the rain the NW had over the past 4 or 5 days, incredibly we only recorded 1.9mm over the entire period. Was mostly all dry apart from very light drizzle that didn't want to hang around.

However much of a microclimate you have, surely there's no way you could have recorded only 1.9mm on Saturday!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

A cold and sunny morning - makes a refreshing change from sweating on the way in! Just a shame it's only a window and not a pattern change. There's more dreary mild garbage to get through before any attempt at a cold spell...

However much of a microclimate you have, surely there's no way you could have recorded only 1.9mm on Saturday!

Nah I don't buy that either. I recorded 14mm, the band covered the entire region. How can 10 minutes down the road record 12mm less than me?

Posted

well been a bright day in all even though it was a bit chilly from time to to time.

current temp 3.0c

and would you beleive it as i write this im the only one on here, i cant understand it its never happened before LOL.

Edited by snowwhere?

Posted

Mushy mushy mushy. Look, either give me a bloody cold spell, which is what Winter is about. YES THAT'S RIGHT ATLANTIC. COLD.

Or give me Summer.

Posted
  • Location: Stalybridge, Eastern Greater Manchester @ 165 metres, 541 feet
  • Location: Stalybridge, Eastern Greater Manchester @ 165 metres, 541 feet

Well it's still on for now, the cold that is. My link By this time next week we *could* be under Siberian air with a strong Easterly, which 99% of the time I do great from, not sure about the snow chance in the west of the region though in terms of significance :p

Posted

Despite a dewpoint of 0C it is raining moderately here.

It is 6.1C with no 528 DAM and no sub -5C upper and the wet bulb is high above 0C so it's expected :lol:

Didn't check the forecast so I didn't think it was going to rain tonight, I thought it would be clear all day with all the sunshine we had today. :p

Posted

A much better with bright skies and some brief glimpses of sunshine. Much cooler with a slight frost first thing and temps maxing out at about 6-7 degrees. This evening became very chilly dropping close to freezing, however, the cloud is rolling in now so temps have probably bottomed out and will rise gradually in the coming hours.

Tomorrow looks a miserable dreary damp affair.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Well it's still on for now, the cold that is. My link By this time next week we *could* be under Siberian air with a strong Easterly, which 99% of the time I do great from, not sure about the snow chance in the west of the region though in terms of significance :p

I admire your optisim Jay,but unfortunatley i think the possibility of an Easterly has gone(a case of so near yet so far)i would hate to be wrong though.

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

GFS 0Z not very inspiring this morning again any shot at cold and snowy weather is out in FI

today was the day i was hoping for a change,why do we always come so close only for it to be snatched away from

us?:nonono:

Oh well there is always next year

C.S

Posted

Raining this morning with a cool light wind.

wind-N at 1mph.

humidity 100%.

not sure where we stand as far as a cold shot goes. there seems to be a lot of conflict on the MT.

Edited by snowwhere?

Posted

got up to 8c here at lunch rained til about 1.30pm, wind picked up ever so slightly.

Posted

No rain today, 9.5C atm.

Cloudy for most of the day too.

Posted

just me on here again wow im getting bored of this uneventful weather

bring on the spring. fed up with avin this crap winter now first bit GOOD second bit BAD.

Posted

Raining this morning with a cool light wind.

wind-N at 1mph.

humidity 100%.

not sure where we stand as far as a cold shot goes. there seems to be a lot of conflict on the MT.

Its a very finely balanced situation setting up by early next week - we are not far off seeing a very notable cold spell indeed, conversely we may just end up too far west and be in no-mans land - but it still looks a chilly spell is on the cards and always the threat of hill snow and frosts. It might be one of those situations where after a couple of bites at the cherry we then see a marked swing to the cold weather - the long term signals are for a quieter atlantic and this bodes well for the very cold pool to advect our way, and its still early enough to record ice days.

Posted

Yup 1.9mm is all we got. In Liverpool you could have very heavy rain there, while here it's entirely drizzle. Weather wise comparison to Liverpool, I am telling you straight out, the difference that 12 miles can make between getting heavy rain and no rain at all can be startling. Liverpool gets way more rain than out here, think they are in the 620mm range where are we are at 460mm. Compared to Liverpool it's like the desert here relatively speaking. The distance 12 miles can make can be huge weather wise, even down to a couple of miles away.

Despite a dewpoint of 0C it is raining moderately here.

It is 6.1C with no 528 DAM and no sub -5C upper and the wet bulb is high above 0C so it's expected :lol:

Didn't check the forecast so I didn't think it was going to rain tonight, I thought it would be clear all day with all the sunshine we had today. :p

You had 0C not sure if you got lower, but we peaked at 3.5C and it rose a little to 4.1C then later it rose to it's max value. See, the difference a couple of miles can make?

Location location location. The heavy rain was to our west, and the other showery stuff was to our east and you where on it's most western flank at the time..we just had grey

skies, and a very small amount of drizzle.

Its a very finely balanced situation setting up by early next week - we are not far off seeing a very notable cold spell indeed, conversely we may just end up too far west and be in no-mans land - but it still looks a chilly spell is on the cards and always the threat of hill snow and frosts. It might be one of those situations where after a couple of bites at the cherry we then see a marked swing to the cold weather - the long term signals are for a quieter atlantic and this bodes well for the very cold pool to advect our way, and its still early enough to record ice days.

Not a rosy picture today regarding ECM, in fact it's quite the opposite of what we've seen..still only one run, so I am not remotely getting my hopes up. In fact the GFS as backed away completely which shouldn't be any surprise. It's still very messy, but the longer things stand the more likely it is we'll be stuck under the azores high.

Edited by HotCuppa

Posted
Yup 1.9mm is all we got. In Liverpool you could have very heavy rain there, while here it's entirely drizzle. Weather wise comparison to Liverpool, I am telling you straight out, the difference that 12 miles can make between getting heavy rain and no rain at all can be startling. Liverpool gets way more rain than out here, think they are in the 620mm range where are we are at 460mm. Compared to Liverpool it's like the desert here relatively speaking. The distance 12 miles can make can be huge weather wise, even down to a couple of miles away.

So Hale is drier than the driest place in Britain? That honour goes to St Osyth in Essex, averaging 507mm per annum:

http://www.stosyth.gov.uk/default.asp?calltype=drybritain

Liverpool is somewhere in the 750-800mm range.

Posted

6c here and we might get some cold weather if we stop calling our thread slightly less cold discussion nobody else has changed theres apart from ALBA scotland. LOL.

Edited by snowwhere?

Posted

6c here and we might get some cold weather if we stop calling our thread slightly less cold discussion nobody else has changed theres apart from ALBA scotland. LOL.

Cold Westerly incoming soon. Should bring some snow showers to Western areas including us.

-5/-6C uppers, pretty good for directly from the Atlantic.

Edited by Backtrack

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

The GME starting to roll out. Out to T30 and its not good news. The atlantic LP considerably further north. Azores high ridging towards the euro postion a lot quicker ready for the death rattle. The final rights are being written im afraid after the mornings dreadful output. sorry to be the bearer of bad news..

Edited by feb1991blizzard

Posted

The GME? Sorry but who cares about the GME? It's a lesser model.

Pay attention to the UKMO, ECM and GFS.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

The GME? Sorry but who cares about the GME? It's a lesser model.

Pay attention to the UKMO, ECM and GFS.

Continuing with the trend of the other models. It looks like the final nail in the coffin today. Watch the GFS and the ECM tonight trend away even more from cold.

Plus im sure any model is capable of modelling upto T48. Im not too sure i would take its 120 output too seriously though admittedly.

GME Didnt finish off too bad -6 uppers over us for a while.

Edited by feb1991blizzard

Posted

load o cr*p again no cold spell for us.

current temp 6c.

i also appologize for my french.

Edited by snowwhere?