Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The No Storms Club 2011/2012

Jane Louise

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

I am no longer in the No Storms Club as there was a very distant rumble of thunder to the west of Norwich on the 11th June. Rather pitiful, but it still means that I'm out of the club!

Do you call that a storm? :lol:

One distant rumble wouldn't have just meant joining a frustration club rather than leaving a storm one. :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Morning all,:) I'm not fully awake yet so do excuse me if my post doesn't make sense lol.

In my opinion I would like to say that a rumble of thunder in no way consistsof a storm for this club.

Yes, I know Wikipedia and others sources may state one rumble of a thunder and one flash of lightning is a storm but for this club it has to be at least more then 3 rumbles and flashes at least. Maybe I should edit the title.:doh:

Posted

Well I've only had two rummbles of thunder and no lightning this year, am I in the club or not? :unknw:

Posted

Well I've only had two rummbles of thunder and no lightning this year, am I in the club or not? :unknw:

Yes! Coast, sadly I'm afraid you are.:(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Same here.....one flash and a bang - not really much of a storm so I guess I'm in the club rolleyes.gif

I did have a 51% storm risk for Thursday evening but even that seems to have reduced now cray.gif

Posted

Yes! Coast, sadly I'm afraid you are.:(

Well I'm going to Farnborough on Thursday so maybe I'll follow some of this potential around until I get a storm!!! Mind you, I'm not doing 17,000 miles like the NW team have in the States!! :nonono:

Posted

And.....sadly I must resign from the NSC, just had a discrete cell pop up from nothing, two good CGs and some very loud thunder yahoo.gif It's the little blob just now to the north of Norwich, literally went from nothing to something in 20 minutes :D

These cells seem so isolated and pulse/decrease very rapidly. Still in the club myself but hoping to get out of it this week. Chance Wednesday or Thursday.

Posted

No thunderstorms in Derbyshire Peak District this year.

Saw distant lightning on May 6th.

Heard three rumbles, saw two flashes (inc. a good CG) on May 9th.

Heard two distant rumbles on June 8th.

Otherwise bugger all. Funnily enough, it's actually doing better than least year even with five rumbles. This place stinks for storms. We get about 5 thunder days per year.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Morning all,:) I'm not fully awake yet so do excuse me if my post doesn't make sense lol.

In my opinion I would like to say that a rumble of thunder in no way consistsof a storm for this club.

Yes, I know Wikipedia and others sources may state one rumble of a thunder and one flash of lightning is a storm but for this club it has to be at least more then 3 rumbles and flashes at least. Maybe I should edit the title.:doh:

In that case I'm very much still in the club- I think the rumble I heard must have been from the same thunderstorm that Norfolk Sheep noted but the electrical activity fizzled out as it approached Norwich and passed to the north as a decaying shower, hence only one rumble.

I think this sort of definition of "storm" from a No Storms Club perspective does make sense- it's like the way an accumulation of snow doesn't constitute a "snow day" unless it covers at least 50% of the ground (something which I agree with, as a dusting which covers 20% of the ground often falls into the "you're having a laugh" category).

Posted

I can gladly give up my membership of this club, several IC lightning strikes and some decent thunder. Maybe not a great storm (more lightning, thunder torrential rain and hail would of been preferred :whistling: ) but a storm nevertheless!

Posted

No storm here again grrrrrrr :rolleyes::lazy::cray:

I seen a couple of anvils and plenty of convection and it STILL didn't deliver!

I even tried reverse psychology , pretended I didn't care if I got a storm and still nothing.:huh:

The way 2011 is going I'm going to be stuck in this club all year just like every year before that.:doh::(

Posted

No storm here again grrrrrrr :rolleyes::lazy::cray:

I seen a couple of anvils and plenty of convection and it STILL didn't deliver!

I even tried reverse psychology , pretended I didn't care if I got a storm and still nothing.:huh:

The way 2011 is going I'm going to be stuck in this club all year just like every year before that.:doh::(

pretty much the same here, some torrential downpours....

but still in the club :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Still here...didn't even get the torrential downpours...in fact a pretty non descript cloudy, cool and breezy day.:wallbash:

Posted

Hi all. :)

If and I mean IF we get this Spanish plume early next week and it becomes widespread I do NOT want to see anymore members in here.:girl_devil::wallbash::whistling:

Posted

i'm going to become a Viking and pray to Thor!!!

I'm always doing that but still I have no luck :lol: I was thinking of doing a rain dance until I seen this:

A freak lightning storm during a Pueblo Zuni Rain Dance injured four people when a bolt of lightning struck a tin shed used for storing fuel and dry goods. Although the tribe’s leadership continues to investigate the exact sequence of events, eye witness reports indicate that the strike ignited the contents of the shack, resulting in an explosion substantial enough to damage three structures and send four dancers to the hospital with 2nd and 3rd degree burns.:o

http://www.muckflash.com/?p=365

Posted

I'm always doing that but still I have no luck :lol: I was thinking of doing a rain dance until I seen this:

A freak lightning storm during a Pueblo Zuni Rain Dance injured four people when a bolt of lightning struck a tin shed used for storing fuel and dry goods. Although the tribe’s leadership continues to investigate the exact sequence of events, eye witness reports indicate that the strike ignited the contents of the shack, resulting in an explosion substantial enough to damage three structures and send four dancers to the hospital with 2nd and 3rd degree burns.:o

http://www.muckflash.com/?p=365

I'd take the pain for a decent storm!!!

Posted

I'd take the pain for a decent storm!!!

Some how I don't think I would :lol:. If these storms do occur next week I'm staying home.Usually I'd go camping but definitely not with the charts looking as they are now.:wacko:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Hi all. :)

If and I mean IF we get this Spanish plume early next week and it becomes widespread I do NOT want to see anymore members in here.:girl_devil::wallbash::whistling:

AWW NO FAIR you make us feel like we are wanted here

Posted
  • Location: Reading/West Berkshire/South Oxfordshire/Tilehurst border. (Purley-on-Thames)
  • Location: Reading/West Berkshire/South Oxfordshire/Tilehurst border. (Purley-on-Thames)

Looks like Im staying for the foreseeble future. :help::lazy::whistling:

Posted

I have that same feeling, Skyscape.

If recent Spanish plumes, (Circa 2007) are anything to go by then I shall, I shall not be moved! It's that dang Solihull shield. But we'll see. :)

Phil.

Edited by Phil UK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Finally out of the No Storms Club, the irony being that I had to go up to Tyne and Wear to get out of it! A potent cell passed just to the SE of Cleadon with 5 rumbles of thunder, and there may well be more to come later.

Posted

Well done Tws :)

My only hope is for tomorrow and it looks quite promising. I wish everybody luck who's stuck here in the club that something may crop up tomorrow your way .

Good luck hope to see you all leaving by Tuesday.:drunk:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Good luck hope to see you all leaving by Tuesday.:drunk:

Ha, you won't get rid of us that easily Jane Louse....

post-10773-0-72312700-1309166874_thumb.j

.......we will just re name the club drinks.gif