Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The No Storms Club 2011/2012

Jane Louise

Posted

Sorry guys n gals but our days will come. :whistling:

This is pretty much my attitude. It may be days, weeks, months or years, but I know I'll get to see storms in the future. In the meantime I've got plenty other enjoyable things to do with my time. Life goes on. :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

I will officially be leaving the club after yesterday. I sort of left last month when we had a mini storm, but didn't really feel it was enough to leave properly.

Posted

:cray: Awww, and there I was hoping that most of us would of upped and left the NSC today, but no such luck as always we still remain here. Surely we can all be out by the end of the year? But how many times have I said that grrrrrrrrr

{ It really makes me wonder if I'm jinxing it each time I say that }

Anyway, I wonder when the next lot of storms are ?.:doh::unsure::wallbash:

Irrational as it is, I think nearly every storm fan wonders sometimes if they "jinx" their own chances. It's human nature. Last year in Ontario we had so many busts that I tried to tone down my excitement and refused to discuss storm potential with my partner or online, or look at radar, in the superstitious hopes of improving my chances.... and it still busted! And when we did get storms, I didn't notice any particular habit in my behaviour that helped precipitate them.....

So the long and the short of it is, I'm pretty sure we have nothing to do with what happens, but I know the feeling. lol. :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Very slight chance i will be leaving today but i wont hold my breath

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

It's all in the East today just light rain for me.:cray::rolleyes: We will get our turn plenty of time left yet!:nonono::wallbash:

Posted

If I don't hear some thunder today (and it's not likely I will), I think this will be my first thunderless June ever. Boo! lol. :p

Here's hoping July and/or August have better things to offer. :)

Posted

Good luck who still in no storm club

It's all in the East today just light rain for me.:cray::rolleyes: We will get our turn plenty of time left yet!:nonono::wallbash:

o dear jane you still in the no storm club :cray:

Posted

If I don't hear some thunder today (and it's not likely I will), I think this will be my first thunderless June ever. Boo! lol. :p

Here's hoping July and/or August have better things to offer. :)

Good luck Eabie :D I expect you to hand in your membership later that's providing you get lucky.:whistling:

Good luck who still in no storm club

o dear jane you still in the no storm club :cray:

Sadly stu, yes!:nonono:

Wishing you good luck for today as I see the storms are popping up your way.:)

Posted

It's been cloudy and humid here with no breeze for the past couple of days! ( Not the kind of weather I like) and where, oh where are the storms.:( I'd even be grateful for a respite of rain and wind for a few days. Hopefully July will be a good month for thunderstorms but I see nothing for the near future as yet! There is a mention from ECM for thundery showers next week but I doubt it'll happen here.

I really miss all the great storms we had going back about 5 years ago. It now seems the storms prefer to travel up North either to the East or West side.

Oh well :(

Here's hoping for a stormy July! if not August and September.:unsure:

Posted

I share your pain, Jane. (Sorry about the poet in me. Eat your heart out, Shakespeare).

Oddly enough, last Monday I was having a cold pint on a hot and humid day at a pub in Stratford-upon-Avon... Pen and Parchment. :)

But as threatening as the sky looked, a few large raindrops as that cold front removed the Spanish plume and that was it during the daylight hours. Only around midnight on Tuesday 28th June did a distant thunderstorm occur but no good to me as I was already in bed about half an hour earlier. So unless I see one at least 2 miles away, then it doesn't count in my book. :) Several hours later, and London and the south east had all the fun. ARRGHHHHH!!

Last Wednesday, an evening shower that appeared out of literally nowhere (BBC said light showers possibly, this was not a light shower!) More action from that than the cold front passing through on the previous day.

But tomorrow could be interesting, and Wednesday even more so for potential storms. Otherwise, here I remain.

Phil.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

It's been cloudy and humid here with no breeze for the past couple of days! ( Not the kind of weather I like) and where, oh where are the storms.:( I'd even be grateful for a respite of rain and wind for a few days. Hopefully July will be a good month for thunderstorms but I see nothing for the near future as yet! There is a mention from ECM for thundery showers next week but I doubt it'll happen here.

I really miss all the great storms we had going back about 5 years ago. It now seems the storms prefer to travel up North either to the East or West side.

Oh well :(

Here's hoping for a stormy July! if not August and September.:unsure:

Your not alone Jane I have not seen a single bolt of lightning in 2 years now and a decent storm for probably about 5 years also. :wallbash:

Posted

Am I still the only one in here now?

Probably. I want to go to Florida to see some lightning/thunder this year but I can't afford it. I know I won't get any here, not had it since last July and already not looking like happening this year if my current unluck is anything to go by.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

I'm going to Florida on the 21st - originally I was looking forward to a few big thunderstorms, but with Newcastle getting all this thunder this year the novelty will have worn off!! whistling.gif

I guess I better leave this thread before I get shot...

Edited by alza

Posted

A lot of us are stil here :wallbash: I think most of us have been stuck in this club for quite a few years now! Some parts of the NE seem to be doing well this year :rolleyes: As I always say, don't give up hope yet until end of year lol.:nonono:

Posted

Well it has become a bit of a joke here.... Manchester, just 20 miles from me has already had about 5-10 thunderstorms this year, all that we missed.

This place is a miserable boring hole for weather. Cold, damp, dreary and 50+ inches of rain a year with nout thunderstorms. Crap-hole.

Looks like today's crapvection isn't coming to much either, apart from the usual SE and these days, NE. Just a cold Novemberish day in July like all the other summers since 2006.

My camera has been waiting on standby for 10 months to record a storm and i feel like throwing it out of the window in frustration.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fire tornado

Well it has become a bit of a joke here.... Manchester, just 20 miles from me has already had about 5-10 thunderstorms this year, all that we missed.

This place is a miserable boring hole for weather. Cold, damp, dreary and 50+ inches of rain a year with nout thunderstorms. Crap-hole.

Looks like today's crapvection isn't coming to much either, apart from the usual SE and these days, NE. Just a cold Novemberish day in July like all the other summers since 2006.

My camera has been waiting on standby for 10 months to record a storm and i feel like throwing it out of the window in frustration.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Hang in there man im in the same boat, 95mm rain only this year no thunderstorms overhead for atleast a year there always only so many miles away south :@ But dont worry its July which is normaly a pretty good month for uk thunderstorms!

Posted

Anyone getting fed up with the sound of wheelie bins on a storm day grrrrrrr :doh: I don't know how many times I've mistaken them for the sound of thunder. I think we should ban them grrrrrrr :unsure:

Posted

Well then, I have charged up my camera and if nothing comes to me, I am off out storm chasing. I will find the buggers myself and not miss out.

Posted

Apparently all the activity has gone east again, so I don't believe I will seeing anything today....still.

Posted

Still here then. This summer is turning out to be even worse for storms than the abomination that was summer 2010. Not a single rumble this summer. Seriously fed up of other areas getting one storm after another whilst yours truly and other members of the NSC get nothing.

i would like to believe there is still plenty of time for things to change what with us not even being halfway through July yet, but I seem to recall comments along the lines of "our turn will come" at various stages of last summer, and as we all know, our turn did not come. Feeling very pessimistic at the moment.

Posted

BLOODY storm chasing journey ending in disaster yet again, absolute garbage as usual with the "storms" I was after dying a death as I got anywhere close. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Posted

What can I say!!!

wallbash.gifspiteful.gifaggressive.gifcray.gif

Again no storm for me!! search.gif

It's not fair, will I ever see a storm again? Say no more. I'm lost for words...

Posted

Its now strting to get very annoying. Today one passed within a few miles of me here you could hear the thunder and it sounded amazing. The radar still looks promising but i will not hold my breath.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

I thought you had Thunder a while back Jane? How wrong could I be! :lol:

I hope you all get out soon. I was getting rather frustrated recently as although we've had some storms this year, a lot of the action has been to the North and East recently however not long after this comment on the forum earlier, i was quickly shut up with 2 Thunderstorms within about 20 minutes of each other with pretty angry shotgun thunder and really bad downpours. Dont want to rub it in here however it proves what can develop so quickly. It looked like game over here yet before i knew it some sort of convergence zone developed and hey ho, a good period of rather potent activity. :D

Don't give up folks!

Edited by Blizzards