Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The No Storms Club 2011/2012

Jane Louise

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

I thought you had Thunder a while back Jane? How wrong could I be! :lol:

I hope you all get out soon. I was getting rather frustrated recently as although we've had some storms this year, a lot of the action has been to the North and East recently however not long after this comment on the forum earlier, i was quickly shut up with 2 Thunderstorms within about 20 minutes of each other with pretty angry shotgun thunder and really bad downpours. Dont want to rub it in here however it proves what can develop so quickly. It looked like game over here yet before i knew it some sort of convergence zone developed and hey ho, a good period of rather potent activity. :D

Don't give up folks!

No thunder here Blizzards! I thought I heard thunder this morning but it was the damn Bin men :cray:

Glad you had a bit of action though. All us lot in here are stuck in here for good it seems there's no light at the end of the tunnel at the moment..:(

Pass the tissues please anyone, and open the beer it's time to drown our sorrows even more . :nonono:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

No thunder here Blizzards! I thought I heard thunder this morning but it was the damn Bin men :cray:

Glad you had a bit of action though. All us lot in here are stuck in here for good it seems there's no light at the end of the tunnel at the moment..:(

Pass the tissues please anyone, and open the beer it's time to drown our sorrows even more . :nonono:

Beers are on me Jane...and here are the tissues...seems someone up there like the hard core members of the NSC to stay where they are....God forbid!

Guest Quantumsnow

Ok. I'm not a whinger generally where it comes to the weather, there's not much point.

BUT, i'm going to have a rant now as this lack of storm activity in my area is getting really rather annoying!

Even last weeks 'biggie' was cr@p, plus I was stuck at work. When I played the radar back after work there had been some decent stuff but it went either side of me.

I've lost count of the times stuff has got close then veered off, or disintegrated completely! :aggressive:

Right, pointless rant over, won't make a blind bit of difference but it's made me feel better! :D

Posted

Beers are on me Jane...and here are the tissues...seems someone up there like the hard core members of the NSC to stay where they are....God forbid!

Thanks Carl, sadly it looks like us hard core members are here to stay.:(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

I've heard thunder on 8 days so far this year and every one of them has been from distant storms.

The last significant storm here was 5 years ago when we had just over 41mm of rain in a couple of hours at the beginning of July 2006. There have been several occasions since then with a similar amount of rain falling from storms within 10km, but not here.

Posted

I've heard thunder on just 3 days in my part of the bleak district this year and no more than 3 rumbles in any of those days.

Posted

Still here still waiting and still peed off

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

I know how you feel and I should feel grateful for the sun we have here but we rarely get snow on the coast and now storms seem to be going the same way. Last night we didn't get excitement from storms instead contending with neighbours having party, kicking cars and fighting resulting in police everywhere. Great. At least a storm would have kept them inside.

Posted

I know how you feel and I should feel grateful for the sun we have here but we rarely get snow on the coast and now storms seem to be going the same way. Last night we didn't get excitement from storms instead contending with neighbours having party, kicking cars and fighting resulting in police everywhere. Great. At least a storm would have kept them inside.

Hi slb97,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you had last night. A storm would of been good if it had happened then and d would probably of made them all behave too!

I'm looking to move to the countryside within a year due to noise and nuisance. At least It would be peaceful there to sit and enjoy a good storm! ( that's when I get one of course )

We are quite lucky with snow here in the Cotswolds but as you know a storm is a rareity around this way!

Posted

That sounds like a normal night in Buckland :rolleyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

EDIT: Wrong Thread

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

Met Office invent looks god for further downpours over us tomorrow. Oddly it looks like tomorrow shall be wetter than today when it looked like it would be the other way round! Wouldnt mind the 3rd storm in 2 days.... :lol:

Oi bugger off or you will be hung up and beaten with a large pole :diablo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Oi bugger off or you will be hung up and beaten with a large pole :diablo:

I posted this in the wrong thread actually. :lol:

Posted

If rain counts as a storm I'm out, but if it has to have tunder or lightening I'm still in. :D

You're in You're in! You don;t get out of here that easily.:lol:

Posted

If rain counts as a storm I'm out, but if it has to have tunder or lightening I'm still in. :D

Yes , I'm afraid you're still in. :( Having an overhead thunderstorm is a must and will get you out of this club once and for all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Can I join for June and July? Because we had some amazing storms in Spring. :D

Lots of them too! ;)

Posted

Well, Vetigo. Jane is the boss. I'm just the tea maker round here. :D

Theoretically, it is the 'No Storms Club 2011'. Meaning that members can only join if no storm has as yet occurred over said members area throughout the duration of 2011. And if you do encounter as such which should be very near, if not directly overhead, then we'll be glad to see you go.

For me so far, and in the same league as my boss, Jane... NOTHING!! NADA!! ZILCH!! NOWT!! BIG FAT ZERO!!

And reading through the convection threads over the past three days... (Edinburgh especially!) These lot oooop narth and east are snow hoggers usually. Or is this some kind of pennance for our last two glorious, snowy but extremely chilly Winters?

In other words... We get the storms down here (Jane excluded! :winky: ) and you get all the snow up there. But it's gone bi-polar whaere we've had the snow and now YOU lot up north are getting all the storms this year especially so far.

Can normal service be resumed please? Or else I may have to look up the word 'Thunderstorm' before too long.

Phil.

Posted

Can I join for June and July? Because we had some amazing storms in Spring. :D

Lots of them too! ;)

Now, come on off you go out of here..:girl_devil:. you know,you're only doing this to wind us members up!! :wacko: We are soooo desperate in here for a storm Have some kind of sympathy eh !:cray:

Well, Vetigo. Jane is the boss. I'm just the tea maker round here. :D

Theoretically, it is the 'No Storms Club 2011'. Meaning that members can only join if no storm has as yet occurred over said members area throughout the duration of 2011. And if you do encounter as such which should be very near, if not directly overhead, then we'll be glad to see you go.

For me so far, and in the same league as my boss, Jane... NOTHING!! NADA!! ZILCH!! NOWT!! BIG FAT ZERO!!

And reading through the convection threads over the past three days... (Edinburgh especially!) These lot oooop narth and east are snow hoggers usually. Or is this some kind of pennance for our last two glorious, snowy but extremely chilly Winters?

In other words... We get the storms down here (Jane excluded! :winky: ) and you get all the snow up there. But it's gone bi-polar whaere we've had the snow and now YOU lot up north are getting all the storms this year especially so far.

Can normal service be resumed please? Or else I may have to look up the word 'Thunderstorm' before too long.

Phil.

Couldn't agree with you more Phil :)

It's mostly been all the North and North East so far this year.:wallbash: Mind you Edinburgh has certainly suffered badly in the past few days, those kind of storms are pretty scary and I hope they all recover from any damages that occurred . Like you Phil, I have not seen or heard nowt again not even a rumble of thunder. We still have the rest of summer yet though lol :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Yea I posted this on antoher thread earlier The NE are getting everything, maybe us middlanders will get the good stuff this coming winter?...

Thunderstorms?...in the midlands?...in winter?.....it's saturday night, been down the pub by any chance?? :whistling::lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

Well I might not be getting any storms but cant complain as I'm off to a bbq in the glorious sunshine.

Posted

Hi all.

Still so storm starved here.:nonono:My storm shield is still holding strong.

The sky has been looking stormy for the past few days but nothing happens, not even a drop of rain. I know the past 5 years have been rubbish but July is usually a good month for storms! Even the Spanish Plumes don't come up to my area anymore.You can always guarantee snow up here though but storms, they don't want to know. grrrrrrr

I hear there may be a chance for some at the weekend but it's probably not for us lot in here as usual and if it is forecast for us I bet we still get nothing anyway.:wallbash:

I think my best bet is to carry on watching storm videos and carry on dreaming!!

Posted

Sorry to hear you still in no storm club jane :cray:

It's awful Stu, and there are no storms forecast for me in the near future.:nonono::(

Now I'll never be able to try out my tin cans experiment lol