Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The No Storms Club 2011/2012

Jane Louise

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

So indeed it does. As a fellow Coventrian (and one who's probably been here longer than me), how many thunderstorms/thundery showers would you say Coventry gets in an average year, at least of late?

miles off topic but great avatar, got to be from the amazing 7th Dec 2010

Posted

Welcome Eabie, :)I think you'll feel quite at home here. :wallbash:

Thank you! I think I probably will feet at home - I've had .... not bad luck exactly, but not very good luck when it comes to storms for the last few years. At least relative to where I was living. Last really good year I can remember was 2007.

miles off topic but great avatar, got to be from the amazing 7th Dec 2010

Thank you! Though I actually don't know where it's from... I think I just googled "hoarfrost" and found a suitable picture on Google. :p

Edited by Eabie

Posted

Ive been away from the forum for nearly 5 months, but im pleased to say that my area has already had a few storms in the last month or so, but good luck everybody else,especially Jane Louise :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Ive been away from the forum for nearly 5 months, but im pleased to say that my area has already had a few storms in the last month or so, but good luck everybody else,especially Jane Louise :lol:

Lol, thanks Shawn.:wallbash::lol:

Posted

Not posted here for a while, anyway, just confirming that I still haven't had a proper storm, which is in my book one with heavy rain, quite a few good flashes and rumbles and 30 or more minutes in length. Next week looking interesting though. :)

Posted

Not posted here for a while, anyway, just confirming that I still haven't had a proper storm, which is in my book one with heavy rain, quite a few good flashes and rumbles and 30 or more minutes in length. Next week looking interesting though. :)

Hiya Johnny,

there certainly does seem a lot of potential for next week.:D Hope it all dosen't change for the worst though :(

Something to keep an eye on in the coming days.. :)

Posted

Hiya Johnny,

there certainly does seem a lot of potential for next week.:D Hope it all dosen't change for the worst though :(

Something to keep an eye on in the coming days.. :)

Jane as u know havent been around...is something looking up for us

Posted

Jane as u know havent been around...is something looking up for us

Hi Pat,

I think we are all in for a chance next week :D But knowing me , lol I've probably gone and jinxed it now :p

Oh God, I'm still here....wallbash.gif

:(:doh::nonono:

There's always a chance next week. :lol:

Posted

JANE!!

We want these good people to leave this club, not promote members to join. And how many clubs can say that we want you NOT to join. (I'm still here and looks like for the forseeable future!) dry.gif

No storms to date, but for those of you living in the Kent/Sussex area tonight. Might just, (and I only say 'might') get an imported clipper from the developments over France in the next 2/3 hours.

Best of luck.

Phil.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Still here, although Norwich has chances of some thunder activity from the slack showery regime expected over the next 4 days. Unless I hear any thunder today (very unlikely) it will beat last year, when I resided in the No Storms Club until the 6th June.

This contrasts with 2008 when I first heard thunder here on the 10th April!

Posted

JANE!!

We want these good people to leave this club, not promote members to join. And how many clubs can say that we want you NOT to join. (I'm still here and looks like for the forseeable future!) dry.gif

No storms to date, but for those of you living in the Kent/Sussex area tonight. Might just, (and I only say 'might') get an imported clipper from the developments over France in the next 2/3 hours.

Best of luck.

Phil.

Phil,oh Phil! :p

Some of us are just unlucky! I want the members to leave just as much as you do.:) But I'm sure there's nooo way we are going to keep them away.:(

Wishing all in the club good luck for this year and of course many many years after lol.

Hoping you have all left by end of year to.:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Im surprised to hear Solihull and Warwickshire is on zilch so far considering weve had 3 and some nearby have had about 4 i think so far this year!

A possibility of something tomorrow but not the greatest risk mind but still something which isnt bad considering its been very quiet lately. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

To quote an earlier post........ Oh God I'm still here!!!:wallbash:

God forbid 2011 is going to be as thunderless as the shocker of 2010 was :doh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Had a good storm earlier so i would like to request that my membership is put on hold... Good luck to those still waiting

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Still here, although Norwich has chances of some thunder activity from the slack showery regime expected over the next 4 days. Unless I hear any thunder today (very unlikely) it will beat last year, when I resided in the No Storms Club until the 6th June.

This contrasts with 2008 when I first heard thunder here on the 10th April!

I'm hoping for a repeat of 2009 - very poor storm wise until 15th June when it went completely crazy, hours of constant thunder and lightning, torrential rain, hail....and again on the 28th, followed by a series of nasty storms on the 17th July cool.gif At the moment I'd just like to see proper rain nonono.gifPut it this way, my sheep are on the final 5 acres of grazing, they were moved off the first field in rotation in mid-April. The grass is exactly the same length now as it was then sad.gif

Posted

I'm hoping for a repeat of 2009 - very poor storm wise until 15th June when it went completely crazy, hours of constant thunder and lightning, torrential rain, hail....and again on the 28th, followed by a series of nasty storms on the 17th July cool.gif At the moment I'd just like to see proper rain nonono.gifPut it this way, my sheep are on the final 5 acres of grazing, they were moved off the first field in rotation in mid-April. The grass is exactly the same length now as it was then sad.gif

Good luck to you even for rain. :) I'm still waiting for a storm, we have had a few showers of rain over the past couple of days which has been great for my garden and given me a break from watering.The ground is still severely dry though especially in the country-side.

Posted

Well, just had a decent (mainly due to the extremely heavy rain, a few rumbles though!) thunderstorm that formed right on top of me so I'm now satisfied and can remove my partial membership. Bye all! :)

Posted

Well, just had a decent (mainly due to the extremely heavy rain, a few rumbles though!) thunderstorm that formed right on top of me so I'm now satisfied and can remove my partial membership. Bye all! :)

Congrats to you Johnny,:)

Let's hope we don't see you in here in the forthcoming future.:whistling:

Posted

Congrats to you Johnny,:)

Let's hope we don't see you in here in the forthcoming future.:whistling:

I'm not sure, I don't think Chesterfield likes thunderstorms that much. We've always been much more of a snow hotspot (ironic).

Probably the kiss of death for this winter, then...

Posted

Still here whistling.gif

Same! :lol: Could be waiting a while yet for any storms around East Anglia though! :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Same! :lol: Could be waiting a while yet for any storms around East Anglia though! :(

And.....sadly I must resign from the NSC, just had a discrete cell pop up from nothing, two good CGs and some very loud thunder yahoo.gif It's the little blob just now to the north of Norwich, literally went from nothing to something in 20 minutes :D

Posted

Still here. Still nothing.

Must be my destiny. :huh:

Still I remain to help Jane Louise out and I never back out on a promise... (Except for certain weathermen who yaaayyed storms over the Midlands over the years!! No names, no pack drill!!)

Phil.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

I am no longer in the No Storms Club as there was a very distant rumble of thunder to the west of Norwich on the 11th June. Rather pitiful, but it still means that I'm out of the club!