Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The No Storms Club 2011/2012

Jane Louise

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

I'm still in here for 2011, haven't heard any thunder since the 9th September 2010. It really has been a remarkably convection-free period for Norwich since the 30th November (the day when that infamous dry corridor between two areas of snow showers became established) and I didn't see a single cumulonimbus cloud between the 10th January and 2nd April inclusive. My "cumulonimbus drought" ended on the 3rd April but I still await thundery activity of any kind.

Yes it has been remarkably quiet around these parts. Mind you, I wish you hadn't mentioned the early December dy corridor - I've only just got over that!:wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Im glad to say, after nearly 2 years I can leave this club for this year! Good luck to all those still in this club :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

im still here, though dose going to another country count as cheating?

Hi Richard, :)

This club applies to the UK only. So I'm afraid your still in here.:(

Posted

So, another day of disappointment. I think it's gotten to the stage where it becomes hilarious that you haven't seen anything. Of course, most eastern parts have had nothing, but I've came so close on multiple occasions until this town goes into 'SDF' (Storm Defence Mode). Here are the instructions for the employees at this company:

1. Try to change the direction of the storm.

2. If that fails, attempt to make the storm completely fizzle out.

3. If that fails, make the storm lose all electrical activity and just be rain.

4. If, God forbid, a storm gets through, ensure that it lasts for a short amount of time, and that there is no more than two rumbles of thunder!

5. Press the big red button with a 'Self-Destruct' label above it.

Posted

I think I should leave. A storm passed close this afternoon & I could hear rumbling & this evening I did have a shower containing half a dozen flashes & some thunder (the tailend of Aj's I would think). So I bid farewell for now.

Posted

So, another day of disappointment. I think it's gotten to the stage where it becomes hilarious that you haven't seen anything. Of course, most eastern parts have had nothing, but I've came so close on multiple occasions until this town goes into 'SDF' (Storm Defence Mode). Here are the instructions for the employees at this company:

1. Try to change the direction of the storm.

2. If that fails, attempt to make the storm completely fizzle out.

3. If that fails, make the storm lose all electrical activity and just be rain.

4. If, God forbid, a storm gets through, ensure that it lasts for a short amount of time, and that there is no more than two rumbles of thunder!

5. Press the big red button with a 'Self-Destruct' label above it.

:lol: Lol so true...this always happens to me.

1. A very common occurrence

2. very used to it lol

3. there never is electrical activity in it by the time it gets to me.

4 .Whats a rumble of thunder Lol

5.Happens every time lol

:wallbash: :lol:

Posted

:lol: Lol so true...this always happens to me.

1. A very common occurrence

2. very used to it lol

3. there never is electrical activity in it by the time it gets to me.

4 .Whats a rumble of thunder Lol

5.Happens every time lol

:wallbash: :lol:

Of course, we VERY rarely get past number 2. If we do, we should consider ourselves lucky. :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

im pleased some got out of here on monday, i was reading the thread and its amazing yet again another outbreak of storms, we have 3 solid months left of potential, although end of august and september can be just as thundery!

i read the convective thread anytime theirs interest about, even if its not in my area! was some nice cloud mountains monday which was nice.

Posted

some of you are really amusing, you see lightning, hear thunder, but its still not classed as a thunderstorm!

Best you read the official definition or change the title of the thread I think?

John is correct..

Myself and Jane Louise configure that a storm is either overhead or very nearly so where thunder and lightning is very close by, and not as in my case some 25 miles away. (al la 5th May 2011, and the reason why I'm still here. dry.gif )

It's the only club in existance where we don't want members to join, but to leave, hence which I see some of you already have after yesterday. :D But still early May and have June, July, August and September to go yet.. (Even I may get lucky, or is that just wishful thinking? :cc_confused: )

Phil.

Posted

Yes Phil I agree with you!this club is a fun club and was made for the sole purpose for members to come here and stress out about their lack of storms. To me a couple rumbles of thunder do not count as a storm!! I've seen a few violent ones in the past and a clap of thunder really doesn't make my storm.

I really don't want this thread to turn into an argument! (Could do without all that :(:rolleyes:) It's been going really well too.

All in all A storm is what you make of it .:) (If that makes sense I'm still half asleep Lol)

Posted
Yes Phil I agree with you!this club is a fun club and was made for the sole purpose for members to come here and stress out about their lack of storms. To me a couple rumbles of thunder do not count as a storm!! I've seen a few violent ones in the past and a clap of thunder really doesn't make my storm

Better than I'm receiving at this time. 23rd September 2010 was my last evening storm and had to wait over 15 years for that..

I really don't want this thread to turn into an argument! (Could do without all that :(:rolleyes:) It's been going really well too.

The trials and tribulations, Jane. But also the frustrarions too. But no arguing please.

All in all A storm is what you make of it .:) (If that makes sense I'm still half asleep Lol)

So am I. Need brain to boot up properly. :huh:

Phil.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

I'm still in here for 2011, haven't heard any thunder since the 9th September 2010. It really has been a remarkably convection-free period for Norwich since the 30th November (the day when that infamous dry corridor between two areas of snow showers became established) and I didn't see a single cumulonimbus cloud between the 10th January and 2nd April inclusive. My "cumulonimbus drought" ended on the 3rd April but I still await thundery activity of any kind.

Morning everyone, not really a newbie but I can never remember my password, I knew Facebook would come in handy one day (been lurking for about 5 years rolleyes.gif) Please accept my application to the NSC, is there a No Rain Club as well? nonono.gif

Posted

Good morning and welcome to the NSC, Norfolk Sheep. :)

No rain club... Mmmm, What do you reckon, Jane? :)

Phil.

Posted

Do you want to start a No Rain Club Phil? :winky:seems a lot of people haven't had rain for a very long time and I think they need to rant just like the NSC lol :)

Morning everyone, not really a newbie but I can never remember my password, I knew Facebook would come in handy one day (been lurking for about 5 years rolleyes.gif) Please accept my application to the NSC, is there a No Rain Club as well? nonono.gif

Morning Norfolk sheep and Welcome :D

Feel free to scream and shout your frustrations away here if you don't get that storm Lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

May I register my application for membership?

I must make one declaration - I was in Dymchurch on 29th April and storms slided past the coast, giving occasional flashes of sheet lightning and distant rumbles. I am not sure this counts as a storm :D

I'm disappointed the 3 or so thundery setups we've had has brought very little. The SE was under a rock hard shield from storms experienced by many areas of the UK and those which formed over the continent.

The SE is set to miss any possible (albeit low risk) of storms today.

The ECM/GFS models are, IMO, pretty horrible with regards storm potential. There is a slither of opportunity for the SE over this coming weekend - outside of that with a mid atlantic ridge being present, it's going to be cool, possibly quite dull with convective opportunities at a minimum. Very very weak signs of something possibly returning for the end of May (according to GFS)...:cray:

Posted

May I register my application for membership?

I must make one declaration - I was in Dymchurch on 29th April and storms slided past the coast, giving occasional flashes of sheet lightning and distant rumbles. I am not sure this counts as a storm :D

I'm disappointed the 3 or so thundery setups we've had has brought very little. The SE was under a rock hard shield from storms experienced by many areas of the UK and those which formed over the continent.

The SE is set to miss any possible (albeit low risk) of storms today.

The ECM/GFS models are, IMO, pretty horrible with regards storm potential. There is a slither of opportunity for the SE over this coming weekend - outside of that with a mid atlantic ridge being present, it's going to be cool, possibly quite dull with convective opportunities at a minimum. Very very weak signs of something possibly returning for the end of May (according to GFS)...:cray:

Hiya Harry :D

Pull up a chair :gathering:

If it didn't seem like a storm to you then your in the right place.

I think the South east will do really well this summer.I will keep my fingers crossed for you.:whistling::winky:

In the meantime , please make yourself at home . Sorry you have to join here.:(

Posted

Just popped in to say hello to all you storm thirsty members. I was a hair's breadth away from joining you guys yesterday, but I was saved by a couple of cells that, fortunately, came close enough to give me a couple of rumbles of thunder. Anyway, I best get back to watching the radar.

Hope to not join you soon :)

Brian

Posted

Just popped in to say hello to all you storm thirsty members. I was a hair's breadth away from joining you guys yesterday, but I was saved by a couple cells that, fortunately, came close enough to give me a couple of rumbles of thunder. Anyway, I best get back to watching the radar.

Hope to not join you soon :)

Brian

Hi Brian,

Phew, that was lucky :lol: Here's wishing you good luck for today Yay :D

Hi is there room for another membership as still waiting for my first storm :wallbash:

Welcome skyblusam,:)

as advised to others, please make yourself at home and hopefully you'll be out of here in no time.:whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Do you want to start a No Rain Club Phil? :winky:seems a lot of people haven't had rain for a very long time and I think they need to rant just like the NSC lol :)

Morning Norfolk sheep and Welcome :D

Feel free to scream and shout your frustrations away here if you don't get that storm Lol

If I scream you'll probably hear it laugh.gif I must say thank you for the storm free welcome, I feel quite at home rolleyes.gif

Rob

Posted

Norfolk Sheep, if I scream, then that will be in celebration of a storm. Usually a rarity as they develop above and move north above me. (5th May anyone?) but I promise not to wake anyone if I do. :)

And Jane Louise, unless a repeat of 1976, then I'll keep the No Rain Club on hold... Although last week was very tempting.

Phil.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

If I scream you'll probably hear it laugh.gif I must say thank you for the storm free welcome, I feel quite at home rolleyes.gif

Rob

Hi there from a fellow Norfolkian. I should have perhaps have typed the greeting of two Norfolk people when they meet outside of the county (the WWW probably counts) - "Hey yer fa'aer got a dickey, bor (or gal)?":hi:

Edited by chrisbell-nottheforecaster

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

I had better pick up my joining pack too. Yesterday looked so good but the storms came close then fizzled out. They seemed to pass over and then pick up intensity again... Last year there were only two decent storms but nowt so far. Whats making it even worse is that i have mooved house and the views from here are pretty @@@@ Last house was high up and had views for miles ( house in Morley and on a clear day you could see all the way towards Drax powerstation and Emley moor transmitter which is a good distance away) and at least i got my fix of seeing distant storms. Hope my memebership will be short lived but i doubt it....

Posted

I had better pick up my joining pack too. Yesterday looked so good but the storms came close then fizzled out. They seemed to pass over and then pick up intensity again... Last year there were only two decent storms but nowt so far. Whats making it even worse is that i have mooved house and the views from here are pretty @@@@ Last house was high up and had views for miles ( house in Morley and on a clear day you could see all the way towards Drax powerstation and Emley moor transmitter which is a good distance away) and at least i got my fix of seeing distant storms. Hope my memebership will be short lived but i doubt it....

Welcome paul m :(

fingers crossed for any future storms.:D