Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The No Storms Club 2011/2012

Jane Louise

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Hi there from a fellow Norfolkian. I should have perhaps have typed the greeting of two Norfolk people when they meet outside of the county (the WWW probably counts) - "Hey yer fa'aer got a dickey, bor (or gal)?":hi:

Hello bor, how're yer gorn on? good.gif Thass yer dickey in tha' pightle then? biggrin.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

:whistling: ammm helloooooo :lol: What does all this mean lol :winky:

Ahhh yes, I understand now :lol:

Posted

Hello bor, how're yer gorn on? good.gif Thass yer dickey in tha' pightle then? biggrin.gif

I don't quite qualify as a native, I've only lived in Norfolk since 1974 (no doubt longer than some have lived, let alone in Norfolk), But I have been "dwn tha ruud with tha hurses"

"No rain club" sounds a good option at the moment, although according to my rain gauge, I got 0.3mm of rain sometime early yesterday morning, not quite sure when

Edited by NorthNorfolkWeather

Posted

I don't quite qualify as a native, I've only lived in Norfolk since 1974 (no doubt longer than some have lived, let alone in Norfolk), But I have been "dwn tha ruud with tha hurses"

"No rain club" sounds a good option at the moment, although according to my rain gauge, I got 0.3mm of rain sometime early yesterday morning, not quite sure when

That's 14 years longer than me rolleyes.gif

I have a question - is one's membership revoked if one experiences a storm in another county or is it only direct hits on one's house that count? unsure.gif

Rob

Edited by Norfolk Sheep

Posted

so I got side skirted by a cell a few days ago. Couple of rumbles and distant flashes. Guys what guys I'm outta here for the first time since I joined.

I miss you already :(

Posted

I have a question - is one's membership revoked if one experiences a storm in another county or is it only direct hits on one's house that count? unsure.gif

Rob

I'd say, it more or less it's gotta be in your own county :)

Posted

I'd say, it more or less it's gotta be in your own county :)

Jolly good! biggrin.gif I'm not sure about the NSC but I might well be leaving the as yet unformed No Rain Club today yahoo.gif

Rob

Edited by Norfolk Sheep

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

Ar, an moi fa'er need a fule tew roide 'im; will yew come?

Posted

Ar, an moi fa'er need a fule tew roide 'im; will yew come?

laugh.gif

Sadly still a member of the NSC - I was in London from last Thursday and although my OH reported rain and a brief hail storm at home, no thunder. Ditto in London. nonono.gif

Rob

Posted
  • Location: Reading/West Berkshire/South Oxfordshire/Tilehurst border. (Purley-on-Thames)
  • Location: Reading/West Berkshire/South Oxfordshire/Tilehurst border. (Purley-on-Thames)

Hi, is there room for a another membership? No proper thunder here since "thundersnow" in late 2009 and I think (yes, think!) some in summer 2010.

Posted

Hi, is there room for a another membership? No proper thunder here since "thundersnow" in late 2009 and I think (yes, think!) some in summer 2010.

Hello Skyscape,:)

We can just about squeeze you in lol . Hope you're not going to be in here for too long. Could be some good storms in the Summer yet.:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Norwich is still in the No Storms Club by 21st May for the second year running- a pretty unusual stat judging by stats for Norwich Airport and Norwich Weather Centre. Last year we had to wait until the 6th June, it will be interesting to see if that gets beaten, because if it does, it will be verging on unprecedented for such a traditionally thunder-prone location.

Posted

Norwich is still in the No Storms Club by 21st May for the second year running- a pretty unusual stat judging by stats for Norwich Airport and Norwich Weather Centre. Last year we had to wait until the 6th June, it will be interesting to see if that gets beaten, because if it does, it will be verging on unprecedented for such a traditionally thunder-prone location.

Hi Tws,

I hope you do see something at least ,either before, on or after the 6th June. Good luck to you.:D

Posted

Any room for me to join?! :lol: The last time there was a storm here was in late September last year - nearly 8 months now without a storm, which statistically is a long time for my location! We may also need a "No rain" club because its been a long while since we had rainfall here too!! :lol:

Edited by Ben_Cambs

Posted

Any room for me to join?! :lol: The last time there was a storm here was in late September last year - nearly 8 months now without a storm, which statistically is a long time for my location! We may also need a "No rain" club because its been a long while since we had rainfall here too!! :lol:

Hi Ben,:)

Pull up a chair and make yourself comfy :D

Sorry you have to be here, but it could all change by the time the year is out( fingers crossed) As you may know we rant, rave and scream in here due to our frustrations of having no storms, so please always feel free to do this lol.

I'm hoping we all get some good storm potential in the Summer.:drunk:

Posted

Where I live there hasn't been a single thunderstorm this year. The first thunderstorm in this area last year wasn't until July 14th either and the last of about 3 we had was in September. This area never does well for storms. Since I've been here I observe maybe 2-3 weak "storms" a year.

Posted

Dire, isn't it?

wallbash.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

It feels as if the weather flicked a switch on the evening of the 29th November last year and said "right, no more significant snowy/convective activity for Norwich for a while!". It's quite bizarre how that sort of thing sometimes appears to happen.

Posted

I'd like to formally submit my No Storms Club membership application!

The last time I saw lightning was at around 4:30 am on 10th of September last year, when a small thunderstorm caused some sporadic lightning flashes that woke me up. Being from Canada, there was only slim odds of thunderstorms after that, and pretty much zero chances throughout the winter and early spring. I did hear some very weak rumbles of thunder in a couple isolated shower clouds around May 7th-8th, shortly before I left for the UK, but I don't exactly count those as "storms".

Today brought intermittent light showers, but no thunder that I could hear!

Posted

Nothing here again, but I did get a few downpours which was better then nothing.

I'd like to formally submit my No Storms Club membership application!

The last time I saw lightning was at around 4:30 am on 10th of September last year, when a small thunderstorm caused some sporadic lightning flashes that woke me up. Being from Canada, there was only slim odds of thunderstorms after that, and pretty much zero chances throughout the winter and early spring. I did hear some very weak rumbles of thunder in a couple isolated shower clouds around May 7th-8th, shortly before I left for the UK, but I don't exactly count those as "storms".

Today brought intermittent light showers, but no thunder that I could hear!

Welcome Eabie, :)I think you'll feel quite at home here. :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

I guess i reluctantly leave the club. We did have heavy rain and a couple of flashes with thunder come right over us.

Would like to have left with a bit more of an exciting storm though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

So how many of us are there still in the club right now?

I cannot believe my location at least has been subjected to another storm free May. Just hoping the next few months deliver for those of us in here...and miss all the b*ggers who have already had their fair share.:spiteful::rofl:

Posted

Still nothing here in Solihull. And yet some of the cloud structures yesterday looked very ominous indeed but nope, just three heavy showers from 2pm onwards.

Felt more like a day in early March rather than the end of May, especially with the strong breeze.

Phil.

Posted

Still nothing here in Solihull. And yet some of the cloud structures yesterday looked very ominous indeed but nope, just three heavy showers from 2pm onwards.

Felt more like a day in early March rather than the end of May, especially with the strong breeze.

Phil.

Snap mate the clouds rearly looked like i was going to get a storm yesterday. But all i got was showers so the wait goes on here in coventry

Posted

Snap mate the clouds rearly looked like i was going to get a storm yesterday. But all i got was showers so the wait goes on here in coventry

So indeed it does. As a fellow Coventrian (and one who's probably been here longer than me), how many thunderstorms/thundery showers would you say Coventry gets in an average year, at least of late?