Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The No Storms Club 2011/2012

Jane Louise

Posted

It's awful Stu, and there are no storms forecast for me in the near future.:nonono::(

Now I'll never be able to try out my tin cans experiment lol

dont worry jane i be in there next year

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

dont worry jane i be in there next year

Guess I'll be seeing you in here next year .:( I can't even begin to imagine what 2012 will bring. (say no more on the EOTW 2012) :lol:

I think a lot of the cloud I'm experiencing is caused by the Icelandic volcanoes erupting but I've also heard the lack of storms is to do with the positioning of the Jet stream.

Posted

This is the least thundery year I've ever known in my entire life, I believe. Rest of summer not looking too promising for storms either.

Posted

It`s looking better to last year 4 days so far for thundery days,april was the best month.

7 days so far with thunder recorded this year.

Best place for thunder and small tornadoes in the winter is by the southern coasts.

In the summer it`s central to eastern parts on average.

Spanish plumes to seem to of gone down dramatically since that shocking summer of 2007.

Although there have been 3 as I remember,torrential thunderstorms with two,thundery showers with the other more recent one a couple of years ago but missed here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fire tornado

Still here, Still havnt seen a flash and only 1 rumble in my home town this year. Haven't seen hail since i was in school yeeeaaars ago, No summer heat for like ever. God i hate this country cant wait to leave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

1 thunder day in Summer 2010 (shockingly poor)

0 thunder days in Summer 2011 (up to July 17th)

Met Office Summer Average (1971-2000) chart shows average thunder days for my part of the UK should be around 3-4

Diabolical sums it up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

Hello, i havent seen a thunderstorm in york yet this year. Can i be in your club :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, sun in summer, easy really!!

I was really hoping that 2011 would prove an improvement over last year but how wrong could I be?!

One pathetic rumble yesterday in Eastbourne and that was it - particularly annoying as there were storms so near (husband reported a great storm in Lewes only a few miles away where he was working)

I wasn't even around earlier in the year when a storm did descend on Eastbourne albeit briefly - one flash of lightning & a rumble of thunder reported from those who were there

So please, please Louise/Phil can I renew my membership?

Posted

Hello, i havent seen a thunderstorm in york yet this year. Can i be in your club :whistling:

You could be in luck tomorrow

Posted

I was really hoping that 2011 would prove an improvement over last year but how wrong could I be?!

One pathetic rumble yesterday in Eastbourne and that was it - particularly annoying as there were storms so near (husband reported a great storm in Lewes only a few miles away where he was working)

I wasn't even around earlier in the year when a storm did descend on Eastbourne albeit briefly - one flash of lightning & a rumble of thunder reported from those who were there

So please, please Louise/Phil can I renew my membership?

You are more than welcome, Sunlover. But we don't want to see you here for too long. :winky:

Phil.

Posted

You can indeed, but as said before, we really don't want you people here as we want to encourage visible/overhead storm activity wherever in the UK and Ireland. (That sounds so harsh, but true! :mellow: ) The sole purpose of this thread is for those stormless in years gone by, and in the future to come in and have a rant when Mother Nature is not doing what we expect, especially during unsettled Summers.

I notice not many takers from the north east especially of late. Can't think why. :D

Phil.

Posted

You can indeed, but as said before, we really don't want you people here as we want to encourage visible/overhead storm activity wherever in the UK and Ireland. (That sounds so harsh, but true! :mellow: ) The sole purpose of this thread is for those stormless in years gone by, and in the future to come in and have a rant when Mother Nature is not doing what we expect, especially during unsettled Summers.

I notice not many takers from the north east especially of late. Can't think why. :D

Phil.

Yes totally agree with you Phil regarding being storm less in years gone by. I wouldn't mind a storm even a mile away, but even then it's usually one faint rumble of thunder! It looks like it's all the Eastern side again tomorrow :wallbash:

What can we do but moan and get angry , we are storm enthuasiasts after all and this is the thread to do it.

Well, here I go again : :(:angry::wallbash:grrrrrrr

Carl , Pass us a beer mate please!

Posted

Here's the beer Jane Louise :drinks:...oh and yah boo sucks to all you Scots and North Easterners hogging everything! :angry::p

Posted

Here's the beer Jane Louise :drinks:...oh and yah boo sucks to all you Scots and North Easterners hogging everything! :angry::p

Thank you Carl :drinks:

I can't even say it's our turn soon ,because every time I do say it, it never blinking happens anyway .:nonono:

grrrrrrr to the N Easterners, send them down our way please . :wallbash::spiteful:

I am soo desperate that I may even try this lol

http://answers.yahoo...14114825AAqB0q0

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

Lightning 50 miles south of york again, great!! today is agood chance for me, will break or break wether or not i can still be in this club

Posted

Storms in the wrong half of the country again. I'm signed up to this God forsaken club for another 10 years, please.

Posted

** Trudges in looking frustrated and annoyed **

Hi guys! Strong Tequila please!!!

Make mine a double.

I have a few beers ready but by the time Solihull sees a storm, chances are that they will have gone well past their expiry date. :mellow:

Just a question... What have Scotland and the north east done to the atmosphere this year? I can't ever recall in the 34 years of my interest in weather (I was 7 years old then!) when the opposite has occurred where storms unlikely in certain areas are receiving an abundance of them, yet areas expected to receive them have seen little, if anything? (So far anyway!)

It's a conspiracy, I tell you!

And welcome to our club, Katherine. :) Pull up a chair and vent your spleen here.

Phil.

Posted

** Trudges in looking frustrated and annoyed **

Hi guys! Strong Tequila please!!!

Shortly after writing that she got a storm. Well another day of nothingness.. It all skirted to the east.. I had one measly storm this year but that was way off in the distance. All the others have been close but not within the local area

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

RIGHT, THATS IT!! I'm going to scream! No storms for me this week after looking likely last week.No storms in the near future either. Not even any rain and it's so dry and muggy I want Autumn to hurry up now. I miss the good old days of summer when there were actually storms!!

:(:angry::cray:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

We had two thundery showers, with some thunder and lightning, but no thunderstorms. We keep missing by a few miles, SO FRUSTRATING! We are the most awkwardly positioned place it seems especially in westerly winds, the storms fizzle above us due to the pennines, but re-intensify further east. dry.gif

Edited by aaron

Posted

We had two thundery showers, with some thunder and lightning, but no thunderstorms. We keep missing by a few miles, SO FRUSTRATING! We are the most awkwardly positioned place it seems especially in westerly winds, the storms fizzle above us due to the pennines, but re-intensify further east. dry.gif

I would have thought, Aaron that orographic uplift with an humid and unstable west or south west wind direction over the Pennines would intensify rather than drain storms?

Reminds me of May 2004 when storms developed over Solihull, a very picturesque view of towering Cumulonimbus to my north, and all the action happened in Sheffield, Leeds, Derbyshire, et al. Much flooding and vivid lightning on that evening. I could only watch (and sulk a bit!) as the press reports came in.

I think for prosperity, and to cheer myself up. I'll post an image from Saturday 1st May 2010. A day before my 40th Birthday. Just so I remember what a storm and taking pics of lightning looks like...

post-8209-0-71944300-1312323927_thumb.jp

Big hail with that too, totally unexpected. 8)

Phil.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Ah, I am reffering to May/June when the temperatures were much cooler. Tomorrow might be better for me regardless of the wind direction!

I do actually remember May 2004, there was a large thunderstorm in the night, everyone was talking about it at work the day after! Ah, those were the days..cray.gif