Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The No Storms Club 2011/2012

Jane Louise

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

I've no doubt the usual suspects will still be here by close of play today tearing our hair out in frustration as everyone else crows about what great storms they had! :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

I posted in here yesterday, but I'm afraid I have to leave after a brief but very intense thunderstorm at around 1pm today, good luck to all, I'm sure your time will come good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & sunny in summer, cold & snowy in winter, love a good thunderstorm

Evening everyone - time for me to join the club too. Glad others are having great storms today but feeling SO deprived here. Loving the hot weather but want a proper storm!! A distant rumble with no lightning back at the end of June is just not good enough...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Where do you live then adamjas? :D it looks like now it's just east Wales and west middlanders in here now :(

you must have had 2 storms, 06th and 09th May? no storms for me this summer, as may is technically classed as spring

Posted

you must have had 2 storms, 06th and 09th May? no storms for me this summer, as may is technically classed as spring

I recall one close encounter On the night of the 9th my friend in burntwood reported lightening but not here in Lichfield!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Pretty much all of Worcestershire, West Midlands, Herefordshire and parts of Shropshire should be out of this club. May delivered a fair part to our region then. Warwickshire i Know for sure has been storm deprived though.

Posted

Pretty much all of Worcestershire, West Midlands, Herefordshire and parts of Shropshire should be out of this club. May delivered a fair part to our region then. Warwickshire i Know for sure has been storm deprived though.

We did get an overhead storm here on the 9th of May about 11pm, with lighning- although it only lasted half an hour or so. A couple of distant rumbles/flashes but virtually no rain on April 23rd. However absolutely nothing in the "summer" quarter- despite several humid, thundery-feeling days and Atlantic system hitting warmer air to the east setups.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Just a gentle reminder to remind you all of what lightning actually is as I know you've all probably forgotten ::(:wallbash:

Lightning is an atmospheric electrostatic discharge (spark) accompanied by thunder, which typically occurs during thunderstorms, and sometimes during volcanic eruptions or dust storms.[1] From this discharge of atmospheric electricity, a leader of a bolt of lightning can travel at speeds of 220,000 km/h (140,000 mph), and can reach temperatures approaching 30,000 °C (54,000 °F), hot enough to fuse silica sand into glass channels known as fulgurites which are normally hollow and can extend some distance into the ground.[2][3] There are some 16 million lightning storms in the world every year.[4] Lightning causes ionisation in the air through which it travels, leading to the formation of nitric oxide and ultimately, nitric acid, of benefit to plant life below.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lightning

Good luck for weekend , we have some potential.:whistling:

Posted

Just a gentle reminder to remind you all of what lightning actually is as I know you've all probably forgotten ::(:wallbash:

Lightning is an atmospheric electrostatic discharge (spark) accompanied by thunder, which typically occurs during thunderstorms, and sometimes during volcanic eruptions or dust storms.[1] From this discharge of atmospheric electricity, a leader of a bolt of lightning can travel at speeds of 220,000 km/h (140,000 mph), and can reach temperatures approaching 30,000 °C (54,000 °F), hot enough to fuse silica sand into glass channels known as fulgurites which are normally hollow and can extend some distance into the ground.[2][3] There are some 16 million lightning storms in the world every year.[4] Lightning causes ionisation in the air through which it travels, leading to the formation of nitric oxide and ultimately, nitric acid, of benefit to plant life below.

Same to you Jane but if this weekend does not deliver then I'll be booking in for 2012. At least next year can't possibly be any worse than this year. Luckily it is impossible to get a worse tally for storms than ZERO.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Hmm..

Jane, I think your wrong.

Lightning is just a myth. Its evidently no real otherwise I would of seen it!

Posted

Same to you Jane but if this weekend does not deliver then I'll be booking in for 2012. At least next year can't possibly be any worse than this year. Luckily it is impossible to get a worse tally for storms than ZERO.

Thanks Carl , I've been in the NSC for 5 years now :nonono:

and the way things are going it looks like you and others could be joining me for the next 5 years..:(:cray:

Hmm..

Jane, I think your wrong.

Lightning is just a myth. Its evidently no real otherwise I would of seen it!

Lol, true Lynxus. Most definitely a myth.It's not real after all. When ever is Gloucestershire going to see such a thing grrrrrr.

Posted

A slight take on that methinks...

"Just a gentle reminder to remind you all of what lightning actually is as I know you've all probably forgotten :

Lightning is an atmospheric non-existent phenomena predominantly for Solihull, Wrexham and Cheltenham which causes electrostatic discharge, accompanied by thunder which for said areas above, is usually down to vocal ranting and raving, or wheelie bins being moved. The former which typically occurs during thunderstorms forecast for said areas above, and not come to fruition. From this discharge of raging electrical anger, the leader of a No Storms Club can, after watching a guarantee of storms in her area for the past 5 years or so and seriously disappointed can throw teacups that can travel at speeds of 220,000 km/h (140,000 mph)

There are some 16 million lightning storms in the world every year. Except Solihull, Wrexham and Cheltenham in 2011.

[4] Lightning causes satisfaction in the North East of England air through which it has travelled extensively so far in 2011, leading to the formation of storm-starved frustration elsewhere."

Phil.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

I don't have a problem with others getting storms, just really baffled to why the south west & west midlands are not getting anything what so ever.

Posted

INSTALLING STORMS...

██████████ █████░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░ ░░44% DONE.

Install delayed... .please wait.

Installation failed. Please try again.

404 error: Storms not found. Season " Storms " cannot be located.

The storms you are looking for might have been removed, had its name

changed, or is temporarily unavailable.....

Phil.

Edited by Phil UK

Posted

I don't have a problem with others getting storms, just really baffled to why the south west & west midlands are not getting anything what so ever.

hi i know how you feel one flash of lightning and a rumble of thunder about 4 months ago does not make a t-storm get so frustrated watching tham pass 100 miles to my south east and west grrrr...

I can see the towers building seems like we build tham up lovely and knock them off to the rest of the UK ..

kaz x

Posted

Hopefully well will be seeing jane out of here and I think phil would become the new host :D she certinaly looks to be in a good location and things are looking good already :)

Edited by Staffordshire

Posted

Lol I'm not that bad am I :lol: :lol: I can't get on here much today I can't work out this phone lol but I will certainly let u know if I get something.cloud a bit messy here In cheltenham at the moment.

Posted

Lol I'm not that bad am I :lol: :lol: I can't get on here much today I can't work out this phone lol but I will certainly let u know if I get something.cloud a bit messy here In cheltenham at the moment.

As good, dosent seem fair someone can go 5 years without one an people like Paul Michael get 12 inwhat 3 months?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Sorry Jane but Phil UK has finally had his storm and has now left the club! Apparently his best thunder since 2003!

Posted

The roll call is really short now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fire tornado

aha I think I'm out because a few people saying distant rumbles count as a storm :(

No they dont lol! A storm isnt a storm without a good light show! This country has 3 weeks to give me a storm before i leave untill next summer.