Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Spring Weather Discussion Thread

J10

Posted

Looking at my weather reports, it's looking pretty bleak for me to make any money over the next 14 days, correct me if im wrong !!!?? :cc_confused:

Anyone got any information on the weather from the 14th of February onwards. Or even March? Have we seen the last of the frost/ice ? With exception of tonight and tomorrow?

Shall I pack my gritter away? :help:

Posted

Definately not seen the last of the frosts or snow even last may gave frost,it would`ve snowed here actually if there was any decent showers which there wasn`t when it was cold enough,1 light soft hail shower last may.

There is a cold 24hrs thursday/friday from a very lively atlantic cold air reaching all the way.

Snow showers in North Wales anyway.

It is less cold today already above yesterday`s max now at -0.2c min of -3.9c it`s cloudy light SE wind.

Great for walking no mud which is very annoying,ground has all frozen dry.

Could well be another cold spring this year,la nina remember 2008.

Posted

People need to stop writing february and w inter off its only Jan for heaven sake. Who would have said we'de be recording -10/-11 this week? My lowest temp has been -10.8 and have had 2 ice days. People need to stop being so premature when it comes to the weather.

Posted

People need to stop writing february and w inter off its only Jan for heaven sake. Who would have said we'de be recording -10/-11 this week? My lowest temp has been -10.8 and have had 2 ice days. People need to stop being so premature when it comes to the weather.

If people would stop moaning about lack of snow ,its still been another cold winter and if we be patient the snow will come end of february march with a late spring also looks a strong possibility due to la nina effect.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

-10.6c the low.

Cheers Jackone!

Edited by Tonyh

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Another cold night, -6C and -6C also Friday night.

Posted

Pen-blwydd hapus tonyh :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Its a much milder day currently 3.9C and sunny after a cold and frosty start - I would be happy if it was like this for the rest of winter if it meant no wind and rain!

Posted

We are very lucky this Winter. Record breaking cold in November and December, a rather cold and frosty (not snowy though) January, and its looking like a decent mix of weather conditions for February.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions

HAPPY BIRTHDAAAY TONYH :D

Posted

Dioch yn fawr guysdrunk.gif

and gals!

Edited by Tonyh

Posted

-10.6c the low.

Cheers Jackone!

Those sort of temps back in december here diesel had froze at our neighbours,and it was winter diesel,memories of 1981/82

Max of 1c today and the cloud cleared,no wind today currently -3c looks like the coldest night here this week.

Once the SW-ly comes it`s curtains.

Posted

-6c already.

Posted

-8.2c!

Could be colder than last night, but many sub -10c nights this Winter, the lowest being -17.7c on Xmas day.

Even this much more moderate Winter month has produced half a dozen very hard frosts (below -7c), and all in the past 12 days.

Edited by Tonyh

Posted

-8.2c!

Could be colder than last night, but many sub -10c nights this Winter, the lowest being -17.7c on Xmas day.

Even this much more moderate Winter month has produced half a dozen very hard frosts (below -7c), and all in the past 12 days.

Yes you are correct its -8.4 here absolutely freezing, ice is a good 4 inches thick on the pond again, this cold weather was greatly under estimated especially proves what clear skies can do and an easterly flow. Fields look white with snow here although its just a thick lasting frost. Possibility of something wintry thursday now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Its my coldest morning of the month at currently -5.9C

Posted

Minimum -10.9c

Beat yesterday!

Edited by Tonyh

Posted

That's 5 days in a row not reaching 3c, with very severe frosts. Quite a hard little cold spell, the second one in January.

Some of the roads covered in quite thick ice build up where run off has frozen and accumulated.

Posted

Beautiful hoar frost this morning, with those frost patterns on the car that you only get with a truly severe frost, and frost on the inside of our bedroom windows for the umpteenth time this Winter.

Am I in a minority of people that appreciate dry, very cold conditions. and notably low temperatures?

Posted

Am I in a minority of people that appreciate dry, very cold conditions. and notably low temperatures?

I`ll take this type of cold spell anyday over wet SW-lys.

Far far better when working outside,getting wet with drving is no good.

1c now so changes afoot,temps won`t be rising all that much tonight though.

Posted

Well to save us from going a whole day without a single post (a sure sign the weather is getting a little, well boring I suppose) last night saw the coldest temperature recorded in 2011 for my part of the World with the temp dropping to -6.7c .the warmest day in January was the 14th with max daytime temps of 11.4c. so a swing of some 18 degrees in max/mim temperature ranges - definitely not as extreme as December but not too bad. Dew point has not got above zero degrees since the 26th Jan and is still at -0.62 tonight at 12am.

Looks like we're heading into a milder / wetter scenario for the next week - clinging to the hope that mid Feb outwards is still too far out of the reliable time frame for accurate predicions But can't say I'm too hopeful for anything more "exciting" this winter now. I've come to the conclusion though (as if we have any choice in the matter) I would rather have one extreme month like December and sacrifice the remaining months to the usual mush than have the milder , wetter winters with the occasional cold spell that prior to last year seemed to be the norm.

Oh well - fingers crossed and at least there shouldn't be any frost on the car to worry about fora while. whistling.gif