Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Spring Weather Discussion Thread

J10

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Country Tracks showed mild with more rain and drizzle at times, but also drier and brighter days.

They also said much colder next week.

Posted

40mph gusting to 70mph at lake vrynway not many miles away,and it has picked up again here gales.

Havn`t checked everywhere from the other night yet for any extra damage,today will be fine.

Sounded 3 times louder than this the other night mind.

Posted

Country Tracks showed mild with more rain and drizzle at times, but also drier and brighter days.

They also said much colder next week.

Glad you picked up on that comment Tonyh - "Much Colder Next Week" - I've never ever seen or heard a forecaster on the seven day/weekly country file/tracks forecast do that before - so - there must be something up at the met office - and from this mornings GFS it seems a very potent easterly could well be on the cards!!!!!!!!!! - and the meto know it's coming!

Edited by andymusic

Posted

Glad you picked up on that comment Tonyh - "Much Colder Next Week" - I've never ever seen or heard a forecaster on the seven day/weekly country file/tracks forecast do that before - so - there must be something up at the met office - and from this mornings GFS it seems a very potent easterly could well be on the cards!!!!!!!!!! - and the meto know it's coming!

Did the same plenty of advance warnings before december cold spell,looks looks they pretty wary of the upcoming cold spell.

Posted

That`s interesting them saying that,models don`t look good enough to say anything positive to much the atlantic looks too overwhelming,but the coldest pool of the winter is certainly heading into europe so last chance for some severe cold into late feb and then march probably as the atlantic dies back.

Going back to april 2000 was the wettest on record,wettest since 1756.

2007 being the warmest ever was the driest since just 1957.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

SNOW SNOW GO AWAY!:p wouldn't usually say this but I don't want to be standed in Heathrow in 12 days time! I want to get to NYC to enjoy the snow they are getting:)

Posted

Hi Steve, are you wireless to the sensor console, as if so it only reports back every 2 minutes or so and most of the gusts therefore are missed, I have not had above 25 mph this spell, even though I am pretty sure gusts have been reaching around 50mph.

Basically, that's what you get from a low end of the range WS, time to save up for that Davis VPacute.gif

Also in a garden setting with trees and houses about, the siting is far from ideal, and preferably the anemometer should be above the roof tops.

Hi Tony - yes your right I need to move the aeonometer higher but when I painted the side of my house last year I was clinging onto the ladder for grim death at the apex of the roof so not sure I want to do it again without a parachute- perhaps we'll see in the spring when things calm down a bit. Am actually thinking of getting a Davis as I've enjoyed this one a lot more than I thought I would but won't be for a while unfortunately (unless my lotto number comes up anytime soon)

Posted

Thread is a separate football thread, to which all the posts relating to that have been posted to

http://forum.netweat...1/page__st__360

All future posts will go there.

lol if Swansea won bet you would keep it on here:) only joking. Understood Jack.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

:nonono: Slap on the wrist for the Met Office is in order I think.

Storm force gusts of wind in North Wales today but all they could issue was an advisory?

Yet when a dusting of snow the equivalent of an icing sugar dusting is due they cant get the warnings out quick enough!

Posted

GFS 12z - just outside of the relieable time frame - overnight sunday into monday next week - well well well - forget the easterly - seems it wants to serve up some cold pm air along with a nice slow moving front - and guess what - finally snow possibly back on the weather menu for Wales - and then a lovely strong easterly into the low res part of the run - but what a beauty

Sunday night next weekend - this could well be winter fighting back

rart_11021400_0712.gif?2dd07dd944480968708b31efe6eb3684

Edited by andymusic

Posted

GFS 12z - just outside of the relieable time frame - overnight sunday into monday next week - well well well - forget the easterly - seems it wants to serve up some cold pm air along with a nice slow moving front - and guess what - finally snow possibly back on the weather menu for Wales - and then a lovely strong easterly into the low res part of the run - but what a beauty

NO TO SNOW ON 18TH FEB PLEASE:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Sunny days 25C Autumn/Spring: Rain and storms Winter:Snow

Well it could all still be thrown down the drain, but we're starting to see consistency in the charts now :D

Posted

NO TO SNOW ON 18TH FEB PLEASE:)

Well on this particular GFS run this is the chart for the beginning of that day - a strong cold dare I say snowy easterly is well under way by the 18th Feb - so - a bit far out and low res - but could be a sign of bitter weather to come

Rtavn2521.png

Posted

Well on this particular GFS run this is the chart for the beginning of that day - a strong cold dare I say snowy easterly is well under way by the 18th Feb - so - a bit far out and low res - but could be a sign of bitter weather to come

Rtavn2521.png

Looking good andy need to kick the yankee JB into touch now,

Posted

If this comes off he's toast!!!!!!!!!:crazy:

Potential is there ,again met office mentioned a cold spell on its way looks good.

Without wishing to over ramp, I think we have seen a step forward tonight, of the chances of colder weather pushing in from the east/ north East, with better agreement between ECM and GFS. We are not at the ramping from the rooftops stage yet, as things can very easily go pear shaped, but some very real promise atm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and warm summers

Potential is there ,again met office mentioned a cold spell on its way looks good.

Just had a look at the meto web site and can't see anything of interest tbh.

Model thread is full of the usual bickering between rampers and mild-lovers with a lot of hopecasting. Nice to see Andymusic back with the mental charts tho!

Posted

Just had a look at the meto web site and can't see anything of interest tbh.

Model thread is full of the usual bickering between rampers and mild-lovers with a lot of hopecasting. Nice to see Andymusic back with the mental charts tho!

Radio 5 expect changes sunday onwards looks very interesting from sunday with a possible rain to snow event turning bitter cold thereafter.

Posted

Posted

My Freezealert Package with data I get from Netweather is showing a drop in temperatures from Sunday onwards - Happy Days !!!! I have been told im the only person with Rock Salt left ! - so.....Lets grease down the gritter, hopefully it will be another busy one. The good thing is - the council dont know where it is! :yahoo:

Posted

A cold spell of sorts certainly on for next week, which could come in the following forms:

1. Snow early in the week followed by a bitterly cold east/ SE flow.
  2. Battleground UK between a Scandi high and deep Atlantic low giving heavy snowfall in parts, thereafter rather cold but with a thaw.
  3. A short- lived cold (and dry?) snap early in the week before rather mild and unsettled weather returns.

One thing, a very mild start to February with the snowdrops now coming into bloom. However it was -4c here this morning.

Edited by Tonyh