J10

Posted

Very strong winds here all night

Posted

To much curry for you last night :clap:

Posted

and still going strong today also - where they seem to have died down over Scotland - mind you, good thing - Cairngorm had gusts over 115mph and then their anemometer broke off :crazy: - general gusts of 100mph have been wreaking havoc in Scotland overnight - but Wales wasn't that far off in the north at around 90mph gusts

Models still toying with this easterly for us in the next 7 - 10 days - seems the weather will definitely quieten down again though as we head into next week - the Atlantic will be silenced once again

Edited by andymusic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

90 mph gust at Lake Vyrnwy according to xcweather.co.uk

Posted

90 mph gust at Lake Vyrnwy according to xcweather.co.uk

Oh yes - winds definitely seem to be increasing in ferocity again this afternoon all over Wales

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

It has surprised me somewhat that the Met Office has talked of the winds in Scotland and for Northern England and yet has referred to the conditions in Wales as nothing worse than "blustery"!

I don't know what its been like in the rest of Wales but here in the North its been pretty wild and is continuing to be.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Been a horrible windy day here with some drizzle, can't wait for that one hot day in the summer!

Posted

One last winters blast in 10 days time cold to very cold at times with severe frost returning ,let see if we can develope some snow from our winters swansong.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Yes windy here too, not very nice out! I would take back the cold, dry weather over this any day!!

Posted

Gwyntog/Stormus iawn fan hyn, gobeithio fydd 'na storom yn Stadiwm y Mileniwm heno. Dewch Gymru!

Windy/Stormy here tonight, let's hope there will be a storm in the Millenium Stadium tonight. Come on Wales!

Edited by adamjones416

Posted

What is everyones opinions for the second half of February? People are talking about a late spring? Will Winter go out with a BANG ? :bomb::cold:

Your opinions and advice would be much appreciated ! :gathering:

Also - cant believe the game last night. There was not enough cutting edge in the backs. No one running straight either. It was like Severns Rugby at times. We didnt use Jamie Roberts Enough and our scrums were not solid enough to create a good platform for delivery. Stoddart, albeit scored, is not good enough for Wales, cant catch or tackle. We should have learnt that from previous opportunities he has been given. Mitchell is not established enough yet, needs more professional Ospreys games. I like Powell being back and Ryan Jones on the bench. Ryan Jones has never really been that good in my eyes anyway. Bradley Jones gets better all the time and Warburton is cracking also. Too many players in the Wales team that lacks confidence and are not hard enough. They dont cut them like they used to. :diablo:

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

FI= Fantasy Island, unresolved models, where virtually anything is possible and nothing set in stone, that' s the picture for the second half of February.

Edited by Tonyh

What is everyones opinions for the second half of February? People are talking about a late spring? Will Winter go out with a BANG ? :bomb::cold:

Your opinions and advice would be much appreciated ! :gathering:

Also - cant believe the game last night. There was not enough cutting edge in the backs. No one running straight either. It was like Severns Rugby at times. We didnt use Jamie Roberts Enough and our scrums were not solid enough to create a good platform for delivery. Stoddart, albeit scored, is not good enough for Wales, cant catch or tackle. We should have learnt that from previous opportunities he has been given. Mitchell is not established enough yet, needs more professional Ospreys games. I like Powell being back and Ryan Jones on the bench. Ryan Jones has never really been that good in my eyes anyway. Bradley Jones gets better all the time and Warburton is cracking also. Too many players in the Wales team that lacks confidence and are not hard enough. They dont cut them like they used to. :diablo:

Mitchell is never going to displace Adam Jones from the Ospreys team. I thought Powell was a liability as always, don't rate him at all, how many penalties did he give away, Ryan Jones has been in great from this season (albeit not at No 8 ) and he really helped when he came on. I also disagree about our scrums, I thought generally we had the edge in the scrums, and had them in trouble a few times.

The starting back row were all disappointing/poor in my eyes. Both centres were anonymous and the tactic of hoping Shane would conjure something was weak, particularly as he has only played 20 minutes since getting injured in November.

The injuries to Adam Jones, Halfpenny and Gethin Jenkins didn't help Gatland, but he still picked players out of position and out of form (Phillips and possibly even Hook), and making Matthew Rhys captain was a strange one, when on current from, he is not worthy of a place in the side.

Anyway enough of the depressing stuff and my rant, what about the weather. :whistling:

There might be a short lived frost this week, but generally, the chances of an easterly look to be diminishing, it cannot be ruled out completely, but the lack of High pressure in Greenland, means the Development of a cold easterly odds against.

Posted

If I had to have a stab I would say an Atlantic dominated pattern, with perhaps a cold snap in the last week of February.

More chances of cold snaps and some snow in March.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Sunny days 25C Autumn/Spring: Rain and storms Winter:Snow

I remember a few years ago we had heavy snow with 4-5inches 1-3rd March, so there's still time yet!

Posted

Snow is not uncommon even in April but tends to melt as soon as it settles.

It can still stick around in early March though, so as you say still a chance.

Posted

Thanks for the feedback.

I played rugby with both Adam and Paul James. Adam has never been good, just a lump. Which is pretty much all he's used for Wales. He is not mobile enough, just a scrummager. With the modern game, Props and Hookers are an area which across all countries is open to development. Paul James has always been a cracking player, from school boys, youth and seniors. Brings more to the team than just scrummaging. Hard as nails and a good leader.

Phillips wasnt his nuisance self, didnt seem with it. Shane is a cracking player, but I personally do think age is catching up. He will walk into any team and his achievements have been fantastic, but the youngests these days (Australian winger for instance) are starting to pip him.

I disagree with Ryan, never done it for me. Not enough bulk to the guy. Good in front of a camera and a good talker. Alun Wyn was quite quiet too. Powell is a liability, but you need his physciality. You either love him or hate him - just dont give him a bottle of whisky and a golf buggy.

I agree with Matthew Rees, again like Ryan Jones, another player I have never rated.

Not enough dog in them. They come out for their next Gillet deal not to play rugby.

As for the scrums, some the balls Stephen was getting from the scrum was putting us on the back foot, no movement to create the right platform. Too messy.................

The mad thing is, England didnt look good either...............:wallbash: They are doing what they done before, they will peak at the right time again - just before the world cup when it matters ! and then go crap again.

Didnt like Gatlands comments after the game, we played well and a smirk??? I dont know what game he was watching. We are lacking the composure at 12 to bring runners in. Stephen was thowing it to Jonathan as if to say "you do something with it". In those situations you need hook or a henson player, who will stop, scan and take the right option. Didnt seem like there was any leadership in the back. Where was the Welsh flare. As for Gatland, again, I think he's lucky to be there. I dont rate him. The success of Wales from Ruddock and the honeymoon period of Gatland was as a direct result of Henrys blue prints many years before. The plan needs to be re-visited and tweaked. Many of the current Welsh boys and some recent international players will tell you the same.

These boys get paid too much and think they are superstars. They dont play for the badge anymore. My mate is over in New Zealand and he said he sees alot of the New Zealand team out a bit, and albeit they are a hit with the ladies, they dont go around like they are superstars, they are down to earth and will have a chat. The welsh boys need to take a leaf out of their books and realise what they are doing when they put on the jersey. All taken for granted - its just a £10k cheque to them.

Oooo well thats the way the cookie crumbles. Im too angry to moan anymore :diablo:

Thanks for the feedback.

I played rugby with both Adam and Paul James. Adam has never been good, just a lump. Which is pretty much all he's used for Wales. He is not mobile enough, just a scrummager. With the modern game, Props and Hookers are an area which across all countries is open to development. Paul James has always been a cracking player, from school boys, youth and seniors. Brings more to the team than just scrummaging. Hard as nails and a good leader.

Phillips wasnt his nuisance self, didnt seem with it. Shane is a cracking player, but I personally do think age is catching up. He will walk into any team and his achievements have been fantastic, but the youngests these days (Australian winger for instance) are starting to pip him.

I disagree with Ryan, never done it for me. Not enough bulk to the guy. Good in front of a camera and a good talker. Alun Wyn was quite quiet too. Powell is a liability, but you need his physciality. You either love him or hate him - just dont give him a bottle of whisky and a golf buggy.

I agree with Matthew Rees, again like Ryan Jones, another player I have never rated.

Not enough dog in them. They come out for their next Gillet deal not to play rugby.

As for the scrums, some the balls Stephen was getting from the scrum was putting us on the back foot, no movement to create the right platform. Too messy.................

Adam Jones has improved immeasurably over the years and is possibly the best scrummager in world rugby, Wales missed him massively last night. Paul James have developed well to be honest and is good leader. As for Shane, age is catching up but since his injury he has only player 20 minutes of rugby, he will need a few games to get back to his best, probably his last season.

Agree to disagree on Ryan, Wyn Jones did solidly last night, and probably did more than Bradley Davies. The scrums were messy some we Destroyed others, others we were going backwards. the referring in this regard was uneless, it seems all about the hit these days.

The mad thing is, England didnt look good either...............:wallbash: They are doing what they done before, they will peak at the right time again - just before the world cup when it matters ! and then go crap again.

Didnt like Gatlands comments after the game, we played well and a smirk??? I dont know what game he was watching. We are lacking the composure at 12 to bring runners in. Stephen was thowing it to Jonathan as if to say "you do something with it". In those situations you need hook or a henson player, who will stop, scan and take the right option. Didnt seem like there was any leadership in the back. Where was the Welsh flare. As for Gatland, again, I think he's lucky to be there. I dont rate him. The success of Wales from Ruddock and the honeymoon period of Gatland was as a direct result of Henrys blue prints many years before. The plan needs to be re-visited and tweaked. Many of the current Welsh boys and some recent international players will tell you the same.

These boys get paid too much and think they are superstars. They dont play for the badge anymore. My mate is over in New Zealand and he said he sees alot of the New Zealand team out a bit, and albeit they are a hit with the ladies, they dont go around like they are superstars, they are down to earth and will have a chat. The welsh boys need to take a leaf out of their books and realise what they are doing when they put on the jersey. All taken for granted - its just a £10k cheque to them.

Oooo well thats the way the cookie crumbles. Im too angry to moan anymore :diablo:

To be honest I didn't rate Henry, I think Ruddock did a good job, and Gatland got lucky in his first season, but I would keep him now until the World Cup. (Why he was given a contract extension is beyond me. )

While there was passion last night, I do think that some of the players aren't really playing for the shirt anymore. I thought that Wales were deservedly beaten last night, and IMO I agree we didn't play well, and largely agree with the 2 paragraphs above.

-------

Apologies to anyone who feels this is off topic, but it is quiet with the weather at the moment.

Tony feel free to remove any rugby comments to the Sports thread if you feel free.

Posted

2-3 inches of rain today in southern Snowdonia, and a lot more to come over the next day or two.

Posted

Getting on for 4 inches in the past 24 hours in SE Snowdonia, east of Dolgellau and towards Corwen.

Posted

Getting on for 4 inches in the past 24 hours in SE Snowdonia, east of Dolgellau and towards Corwen.

Highest windspeed I've recorded is only 15mph in the last two weeks which seems pretty low to me considering the way the trees have been bending over recently. May have to move the aeonometer to a more elevated position - either that or my idea of windspeed is a bit more removed from reality than it should be.- going to check some of the local weather stations to get a better feel for what I should be expecting to see.

Posted

Hi Steve, are you wireless to the sensor console, as if so it only reports back every 2 minutes or so and most of the gusts therefore are missed, I have not had above 25 mph this spell, even though I am pretty sure gusts have been reaching around 50mph.

Basically, that's what you get from a low end of the range WS, time to save up for that Davis VPacute.gif

Also in a garden setting with trees and houses about, the siting is far from ideal, and preferably the anemometer should be above the roof tops.

Posted

As we are in la nina have a compare with these.

Heaviest snowfall it has snowed in the last decade in March/april although the 2000`s are certainly not the best eg at all for april getting,besides one or 2 exceptions,of which those were la nina years.

2000 la nina

March just a sprinkling.

April blizzards 9inches coldest april day I`ve recorded.

2001 la nina.

Coldest march night I`ve recorded 2 days of blizzards upto 8inches.

April Just 1 day sleet/snow falling.

March 1 day sleet/snow falling.

april 1 day sleet/snow falling.

March 1 day with a sprinkle of snow.

April snowless a few notable cold nights,but 1 record hot day.

March A dusting.

april only 1 day sleet/snow falling.

March The continuing cold from late february covering of snow.

April 2 days snow shower falling.

2006 la nina.

Best prolonged cold march spell of the decade 4inches.

April 5 days sleet/snow falling slight tempory covering.

March 3 inches and a blizzard.

april 0 record hot month.

2008 la nina

March 12 days sleet/snow falling 1 inch.

April 2 inches 8 days sleet/snow falling almost as good as 1998 for number of falling days.

March dusting.

April 0.

March dusting 31st.

April Covering snow 1st.

Looks like we`re due a cold spring then either march or april or both.

Least for february snow was 1998 with 2 days sleet/snow falling 1st/28th which was el nino.

0 days so far this feb.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Yes its been windy, still highest gust i recorded didn't go above 37.6mph! a few of the plant pots blew over but nothing much!

What can we expect for the next week or so?