Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland - Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzards and frost.

temp here now is 5.4c, still raining heavy, and its absolutley gone baltic.

cant wait to see your pics ronan, pretty impressive so early in october.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

The wind and rain has finally arrived for me, nothing bad yet...getting there.

When did the regional threads open again? I must have missed it.

Edited by The watcher

Posted

They are open quite a while Watcher! Hows things with you mate? Are you ready for our yearly ramp on here? Ok folks heres the video i took about 10 mins ago of our first wintry stuff of the year. Current temps in Ballykelly near to where i live is 5 degrees with a dew point of 4. Could be slightly different for me as i am higher up!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Cheers for that video Ronan! Live in Dungiven myself. Raging though because I'm stuck in an airport in London and I'm missing all the craic- not home until 6:45pm!

Posted

I'm definitely ready for the winter ramping again. That's definitely sleet/partially melted hailstones you've got there. The cause of the temperature drops and wintriness is most likely to be strong downdraughts within the showers/rain band, thus colder air filtering down to lower levels quite quickly. MetO actually have N/W areas of Ireland under heavy hail symbols. You could class this as the first wintry spell to come to our shores of the Autumn and Winter.

Posted

Serious flooding on the roads around here, I have been out clearing the ditches as the drains are overflowing at the minute, I have never ever had it as bad as this before. I just wish it would bugger of to the east and drain away.

Congrats on the first wintry weather Ronandrinks.gif

Good to see you back Watcher - although not very good cough cough watching by you if you didn't notice the regional trend has been opened since Marchacute.gif

The Wife tells me it was snowing in Omagh, no sign of it in Pomeroy which is a bit strange!!

LOL just got a leaflet through the post from the road service about its winter service, never seen that before do they know something we don't....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzards and frost.

definately sleet in that ronan, good video.

pomeroy, roads are in a bad way here too. 23mm of rain since 9 this morning, river by me is bursting its banks with an urgency.

outside temp did get down to 4.5c, now rising to 4.9c.

Posted

Yeah, bad watching on my behalf lol.

Suddenly got very intense here, horizontal rain, gusting winds, car alarms going off. I even have a first, water being blown vertical into the air in little droplets. Strange noise also, almost like a vaccum cleaner is sucking on someones face lol.

Posted

Suddenly got very intense here, horizontal rain, gusting winds, car alarms going off. I even have a first, water being blown vertical into the air in little droplets. Strange noise also, almost like a vaccum cleaner is sucking on someones face lol.

rofl.gif

Posted

I dread to think why the car alarm sounds like it's getting closer.....is it flying? Wind a little calmer now, rain has also become less intense but still moderate.

Posted

I won't ask what you get up to at the weekend!!

And I don't know why I am excited to say this but its sleety here now as well!!

Hope you don't live a low levels folks, if you get this rain there is a good danger of flooding especially in prone areas

Posted

That's all she wrote here, winds have died down 75%, raining normally (ie boring wetness) and the squall has passed. 5 minutes of Glory, but it was worth it. I'm in a low lying area, but don't think flooding will be an issue here as the rain hasn't been as consistent and heavy as other areas.

Posted

That's all she wrote here, winds have died down 75%, raining normally (ie boring wetness) and the squall has passed. 5 minutes of Glory, but it was worth it. I'm in a low lying area, but don't think flooding will be an issue here as the rain hasn't been as consistent and heavy as other areas.

Good stuff hope it stays that way for you Watcher, the wind was never an issue here either, but the rain, thats another story

Posted

Getting very dark looking overhead now... Temp is holding at 14.8, but pressure is dropping fast, now 999.6 from 1002 an hour ago.

Posted

Currently 13.4c, winds SSW 30mph, gust of 46mph earlier. Overcast but dry. The squall is only 30 miles or so off to my NW behing the Slieve Bloom Mountains...

Posted

according to the radar areas in and around belfast are getting soaked!

Edited by ISAAC