Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland - Regional Weather Discussion

Posted

incredible day folks! left monaghan at 1pm and temp was 11c by the time i got to ballygawley 30 mins later it was 3c with sleet mixed in the heavy rain. frost light came on in the car, thought i was seeing things. alot of roads impassible with floods in clogher valley.

Posted

jeepers 3c in glengormley, thats cold.

I loved living in glengormley, we always got the snow if there was any to be had.smile.png

Yep my street doesnt get much sun either, so it stays for about 2 days longer than anyone else. A real snow trap!

Posted

Ach Big Lad good to see you back on the regional boards my good man!

great to be back pomeroysnow! its an early start for us this year. a cool night outside temp currently 4.3c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

About 30-40 mins of heavy rain and around 3 or 4 hours of drizzle in Cork. Missed out on the fun again it seems!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzards and frost.

a bit nippy this morning, got the house coat on rather sharpish.

overnight low of 3.1c

a nice bright, crisp morning with some impressive cumulonimbus clouds in the sky.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm Chaser, Weathermen and Radar Operator

A convective chance of thunderstorms accross Ireland today, heavy and blustery showers sometimes with Thunder through the day. By evening/night Showers will turn shallow leaving a cold and possibly cloudy night.

Posted

4.4 C for the last hour. No apparent air frost my way soon!

Lovely crisp night though.

Posted

overnight low last night of 2.2c and currently 3c with clear skies so should beat that tonight.

Posted

Motorists are being warned to take care on the roads as the cold snap sets in.

Police say driving conditions in the Shanes Hill Road area of Larne are treacherous due to black ice. They have urged commuters to reduce speed and drive with extra care. The warning comes as another winter of exceptionally cold weather is predicted. An order of 100'000 tonnes of road salt has already been placed as the region prepares for the extreme weather.

A winter help and advice leaflet campaign is being launched on Thursday in a bid to prepare the public for the freezing conditions. Danny Kennedy, Regional Development Minister, told UTV he hopes business disruption will be kept to a minimum. "The preparations are well at hand - the salt bins, the grit piles. Now, I have to say the main emphasis will be to keep the main routes open and to salt the main and most busy routes." However, he said that it was not possible to grit every road, laneway or avenue

http://www.u.tv/News...0c-e84dd30341e5

Is it really that bad over there?

Posted

Holding steady at 10.4 C now for the last hour. Certainly a much milder night than of late.

Posted

Another wet windy mild yucky day - just as it should be for late October, is it just me or does anyone esle find reading the model output and winter 2011/12 threads depressing, I am nearly sure they whined the same way last year, apart from a few sane posters the rest is pure twaddle.

I also think its fair to note that the majority of post would have a IMBY perspective especially a south east IMBY perspective, the attitude being if its going to be cold for them its going to be cold for everyone or if its going to be mild for them its going to mild for everyone, jebus get over yourselves!

I'm a right grumpy Bassa this morning aren't I!!

Posted

Another wet windy mild yucky day - just as it should be for late October, is it just me or does anyone esle find reading the model output and winter 2011/12 threads depressing, I am nearly sure they whined the same way last year, apart from a few sane posters the rest is pure twaddle.

I also think its fair to note that the majority of post would have a IMBY perspective especially a south east IMBY perspective, the attitude being if its going to be cold for them its going to be cold for everyone or if its going to be mild for them its going to mild for everyone, jebus get over yourselves!

I'm a right grumpy Bassa this morning aren't I!!

lashing out of the heavens here. reminds me of the film alien, where it constantly rained.

agree with you there pomeroy, there seems to be an anti-climax this year in the model discussion and not many people are contributing.

regarding the south east bias, thats always been the case on this forum, and learning to ignore it is the best way to cope with it.

Edited by stormforce 10

Posted

Lokking rather wet for the few days, possibly stormy for Halloween too?

doesn't look the may west for the rest of october.

met eireann have a weather warning for flooding tonight.

Posted

doesn't look the may west for the rest of october.

met eireann have a weather warning for flooding tonight.

Bloody sodden ground anyway. WIth all this rain, the low pressure too, it'll be interesting when the tides come in alright for coastal towns...

22.4 mm rain in 24 hours here. Kerry and the west coast had a large amount of rain already yesterday...

Posted

Bloody sodden ground anyway. WIth all this rain, the low pressure too, it'll be interesting when the tides come in alright for coastal towns...

22.4 mm rain in 24 hours here. Kerry and the west coast had a large amount of rain already yesterday...

hi rochey, yes looking pretty bad for some areas with all this rainfall and the already sodden ground.

raining very heavily here at the mo.

eastern coasts tonight and tomorrow will be the place to be.

its also the hp block to the east in europe that is causing problems and will continue to cause problems until it clears off. the lows just keep banging up against it and are dumping large amounts of rainfall on poor us.

Edited by stormforce 10

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

It's been raining buckets here too since yesterday. Raining again and getting rather dark to go with it. I'm way up north mind you but looks like it's gonna pour.

Posted

Wind picked up here after 3.30pm... got a 47mph gust a few minutes ago! 14.0c. It was only 12.3c an hour and a half ago, this wind had brought milder air.