Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland - Regional Weather Discussion

Posted

Pretty calm here atm - sustained light wind with the odd moderate gust. Highest i've recorded is a gust of 19.2mph though to be fair my wind thingy isnt ideally situated so probs a bit higher than that but not by much i'd reckon.

Pressure 973 & steady for now.

Temp 13.2

Humidity 82% & falling

Posted

In County Louth, 3 miles from the sea. I haven't got a station so Dublin Airport is probably the best for me for official reading. I would say I am getting 50 pmh gusts and averaging 40 mph. Gusts tending to come and go. Getting more gusty though as the morning moves on. Unless it gets worse there will be no damage out of this. Good to see the trees bend though in full leaf. Wish it was bit later though as it would mean less raking of leaves later in the autumnacute.gif

Will be interested to see how it t pans out this afternoon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzards and frost.

You'd regret it during winter though, worst Irish city for snowfall imo!

sorry for bumping this,

but fao void.

read a diary on irish weather online yesterday about the winter of 1962/63, and to my amazement cork actually got hit hard in this winter. After reading the full diary from 24th december 1962 - 28th february 1963, and to be honest I would take last november and december of last year any day, for example: prolonged cold periods with lying snow, quite deep too, sub-zero max daytime temps with no thaw at all. permanent frost, ice by day and night. clear dazzling blue skies, with breath takingly fresh air.

16 december - 26th december was to me perfect for a cold and snow lovers dream, you couldn't have made it up.

now the winter of 62/63 did have cold and snow and low temps by night, but there was frequent thaws, and it was often cloudy with gale force easterlies. day time temps frequently got above freezing with patial thaws, so slush and ice were problems.

anyway to cut a long story short, after reading this diary, I felt miserable and would not wish that we get a winter like that.

I'm not sure but 1947 winter seemed to be a much better winter, for example it snowed frequently on and off with no thaws.

last december for me was perfect for cold and snow right bang on during the winter solstice, low sun, short days etc:

any way just my opinion, and heres hoping for another cold and snowy winter.drinks.gif

Posted

There is alot of talk from people I meet about snow coming in October have I missed something that they are all so sure that this will happen.

I personally hope we don't see snow in October as the last time we had this it turned out to be very poor for snowfall the rest of that winter I think it was 2008/2009?

BTW what a result for Ireland in the rugbydrinks.gif

Posted

what a wet month september is turning out to be.27.2mm of rain has fallen since friday with lots more forecast.

the ground is totally sodden here.

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

A fairly cool evening here under clear skies and calm conditions. Temp at 10.3c,the coldest its been at this time of the night so far this season ,a sign of the changing of the season.

Posted

you just sobered up then!

Congrats and enjoy my friend!

Maybe sober is too strong a word drinks.gif

Thanks for the congrats!

Looking like a wee battle ground for us in the expected good weather to our east and the powerful low to our west next week....

Posted

well best day up here in roscommon for ages, sunny, breezy and warm.

it really felt like a proper summers day, everybody seems to be in good form too.

Posted

A pleasant day here with good sunny spells with a max temp of 19.9c

Currently clear with a temp of 14.0c

As much as this current weather is nice i would like what the ECM currently shows for next week which if it was right it would feel alot more Autumnal with maybe some frosts at night.

Edited by sundog

Posted

A pleasant day here with good sunny spells with a max temp of 19.9c

Currently clear with a temp of 14.0c

As much as this current weather is nice i would like what the ECM currently shows for next week which if it was right it would feel alot more Autumnal with maybe some frosts at night.

ecm charts are looking really tasty for a short cold blast next week. bring it on.drinks.gif

keeping the heating bill down is a positive with this weather, its also nice to get out for a walk or do some last minute gardening, but it will also feel as equally welcome the first onslaught of autumn proper, next week.

how is kippure keeping these days sundog? is he still in Ireland?

Edited by stormforce 10

Posted

How's it going guys? Its good to be back on here and reading your thoughts on the upcoming winter and i really look forward to the coming months! There really is a bit of a buzz about the Netweather site! I just hope that people don't get there hopes up and expect a winter like last year again! Don't get me wrong i hope we get something in comparison but i'll certainly be taking a back seat and see how things develope! On the upside it's good to see snow mentioned in the current Metoffice 6-15 day forecast! Probably reserved for the highest hills and its hard to believe giving the temps we are getting here in Derry today...23 degress in my cardrinks.gif ! Here's the Met Office forecast............

UK Outlook for Monday 3 Oct 2011 to Wednesday 12 Oct 2011:

On Monday, cloud and patchy light rain will spread southwards to lie across southern parts of England and Wales. Still warm in southeast at first, but cooler across central and northern areas. Further heavy rain and strong winds or gales will spread across Scotland, and Northern Ireland and northern England later. On Tuesday southern areas largely dry with temperatures near normal. Further showers, periods of rain and strong winds in north, but turning cooler. Rain will spread southwards Tuesday night, then a west or northwesterly flow will develop for the rest of the period with spells of rain or showers in the north. Cooler at times with occasional snow possible over hills, and occasional strong winds or gales in northwest. Drier, brighter conditions in south with temperatures nearer to normal.

Updated: 1144 on Wed 28 Sep 2011

Posted

what another marvellous day, blue skies, warm breeze and plenty of sunshine. is kind of weird though seeing leaves brown and falling of trees, with all this warmth and summer climate. it doesnt feel like autumn.

ronan welcome back my mandrinks.gif are you looking forward to all us weather nuts talking snow for the next six months?

Posted

Ach Ronan what about you bud!

Its good to get the grass cut again today, I can't believe thats the best day we have had since July.

Anyway the swallows left my area last week, thats 3 years in a row now they have left in September, all the years previous they left in October and we know what the last 2 winters brought us!!

Posted

what another marvellous day, blue skies, warm breeze and plenty of sunshine. is kind of weird though seeing leaves brown and falling of trees, with all this warmth and summer climate. it doesnt feel like autumn.

ronan welcome back my mandrinks.gif are you looking forward to all us weather nuts talking snow for the next six months?

Ach Ronan what about you bud!

Its good to get the grass cut again today, I can't believe thats the best day we have had since July.

Anyway the swallows left my area last week, thats 3 years in a row now they have left in September, all the years previous they left in October and we know what the last 2 winters brought us!!

Thanks Storm, i have been looking forward to it since the thaw on Boxing day last year! Lol! Hows you Pomeroy? Bet your hoping for some more of what you got last year!! If memory serves me right you were completely snowed in for a while!! I'm really hoping for the same this year as i have a 2 month old son and it would be great to be snowed in on the first year of his life!! That would be class!! Lol! Anyway i look forward to some ramping in the coming months!good.gif

Posted

ecm charts are looking really tasty for a short cold blast next week. bring it on.drinks.gif

keeping the heating bill down is a positive with this weather, its also nice to get out for a walk or do some last minute gardening, but it will also feel as equally welcome the first onslaught of autumn proper, next week.

how is kippure keeping these days sundog? is he still in Ireland?

Hi stormforce, Yes Kippure is still in Ireland,he is actually heading off to Edinburgh tomorrow for a weekend on the p#ss lol. Hes just a lurker on the forum these days.

Anothe very nice day here today max temp 22.1c, current temp 17.2c,feels like a summers night ,hard to belive next sat is the start of Oct.

Posted

Crazy warm over the last few days, up to 23.9 recorded IMBY.

Anyway, looking forward to the autumnal cool down this week coming... And then into November.... Who knows? cold.gif

Posted

Looks like another warm up on the cards on Tuesday or so after our somewhat more milder conditions this weekend..... Nice! I love the cold and snow but you are spot on stormforce 10, last years eating bills were outrageous!

Posted

plenty of time rochey for snow and cold, wouldn't mind a few more weeks of this warm weather, an extra night in the pub.drinks.gif