Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective Weather Discussion Uk

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Jane if there is one person in this country who can and deserves to be excited... It's you! Lol.:D

Posted

when is the sort of time that storms will not be able to form anymore?

Late evening, around sunset in these conditions. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

when you see the clouds melt away in a couple of hours time :search::rofl: Edited by ElectricSnowStorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

To be honest, storms can form at any time depending on the type of conditions, there are 2 types of storms, Elevated and surface based. Elevated can last all night at times, ut surface based develope mainly in the day, mostly in the afternoon but even these can last a good couple of hours depnding on if the conditions are right.

Someone else will be able to explain betteer than me but i can try :L

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Jane if there is one person in this country who can and deserves to be excited... It's you! Lol.:D

Here here, Blizzards Lol.:)

I can't believe my luck today with all this convection. I expect around 5pm it will all disappear :( But still I remain optimistic Yay lol :yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Here here, Blizzards Lol.:)

I can't believe my luck today with all this convection. I expect around 5pm it will all disappear :( But still I remain optimistic Yay lol :yahoo:

Yup always good staying positive :p

im remaining positive for my first storm chase on saturday, lets hope charts play ball still :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

post-11361-0-50119900-1303399477_thumb.p

we have a lightning strike!

-

Quote "The flow looks to be unstable enough to set off a scattering of Showers and Thunderstorms which will be slow moving and possibly upto Moderate in intensity (especially due to their prolonged nature). Highest risk areas looks to be Central and Western areas pretty much every day of the week except Monday. Widespread storms are not expected but could be scattered at times.

The risk of imports from France into the South East is not out of the question however ingredients for this dont look to improve until later in the week."

:help: just found this while search for some data!

Posted

Delighted to see the storms develop to the E of Peterborough. The current line of storms extends from Huntingdon to Kings Lynn. At the moment its difficult to know if members in Peterborough will see these storms. Shall have the camera ready though.

Posted

I have to just say, we are currently bathing in wonderful sunshine but there are no clouds in the sky for as far as I can see. I shall be in the garden keeping look out from 18.00 onwards armed with a laptop and a G and T! :drunk:

Posted

I have to just say, we are currently bathing in wonderful sunshine but there are no clouds in the sky for as far as I can see. I shall be in the garden keeping look out from 18.00 onwards armed with a laptop and a G and T! :drunk:

Same here Robin

Not a cloud all day, shows the Models were right with the Cape shown around the Uk but little or none on the Coasts. Only cloud I saw was the Mushy Top of the earlier North Kent Shower that headed towards SE London. :drinks:

Magners Time in the Garden!

Posted

Delighted to see the storms develop to the E of Peterborough. The current line of storms extends from Huntingdon to Kings Lynn. At the moment its difficult to know if members in Peterborough will see these storms. Shall have the camera ready though.

Same here TEITS, nice to see some action in our neck of the woods. Sitting in the garden revising I can see the huge ermm...cloud to my south, getting ever closer, not sure if its ever going to get here though.

Edited by Snow_Lover123

Posted

Same here TEITS, nice to see some action in our neck of the woods. Sitting in the garden revising I can see the huge ermm...cloud to my south, getting ever closer, not sure if its ever going to get here though.

The 16.30 radar suggests the storm over March has even intensified and looks to be moving directly W towards Peterborough, very slow moving though.

Posted

The 16.30 radar suggests the storm over March has even intensified and looks to be moving directly W towards Peterborough, very slow moving though.

yes it certainly does seem to have intensified. Unfortunately I dont think Im going to see anything as the storm over March is too far north and the one over Huntingdon is too far south. The storm certainly is taking its time which I suppose is a good thing if it ever does get overhead.

edit: getting even more intense on the 16:45 radar. Hope it hits you TEITS as it is not coming over me.

Edited by Snow_Lover123

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

Just had a few light spots of rain here in Swindon, does show up on the Net weather radar.

Posted

sat look better on this run for my storm risk :D

Better than the last run for me too, tomorrow is my main day though. I never pinned too much hope on today. :)

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

sat look better on this run for my storm risk :D

Aye Stuart, aint looking too bad here for the NE also and good wind convergence to aid lift and tap into some of that energy, but I'll not be happy unless it still shows on the 06z Saturday. Anyway owt will be better than the crap Ive had to endure today, temp hasn't risen over 9.6°C all day..:(

Posted

Aye Stuart, aint looking too bad here for the NE also and good wind convergence to aid lift and tap into some of that energy, but I'll not be happy unless it still shows on the 06z Saturday. Anyway owt will be better than the crap Ive had to endure today, temp hasn't risen over 9.6°C all day..:(

The storm in Cambs is just going to miss me but oh welll.

and wtf! i was just trying to change my display name, and it has just changed to my e-Mail address, then when i tryed to change it back it wouldnt let me...great! (sorry for going off topic)

Edited by [email protected]

Posted

I'm doubting the Peterborough storms will make it the 108 miles NorthWest here to the Peak District, but a converging area just North of Birmingham is lining up nicely which may give a brief thunderstorm or two in the Western Peaks through Cheshire as it encounters topographic lift with the hills.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

The downgrade has been delayed slightly on the 12z (good thing!). That means Northern England is in for a chance of storms again. Unfortunately, I'm going to CUmbria tomorrow and the breakdown looks a tad too far east. It keeps changing though. There might be a few storms tomorrow.

Posted

huge Mr nimbus here....as i type its raining..lol..

edit..ok its spitting

looks very thundery

Edited by dogs32