• Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

nothing me for me again XD

awww, join da club!!!

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

It seems to be looking better now, temp 19.4C and through breaks in the clouds I can see the clouds are rising, are the chances of storms likely to decrease once the sun sets?

I would suggest disappear. The precipitation currently east of Cherbourg is forecast to move mainly NE (METO Invent) and catch the coast west of the Isle of White later. Cornwall and Devon are the main targets tomorrow morning which, if correct, is a blasted nuisance as it's Trevithick Day in these parts.

Posted

Looks like something good has popped up while I wasn't looking!

Down here there are a few 'larger than fair weather' cumulus now with some upwards development. Temp is up to 17.4C with DP at 11.4C.

I'm trying out making a time lapse video by setting my new webcam to take pictures at a set interval, rather than a continuous video speeded up like before, so would be nice to catch some convection with it (if it works)!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow

Keep your eye on the Rain/Thunder band in Saint-Quentin/Amiens area of NE France, that looks like it's heading our way unless it fizzles out or the wind changes direction, so it could be stormy later on!:good:

I'm following that one closely too, some nice convection near the France/Belgium border on the latest satellite - http://www.sat24.com/en/fr

Here's hoping!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

I would suggest disappear. The precipitation currently east of Cherbourg is forecast to move mainly NE (METO Invent) and catch the coast west of the Isle of White later. Cornwall and Devon are the main targets tomorrow morning which, if correct, is a blasted nuisance as it's Trevithick Day in these parts.

Ok cheers, I think im too far west today to see anything! But I might have a better chance tomorrow, will have to wait and see :)

Posted

The storm now affecting central parts has organised into a small multicell storm and has a good hail core on it.

Edited by dave48

Posted

yes they are intensifying..moving towards Bishops gate

sferics increasing

Jane get your camera ready...heading towards us

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

http://www.sat24.nl/nl

For South east and EA we should be looking towards belgium, anywhere south and west of that look towards north france :)

Posted

Right, I want to go to the pub, but will stay at home if anythings likely to hit Somerset, any thoughts?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

Oxford next in firing line of that storm that moved over MK... could only find one webcam, but looks dark, something like a flash on it as well... not sure what that is... could be nothing...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/local/oxford/hi/people_and_places/newsid_8722000/8722402.stm

Edited by SalopWatcher

Posted

Ok cheers, I think im too far west today to see anything! But I might have a better chance tomorrow, will have to wait and see :)

Forecast is for the "storms" to move west into the evening - so may be Wales will get the lightning show during darkness hours Deepsnow

Posted

Im thinking this is a teddy bear at the moment. But the longer it keeps growing it might become a nice severe storm :whistling:

and it is expanding and increasing in rain full rate

Edited by dogs32

Posted

The MetO's latest forecasts don't mention the word thunder at all now from what I can see, I think they do quite well overall but sometimes I don't understand their dislike of the word 'thunder' or especially 'thunderstorms'. Tomorrow they say ' further, sometimes heavy, showers' for the SW and just mention 'showers' on the national forecast. Surely with CAPE of over 1000 shown for part of the SW tomorrow (unless the GFS is seriously overestimating of course) there will be thunder/ thunderstorms around. The first showers that developed today quickly turned into a potent looking storm.

That storm looks pretty impressive on the Netweather Radar, A couple showers in South Dorset have formed recently.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Forecast is for the "storms" to move west into the evening - so may be Wales will get the lightning show during darkness hours Deepsnow

That would be great! Haven't had a night storm in the longest time! Just hope tomorrow sees more convection across the U.K than today!!

Posted

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

I have a horrible feeling that this one is going to just miss us to the north of Bristol. I'm hoping for something a little further south to pop up and drift this way.

Posted

Anyone in Worthing, Bournemouth and Brighton? Can you confirm the sferics in the area?

Posted

Anyone in Worthing, Bournemouth and Brighton? Can you confirm the sferics in the area?

Looking at the radar and sat at this current time it does not look convective, might be soon though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

I can hear distant thunder, there been about 10 of them, according to IOW lightning detector the storms are getting close to us but don't know how accurate it is, becuase the net weather radar showing everything a bit further south than it showing :S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

That storm needs to hold off at least 2 hours lool... Ill never gett all this food cooked on the BBq lol

Arggggggggggggggggggggg YAY. Nooooooo Whooonhooooooooooooooooo

Im in two minds..