Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Chat And Discussion

Posted

We had a rumble of thunder this morning and a short shower.

Just had a light shower. I don't care about storms now, we just need rain here. I stupidly mowed the lawn yesterday and seem to have sucked up the whole Lawn, it was so dusty. I'm even leaving water out for the Birds.

Looks like i will have to get the hose out tomorrow. Blast it.

The radar has been a tease all evening. Just 20 miles away to the east and it's been pouring down.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow

Just the hardcores left now...or the stupid...I'm the latter lol

Don't think this CF is doing bugger all to the cells, but it was a long shot anyway

Posted

OOOps, mean't WEST. lol

Been hammering it down in CMK for three hours now, no lightning or thunder but atleast it's giving the plants and trees a nice drink. :drunk:

You lucy Bas*ard. lol

We really could use it here. No rain in weeks.

Posted

more wind and rain no thunder r lightnin... but happy for the rain... about time had a decent downpoor

Edited by lfcdude

Posted

Just the hardcores left now...or the stupid...I'm the latter lol

Don't think this CF is doing bugger all to the cells, but it was a long shot anyway

lol i am not hardcore either just up late most nights and boxing just starting

glad its rained hopfully a rumble or two later(both thunder and boxing) lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow

lol i am not hardcore either just up late most nights and boxing just starting

glad its rained hopfully a rumble or two later(both thunder and boxing) lol

Same I'm abit of a night owl. currently playing warcraft, and kinda watching doctor who I sky+ ealier this evening lol.

Of cause it as absolutly nothing to do with convective weather...but then nether does the stuff outside :oops:

Posted

I'm staying up until 3am, just to see if anything develops by then. If not, then I'm going to bed. For me, this has been a very disappointing event, as it has been everywhere so far east. There's always next time. :)

A few strikes appearing down south- http://www.blitzortung.org/Webpages/index.php?lang=en&subpage_0=3

Edited by IAmJohnnyDisco

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

on mobile cant look at data, but i can tell u that MW wave radio is picking up increasing activity from not to far , i would say within 50mls of my patch! 0: when cold front gets close its a forcing mechanism, lifting up the cells into higher clouds giving lightning, the humid air mass being replaced by cooler less humid air after the cold front passes, ahead of cold front cells would intensyfy, just my thought, probly right maybe not accurate! what i expect is electrification soon down south these moving north or ne.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T-storms

on mobile cant look at data, but i can tell u that MW wave radio is picking up increasing activity from not to far , i would say within 50mls of my patch! 0: when cold front gets close its a forcing mechanism, lifting up the cells into higher clouds giving lightning, the humid air mass being replaced by cooler less humid air after the cold front passes, ahead of cold front cells would intensyfy, just my thought, probly right maybe not accurate! what i expect is electrification soon down south these moving north or ne.

This is what I've been hoping for (the cold front moving east) but I'm wonering where it is now? It hasn't done anything so far in the south and west, so I'm really skeptical...

Posted

cant see any on nw radar......where abouts you looking johnny?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe storms and heavy snow

Realy wouldnt mind seeing as storm after all this hype. Seems like these days storms in this country seem to be the type where u hear a rumble of thunder n to be honest your not sure if it was just someone putting the wheelie bin out

Posted

Realy wouldnt mind seeing as storm after all this hype. Seems like these days storms in this country seem to be the type where u hear a rumble of thunder n to be honest your not sure if it was just someone putting the wheelie bin out

:clap: i know what you mean mate when you hear there could be a storm and you hear a wheelie bin been pushed and get excited lol

not been a good storm round here since april 2008

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe storms and heavy snow

Saying this as a pilot, but i think the best things to follow can be METARS and TAFS, stands for terminal area reports terminal aerodrome forecasts. The Metars are great for for nowcasts though, and unfortunately no where is reporting thunderstoms, Leeds Bradform (EGNM) was at about 10 o clock but thats it since. N to the privous message, nothing good here since about 2007 to be honest

Edited by john2006

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

just checked Meto radar realished i can do it on my new phone! edit..crackle fuzz on MW and lights flickered! i was saying on the radar a line of intense stuff is west of the southeast must be the cold front, im confident of some storms as radio is picking up activity and it should get more active soon, im struggling to keep a wake!

just checked Meto radar realished i can do it on my new phone! edit..crackle fuzz on MW and lights flickered! i was saying on the radar a line of intense stuff is west of the southeast must be the cold front, im confident of some storms as radio is picking up activity and it should get more active soon, im struggling to keep a wake!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

Think i'll head off also, clearly nothing convection wise is going to happen tonight you'd think, nothing major storm wise for me since July 2009.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

after looking at the lightning map there seems to be stuff to my south west but theres only been about 3 strikes and im nto sure if its worth waiting up for. I was originaly going to stay up untill 5 but after laying down watching tv ive become increasingly tired.

Heads or Tails?

Posted

after looking at the lightning map there seems to be stuff to my south west but theres only been about 3 strikes and im nto sure if its worth waiting up for. I was originaly going to stay up untill 5 but after laying down watching tv ive become increasingly tired.

Heads or Tails?

heads.....if you aint fallen asleep already lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T/Storms, Snow, Extreme Rain, Anything out of the ordinary!

Well, I think thats my lot as well for tonight, watch the Manny fight and see what happens tomorrow. Good luck to the hardcores!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T/Storms, Snow, Extreme Rain, Anything out of the ordinary!

Yep...still plenty more time over the next few months to catch something decent!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Is a shame! Was predicted to get proper rash of storms coming up from France tonight, but turned out to be persistent heavy rain and nothing else! Predicted to get isoloated heavy showers here later in the day today but not really any thunderstorms as it's meant to cool down again gradually from today...ah well...hopefully some ttime in near future we will get another chance :)