Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Chat And Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

post-11361-0-30074000-1304806715_thumb.gheres the situation at 2200hrs i have just drawn up!

the charts on now

Posted

CF now more evident. passing Exeter, Swansea and past Limerick still. More characteristic in France though where it hasn't got this interraction with the trough.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/squalls/hoar-frost/mist

Its certainly interesting that the metoffice have issued flash warnings ( valid @ 23:20 tonight ) .. Just coming into valid..

They must of seen something we havent. As quite clearly theres zero thunder ( and the cells are quite small at the moment )

yes. Yes. yes.. I know we know what will / should kick it off.. However the metoffice know this also. I just wish the meto would have an extra section that explains why they have just issued it ( and their reasons )

I think the reason is that the storms have been around for the last 3 hours in northern areas, so they decided to warm you about the weather that has already been lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Its certainly interesting that the metoffice have issued flash warnings ( valid @ 23:20 tonight ) .. Just coming into valid..

They must of seen something we havent. As quite clearly theres zero thunder ( and the cells are quite small at the moment )

yes. Yes. yes.. I know we know what will / should kick it off.. However the metoffice know this also. I just wish the meto would have an extra section that explains why they have just issued it ( and their reasons )

I've intercepted a secret e-mail between 2 members of metoffice staff......"Due to the unexpected amount of rainfall, We've had to put out 'Severe Weather Watch' due to unforseen combination of mammal and security issues....in other words, we shut the stable door after the horse has bolted"

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

I think the reason is that the storms have been around for the last 3 hours in northern areas, so they decided to warm you about the weather that has already been lol

LOL quite possibly ..

I would of really expected something to happen down south by now. But there just isnt any signal yet.

A couple of sporadic sferics and thats it, Hopefully the meto know something we dont..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Warm summer evenings

Absolute tonne of sferics over NW England/S Scotland on the netweather detector. Looking good , hoping to have a good light show here soon and some heavy rain! :drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/squalls/hoar-frost/mist

I've intercepted a secret e-mail between 2 members of metoffice staff......"Due to the unexpected amount of rainfall, We've had to put out 'Severe Weather Watch' due to unforseen combination of mammal and security issues....in other words, we shut the stable door after the horse has bolted"

Yes they often give out warnings about thunderstorms as the storms are just dying out hahaha

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

I'm 30 minutes or so away from being under the batch that is moving North over central Ireland atm, looks like a cluster of storms that developed in SE Ireland a few hours ago. They have produced lightning, but nothing more than a rumble or two. Will keep you updated as to their intensity.

Posted

Absolute tonne of sferics over NW England/S Scotland on the netweather detector. Looking good , hoping to have a good light show here soon and some heavy rain! :drinks:

I was at a meal at the Traffod Centre this evening, saw no lightning, especially when that sell to the West of Manchester went past at 9pm... Perhaps I wasn't looking properly, but usually if there is lightning about, my friends text me as they know I like it :)

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

Regards to the MET warning. Still possible something electrical could kick off overnight, just down to the fact there is so much energy in the atmosphere. Not sure if the mentioned trough has caught up with the rain band yet, if not it's likely to be the factor that triggers anything electrical.

Latest Infer red sat is out and shows an interesting clump of brighter returns around glucester / swindon area. Could well be some embedded cells beginning to gain height, worth keeping an eye on regardless.

Edited by SnowJoke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Or how about this?......hot off the press

Due to the lack of thunderstorms & concern over some NW members, the Met Office have issued the following:

SEVERE NET WEATHER MEMBER SUICIDE WARNING

Issued at - 07 May 2011, 23:03

Valid from - 07 May 2011, 23:20

Valid to - 08 May 2011, 06:00

Lack of thundestorms are expected to give 10-20 NW members suicidal tendancies quite widely, with up to 30-40 forecasted suicides in a few places. These could occur in a relatively short space of time. Conditions are expected to improve from the south towards dawn on Sunday.

The public are advised to take extra care, further information and advice can be found here:

www.thesamaritans.co.uk & in urgent cases www.nhsdirect.gov

:lol:

(Apologies to midlands regional thread posters who saw my 'snow variant' of this last winter...lol)

Edited by ajpoolshark

Posted

yes i hope there get over here soon :good:

Hi Stu, going by the latest radar image, it looks as if you could be in for quite a show mate :D

Posted

arghhhh! :(

nothing for us this way tonight!! we are too far east!!!

good luck to you guys who are in the firing line :)

Posted

Hi Stu, going by the latest radar image, it looks as if you could be in for quite a show mate :D

but when becuse i want to get myself to bed but dont want to miss anything :lol:

Posted

Due to the lack of thunderstorms & concern over some NW members, the Met Office have issued the following:

Lack of thundestorms are expected to give 10-20 NW members suicidal tendancies quite widely, with up to 30-40 forecasted suicides in a few places. These could occur in a relatively short space of time. Conditions are expected to improve from the south towards dawn on Sunday.

The public are advised to take extra care, further information and advice can be found here:

(Apologies to midlands regional thread posters who saw my 'snow variant' of this last winter...lol)

lol !! brilliant post!!!!

Posted

Thats cheered me up :drinks:

Posted

I just don't see anything happening?! Is it meant to be behind the 1st band or something?

Posted

but when becuse i want to get myself to bed but dont want to miss anything :lol:

stay up mate you only live once :lol:

Posted

shoulda put by the daily mail!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Does not look too good for Leeds unless someone knows different

Posted

My mate just texted me .. was out the back having a ciggie..swears he seen lightning..i went out to check it out couldnt see anything but it does feel very still and 'thundery'

Posted

Just had a wee lightning show in Irvine, West of Scotland. Might be more to come. :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Warm summer evenings

My mate just texted me .. was out the back having a ciggie..swears he seen lightning..i went out to check it out couldnt see anything but it does feel very still and 'thundery'

aye it feels as though somethings brewing here aswell , heres hoping eh :)

Posted

Not sure about the boundary shown for the Met flash warning tonight - far north of england i.e. cumbria and ne england is not included, yet the rain will have to cross these regions and the bbc forecasts keep showing heavy precipitation in these regions. One thing which will aid intensity in these parts is the much higher ground something which the Met don't seem to be taking into account. The Lakeland fells and pennines will enhance intensity due to forced cooling of air rising over the higher ground.

The flash warning for this reason looks very dubious.. but I do expect central parts especially midlands and south yorkshire/peak district to see the heaviest precipitation.