Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

El Gordo! - Spanish Plume Thunderstorm Discussion 2

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Thanks surrey now im not only suffering from the high humidity but now have blurred vision

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

A few years ago, now: NetW search doesn't return anything - we had strobe lightning for about an hour ...

I found one - 2nd Dec 2006 but this was for N Eire and Scotland mainly

Posted

Maybe they haven't done tomorrows yet, because we are really all in for a big treat of a light show, but they dont want to tell us and keep it a surprise? :p

Probably because they cant belive we will actually get a decent storm this year, going on previous performance! :pardon:

Posted

lol I couldn't help myself..and hey blurred vision might make things more interesting XD

Seems like the only flashes im going to see tonight :rolleyes:

Posted

Some nice shadows being cast across Spain by the high topped CBs currently.

http://www.sat24.com/en/sp

I'm loving the look of the development on that lot.

I really think a large swathe of the south of england will be in for a treat tommorow evening, i also would not be suprised to see storms breaking out a lot further west than many are expecting, the cold front looks as thouhgh it may come through later than previous forecasts.

I've read PJB's analysis on UKWW for tomorrow, and all I can say is it seems like an incredibly complex situation and he is brave for being one of the first to provide a detailed outlook! Despite reading it I am none the wiser.

It'll be a case of being in the risk area - and simply getting lucky. It might happen for a lot of us, or just a few of us! :lol:

I tell you what though, I gonna make damn sure it happens for me! :p

Posted

I've read PJB's analysis on UKWW for tomorrow, and all I can say is it seems like an incredibly complex situation and he is brave for being one of the first to provide a detailed outlook! Despite reading it I am none the wiser.

It'll be a case of being in the risk area - and simply getting lucky. It might happen for a lot of us, or just a few of us! :lol:

I tell you what though, I gonna make damn sure it happens for me! :p

Please can you provide a link

Thanks

Posted

Email to me :Two day forecast from the Isle of Wight Weather Station at Newport, Isle of Wight.

Isle of Wight Weather forecast for Monday 27th June, 2011.

40% chance of thunderstorm activity, grass pollen count high, UV index 6.

Overnight it will start off clear becoming a little cloudier by dawn, but it will be a really sticky night with temperatures around 19c. There will be a light southerly breeze which will make it feel a little warmer.

After a clear start to the morning, it will become increasingly dull and gloomy with light showers at times. The humid trend is set to continue, with temperatures climbing to a 24c high in the light southerly breeze.

During the afternoon it will become a little clearer, with a chance of temperatures reaching 25c. The wind will pick up to a gentle southerly breeze, but it will feel a little cooler.

The evening will become a little clearer with temperatures ending the day at 16c. The wind will shift from a light westerly to a south westerly breeze which will make it feel a little warmer.

Isle of Wight Weather forecast for Tuesday 28th June, 2011.

20% chance of thunderstorm activity, grass pollen count very high, UV index 7.

The night will be partially cloudy with temperatures not dropping below 16c. The wind will pick up from a light to a gentle northerly breeze with a 12c wind chill.

Quite heavy cloud cover will remain during the morning, but the sun will help lift temperatures to 22c. The wind will ease to a light northerly breeze, with temperatures feeling pretty similar.

During the afternoon it will remain very cloudy with a mixture of sunny spells and scattered showers. Temperatures will ease to 21c in the light northerly breeze.

Partially cloudy skies and slight showers will be the feature of the evening, with temperatures easing to 13c. The wind will remain a light northerly breeze.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Loving the big fat ????? IMBY!! Radar Watching it is then! :drinks:

Posted

Yar! :crazy:

Yep I'm 90% certain (lol) that I'm heading to Wicken Fen tomorrow now. Supercells or bust :p

How would you feel if everything happened over here and all you got there was a light shower? :p

Oh, and by the way, isn't Dronfield here in Derbyshire instead of South Yorkshire?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

UKASF have their thoughts out:-

http://ukasf.co.uk/?name=Storm&mode=view&id=22

Quite happy that my target was in the severe marked area now!

Have to say not entirely sure I agree with UKASF!

Their description of storms across the SE appears to be quite generic and I'm not entirely sure imports for example would be predominately elevated and IC lightning. IMO, with such high dew points cloud bases would be lower than typical plume imports.

All heading in the right direction though :D

Estofex still quiet - I suspect at the moment they'll sleep on it and post a forecast come morning, when there's a clearer idea re the behaviour of the advance front, encroaching low etc.

Posted

How would you feel if everything happened over here and all you got there was a light shower? :p

Oh, and by the way, isn't Dronfield here in Derbyshire instead of South Yorkshire?

Dronfieldwikipedia Dronfield

Look at the date!!!

Thats catching quite a few people out

Edited by paul m

Posted

@ Buckster 76: That's an extended forecast issued today for Tuesday, not Monday. Monday's one hasn't been released yet for whatever reason...

Edited by Paranoid